Wrestling Forum banner

WM XXX Produces Huge Surge In Economic Impact, WWE Expects WM 31 To Meet Or Exceed #

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr. WrestleMania 
#1 · (Edited)
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_81751.shtml#.VGNtuIdCPzI

The economic impact of WrestleMania 30 on New Orleans jumped 41 percent from the previous year's Mania.

WWE reported to the San Jose Mercury News that WM30 generated $142.2 million to the local New Orleans area in April. The previous year's Mania generated generated $101.2 million to the New Jersey/New York market.

Two years ago, WM28 generated $102.7 million for the Miami area.

WWE executive John Saboor said WWE expects WM31 at Levi's Stadium in Northern California to "meet or exceed" the impact on New Orleans.

- What caused the jump in economic impact this year is that "about 4 out of every 5 attendees" - or 80 percent - came from outside New Orleans. Those individuals are more likely to spend more money on hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc.

Whereas, only 54 percent of WM29 attendees were from outside New York/New Jersey, so nearly half of attendees already lived in the area and did not view Mania as a vacation. Two years ago, the figure was 71 percent for WM28 in Miami.

- As a result of the increased spending surrounding WM30, WWE reported $24 million in taxes directly into the local New Orleans government through "ticket buys, merchandise sales, and hotel stays."

This was up 45 percent from $16.5 million in New York/New Jersey and up 57 percent from $15.3 million in Miami.
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers-stadium/ci_26917045/wrestlemania-at-49ers-stadium-bay-area-pre-sale (original source)

Bay Area is huge tourist destination so would not surprise me at all if it beats WM XXX economy.

Reactions: Brock
#4 ·
Re: WM XXX Produces Huge Surge In Economic Impact, WWE Expects WM 31 To Meet Or Excee

But the thing is for people that bought the packages they are putting them in San Jose not San Fransico and there's a lot of people who have gone to previous WMs are not going this year. Packages did very bad this year because many felt they were too expensive and the location was not worth it.

#5 ·
Re: WM XXX Produces Huge Surge In Economic Impact, WWE Expects WM 31 To Meet Or Excee

NOLA was great for WM. I said this in the travel thread, but I'm almost forced to add Vegas to my WM31 trip because Santa Clara is a dump. The hell am I gonna do there? Take selfies infront of Google? lol.

WM30 was a blast. The city was awesome and is probably the best host city for WM for the foreseeable future. I'm most likely retiring from WM trips after this. Hitting up Miami, NOLA, Vegas, and CA in a three year span is enough for me lol.

#6 ·

New Orleans was absolutely insane! It was my first ever Mania, and my first time even visting USA. The fact that it was so small and congested made the trip that much better. Wrestling fans EVERYWHERE, it was insane. Bourbon street was one big party the entire week, nothing but chants, haha.

I hope they go back there soon, i'll definitely go again.

#7 ·

I don't know if the bay area will be bigger than New Orleans, it's New Orleans, Cali is kinda overrated and expensive. a lot of venues that have changed up from going to Cali are making more money because less expensive area means more people willing to go.

#8 ·
Im so happy i ended up going. Amazing time on Bourbon street, WM, and Raw.

Bourbon street saturday night was fucking epic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.