Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 12+ months notice, you think WWE will/did work out an agreement to have the roof open for WM if the weather is good? At rogers centre, they don't open the roof for baseball games until May. Maybe if WWE worked out an agreement a year before, they could get them to open it for one night?

Would you rather a WM in a huge dome under the lights(just like WM18) or with the roof open meaning it'll be bright to start the show, then nighttime afterwards(and ppl are treated to CN Tower lit up)

Jays game with roof closed:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/rj/jaysnest/skydome2.jpg

Jays game with roof open:
http://torontospeeddate.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/toronto-blue-jays-325x325-300x300.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/497197473_b1b74a4fc8.jpg?v=0
(cn tower isn't lit up, but still...)

And as you can tell from the first pic, the big screen is gonna be where the stage is(just like last WM) and if you imagine how the stage,ramp and ring space will be like, you could picture probably 30,000 more people being able to watch the show.

So that's almost 80,000 people right there who will be at the show. The rogers centre added more seats since last WM so 80,000 seems like a number they'd reach which could make it a contender for largest crowd in wrestling history(WM3 supposed total number was 78,000) and most attended event in canadian history.

·
Registered
983 Posts
TBH, open roof really takes away the atmosphere from the crowd, but it does look amazing. I think it would be nice to have closed this year, 24 & 26 have been open roofs lately, so maybe every second year it can be open.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WM27 has a open roof though doesn't it? And rogers centre has been known for its limited fireworks due to the dome and the smoke staying in the building, and since WWE loves using pyros, we might not get to see as much pyros with a closed roof.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
So is it confirmed that Wrestlemania XXVIII is going to Toronto? I'm just wondering if we're not counting our chickens before they hatch.

Nevertheless, if Wrestlemania is Toronto-bound in 2012, I suspect the roof would be closed, considering that the event is likely to take place on April 1 (since Easter Sunday is on April 8). From what I can gather, Toronto on April 1 is probably a rather brisk location, and it's in the EST time zone, meaning the show won't begin until 7:00 PM, and it would doubtless only get chillier as the evening progresses.

However, I suppose it's possible...

·
19,156 Posts
WM27 has a open roof though doesn't it? And rogers centre has been known for its limited fireworks due to the dome and the smoke staying in the building, and since WWE loves using pyros, we might not get to see as much pyros with a closed roof.
Nope. Georgia Dome is enclosed, all the way. But sunlight seeps through it during daytime, and should for the first hour or 90 minutes or so at Wrestlemania, considering the start time.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
After having experienced a closed roof for 25 and an open for 26, I think I would prefer the closed because it just makes for a better atmosphere. Unless they can do it completely open like 24, it really isn't worth it imo. They can't do epic fireworks and noise escapes. I'd rather they have it closed.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rogers centre does open quite abit. I'd say out of the 180 degrees possible for a roof to open, probably 150 of it is open sky while the other 30 is the retractable stuff.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I dislike open roofs, the opening pyro is less spectacular and as other people have said it can take away from crowd atmosphere. For example at WM 26 the crowd sounded very quiet, but it could've been to do with the open stadium.

·
19,156 Posts
^^^^^

Nope, it's just being widely assumed that Toronto is the destination. I would hardly be surprised if it turns out to be the case, but it has not been confirmed; it is not official.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
If Toronto is the location, I'm gonna scream, and not in a good way (though I live 4 hours away from there). The last thing we need is another year of idiotic Christian world title speculation.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
If Toronto is the location, I'm gonna scream, and not in a good way (though I live 4 hours away from there). The last thing we need is another year of idiotic Christian world title speculation.
Lol we'll be getting that for years even if the location isn't Toronto.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
WrestleMania next year could be in goddamn Iran and it wouldn't make a shred of difference. Death, taxes, and Christian world title speculation, my friend.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Yeah, but it's even worse when the morons think it's going to be the main event at WrestleMania. At least the rest of the time it's in a location that could feasibly happen.

·
Dragon Slayer
6,629 Posts
Open roof really is awesome to watch on TV. Like WM 24. On the other hand closed gives you a feeling of really being in a packed arena and part of something special. Either way would work fine. I love WM for being WM.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a pic from a concert, but WM setup will be basically the same. Looking at this pic, I think WM will be better with closed roof, but it'll suck if they can't have much pyros

·
19,156 Posts
Wow, I have to admit that one shot is quite magnificent with the open roof. Either way, though, I'm sure it'll be immense.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
WrestleMania next year could be in goddamn Iran and it wouldn't make a shred of difference. Death, taxes, and Christian world title speculation, my friend.
Actually,I think the Iranian crowd would riot if a guy named Christian would win a World Title in their country...

Here's a pic from a concert, but WM setup will be basically the same. Looking at this pic, I think WM will be better with closed roof, but it'll suck if they can't have much pyros

Isn't that the U2 concert pic? That looks epic.

I prefer closed roof,but opened when it's still sunny. I really love the "blue lights,packed arena,epic athmosfere". It makes WMs Main Event that much special.

Examples:

And that athmosfere owns such as WM24,WM26 and others...

Examples:

So I'm all for closed roof =)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts