1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
So, someone wins the Royal Rumble and "beats 29 other men" to win a title shot at the biggest show of the year and now he has to share that opportunity? I don't even know how I would write that it would make sense. Maybe if ADR was a face I could see him doing it because "it's the ring thing to do" mindframe.

·
1/100
7,729 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it and I wouldn't really consider it a spoiler. I maintain that they will find a way to add him to the Corre match (even though it makes no sense whatsoever to add him to the Corre match).

Would be thrilled and ecstatic if he was added. I know he has a -35% chance of winning (yes, NEGATIVE) but I don't give a fuck about that considering he will never win (nor should he win anyway).

Being in a World Championship match at Wrestle fucking Mania is the next best thing, daddy-o.

So, someone wins the Royal Rumble and "beats 29 other men" to win a title shot at the biggest show of the year and now he has to share that opportunity? I don't even know how I would write that it would make sense. Maybe if ADR was a face I could see him doing it because "it's the ring thing to do" mindframe.
What's to write when it has already been written?

- Del Rio is the #1 contender.
- The #1 contender was defeated this past Friday in a 1v1 match against Christian.
- Keyfabe wise, Christian should be in the same ballpark as the #1 contender (even go back to classic booking: when the #1 contender gets beat, the guy who beats him is the new #1 contender).
- Del Rio is still guaranteed his shot as the Rumble winner, however they could add Christian to the match on the grounds that he defeated Del Rio 1v1 (and it would make sense considering he has been involved with this storyline since day 1)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
This.

Could you imagine if this was Cena or Triple H, the IWC would roast them. But since it is Christian, everyone lets it slide. Christian has no business being in this match, he doesn't draw and he is clearly not going to win, so what is the point?

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
the same report stating hhh/taker is ME means i can't take this seriously

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
What's to write when it has already been written?

- Del Rio is the #1 contender.
- The #1 contender was defeated this past Friday in a 1v1 match against Christian.
- Keyfabe wise, Christian should be in the same ballpark as the #1 contender (even go back to classic booking: when the #1 contender gets beat, the guy who beats him is the new #1 contender).
- Del Rio is still guaranteed his shot as the Rumble winner, however they could add Christian to the match on the grounds that he defeated Del Rio 1v1 (and it would make sense considering he has been involved with this storyline since day 1)
I get what you're saying but that still doesn't make sense. The Rumble was for #1 contendership. The cage match on SmackDown was not.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Doesn't matter if it wasn't for the #1 contendership. Christian beats the #1 contender that makes him #1 in the fans' eyes.

This wouldn't be a problem if they had him in the match from the get-go. Its not like this is the first time WWE pisses on the Rumble.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
The fans don't decide who the #1 contender is. Beating Del Rio should make Christian next in line for a title shot if anything but hey I'm not complaining. I'd love to see Christian in a world title match at WrestleMania, just don't think it makes much sense.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
The fans don't decide who the #1 contender is. Beating Del Rio should make Christian next in line for a title shot if anything but hey I'm not complaining. I'd love to see Christian in a world title match at WrestleMania, just don't think it makes much sense.
ATM it doesn't, if Christian is slated to be in the match, they will explain it. I still would like it to be 1 on 1 but I wouldn't be against a 3-way.

·
Ho!
18,998 Posts
I want Christian in this match... hell, I'd love it if Christian just entirely replaced Del Rio and faced Edge one on one. I mean sure it wouldn't make any sense and would devalue the credibility of winning the Royal Rumble, but as far as I'm concerned, Del Rio still isn't ready to main event Mania... but I'm stretching my dream out a bit much there anyway, so I'd settle for a triple threat.

However, I'm not believing it till it happens.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts