• Hogan

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a defining moment for WWE at that time, so who were you rooting for? And what would you have done differently about the match?

·
Registered
977 Posts
It was a defining moment for WWE at that time, so who were you rooting for? And what would you have done differently about the match?
Back when Rocky was my idol (I was 11 going on 12) haha. Tbh, I think the match was done pretty perfectly, and the build-up was awesome too. I wouldn't change a thing, and that just goes to show how I feel the product has fallen from grace. Rock vs Hogan at WM18 is one of the few stories that were done pristinely from beginning to end imo.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
it was the perfect ending, the handshake offering totally sealed it, i feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad though cause the main event was AFTER that match which ofcourse didnt live up even close to the atmosphere that was Rock/Hogan, gotta feel guilty for those who were maineventing that one, i dont even remember who it was too lmao

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
This match went perfect. It wasnt about who could pull off the best moves, who could use all the submission holds. This was the match up that helped defined those legendary match ups. Things like these don't come too often. Im glad it was Rock-Hogan instead of Austin/Hogan too. As I feel Rock/Hogan just meshed so well together for the storyline, build up and actual match.

·
22,784 Posts
I was rooting for... ummm... I dunno, probably Hogan. Don't like either man, but my Rock hate was likely at an all time high from 2000-2002 lol.

As for what I would change... nothing really. The match itself was working perfectly and the story... well the build up imo wasn't that good; they started it off as a big "Icon Vs Icon" match or something, then tried to force the HATE~! with Hogan trying to murder Rock with a truck or something and it was just blargh.

Thought Undertaker Vs Flair was the better match with a MUCH better build up anyway, and to ME personally was a far bigger match with Flair being the greatest ever imo and Undertaker being such a huge star for almost 12 years at this point.

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
it was the perfect ending, the handshake offering totally sealed it, i feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad though cause the main event was AFTER that match which ofcourse didnt live up even close to the atmosphere that was Rock/Hogan, gotta feel guilty for those who were maineventing that one, i dont even remember who it was too lmao
It was Jericho/HHH, which to be completely honest, wasn't even a great main event.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing it was perfect all over it something i will never forget for the rest of my life i think and the 2 leaving together THE END OF THE GREAT DAYS OF WRESTLING because nothing would be higher i'm sure

·
Banned
623 Posts
Hogan all the way. I loved that match, more so because Hogan was cheating like hell through out the whole match and was getting the cheers while Rock was playing by the rules and getting all the boos. LMAO

Pity it was not Stone Cold vs. Hogan so Austin would feel the boos just like the rock did. Although it seemed that Hall got just as much cheers as austin did in his match. When they through Nash out of the match the fans were booing Austin and the ref. lol

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I was rooting for... ummm... I dunno, probably Hogan. Don't like either man, but my Rock hate was likely at an all time high from 2000-2002 lol.

As for what I would change... nothing really. The match itself was working perfectly and the story... well the build up imo wasn't that good; they started it off as a big "Icon Vs Icon" match or something, then tried to force the HATE~! with Hogan trying to murder Rock with a truck or something and it was just blargh.

Thought Undertaker Vs Flair was the better match with a MUCH better build up anyway, and to ME personally was a far bigger match with Flair being the greatest ever imo and Undertaker being such a huge star for almost 12 years at this point.
The hate between Rock & Hogan was always supposed to be there. It didnt really start off one way and then they just switched over.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
lol @ people voting The Rock. You guys are lying out your teeth. Most of y'all were rooting for Hogan because of the nostalgia factor. But now you wanna say Rock because Hogan's one of the most hated guys here. This is coming from the biggest Rock stan.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
^^ no no i knew and watch all about hogan and love a lot of his stuff but i choose the rock because he is the best for me and for the most fans back to 2002 except of toronto

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
I obviously preferred Rock as he was my favourate against the old generation, the same thing applies next year with me obviously falling into the older generation.

It was pretty awesome I wouldn't really change anything.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
I've always been "loyal" to 3 guys, Macho Man, Rock and Austin, always, no matter against who.
the actual match was surprisingly good, Rock was a great worker but Hogan was too old at that point, far exceed expectations.

·
Asuka
96,227 Posts
I wanted Rock to win because I'm absolutely astonished that Hulk Hogan even has a job in sports entertainment, much less is the face of it. There's just no fucking reason for that guy to be found entertaining, just none.

As for what I'd change about the match? Nothing. It went exactly as it needed to and both guys got put over in the exact way that should've happened. It wasn't a "good" match, but it was never meant to be. It did everything that it set out to accomplish, which is actually a hell of a lot more than I can say for most matches.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My Favorite wrestler growing up vs my favorite wrestler of all time, was a special match for me to see. I was rooting for a great classic match, and hoped Rock would win. so everything went perfect for me, although I was a bit surprised at the crowd reaction but it made it fun to see rock heel it up a little.

·
Registered
977 Posts
lol @ people voting The Rock. You guys are lying out your teeth. Most of y'all were rooting for Hogan because of the nostalgia factor. But now you wanna say Rock because Hogan's one of the most hated guys here. This is coming from the biggest Rock stan.
Couldn't be more wrong. I caught bits of WCW before it's ridiculous demise and hated Hogan. Then after a couple yrs we got sky and I watched WWE (just after WM17) and Rock blew my mind. I wanted to BE this guy!!! And I was 11 when the NWO feud came about.

So yeah, I really give a shit what a bunch of faceless names on the 'internetz lulz' care about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts