Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think the brand split will finish and combine the raw roster with smackdowns?

and if it did happen then how would hey fit everyone on a ppv?
any ppvs would surely include cena , orton , barrett , taker(when fit) , hhh , sheamus , rey , probably by the time of the split del rio and bryan will be big time players so they will have to be on it .
thats 5 possible matches wthout kofi , rhodes , miz ,big show , punk , kane and a lot more .
would a brand combination be a good or a bad thing?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I hope it doesnt. WWE would have to cut so many wrestlers to make it work. This would look VERY bad on WWE, because that means they are putting people out of work. They jsut need to make the titles bi-branded (since they are unifying all the titles). Just the champions should be able to go to both brands.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
NO. No. No. no no no no no.

I honestly don't understand the obsession with ending the brand split. If it ended, it would exacerbate a lot of the problems people have with the WWE right now, anyway.

Ending the brand split would make for a VERY stale main event scene. It would almost completely eliminate the opportunities for new superstars. I mean, there's no way they could have Orton, Cena, Edge, HHH, Undertaker, Rey, Sheamus, and all the other established main eventers in feuds that aren't for the main title.

Along those same lines, it would disallow young superstars to even build themselves up using mid-card titles, because the lower-main event guys would always have them, instead of up-and-coming midcarders.

Moreso, ending the brand split gets rid of options. I know that, though I do, a LOT of people don't have time to watch two shows to keep up with everything, or just don't want to watch one of the shows.

Pretty much, I see no real advantage to ending the brand split but possibly for the fact that it would establish one high champion, but frankly I don't think that outweighs the negatives.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
no, i think it would be a mistake to end the split. however, i do see more crossover storylines...which is fine by me. it keeps things fresh. and other than the womens and tag titles, i think it's a mistake to unify ALL the belts...but thats another topic all together.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
It would allow for them to create a proper tag division; consisting of perhaps 8 or 9 teams.That would stop them from having to release wrestlers.

It would also force them to create some personal feuds and storylines,as opposed to 2 guys fighting over the titles all the time.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^I agree that the IC title and the US title should stay seperate. they also need to put the womens title on one show (and move all divas who can wrestle to that show) and bring back the cruiserweight title and put it on the other show (and move all or most of the cruiserweights to that show (smackdown)).

They can also have a draft ever 6 months or so. one big draft, adn then a small draft just to mix up the rosters for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It would be crazy at this point to end the brand split, there are far too many wrestlers in WWE who are in the main event. A brand merge would help out the tag team division as the WWE would be forced to put teams together, rather then future endevour people.

They could bring back the cruiserweight division an just have it on one show like Smackdown or Superstars.

I do like the idea of still having the brand split whilst having crossover stories between Raw and Smackdown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts