Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just finished watching impact. I am sooo happy Fortune turned on Immortal. Honestly, when Bischoff set out to win all the titles (with the exception of Abyss) it was Kazarian and Beer Money (Fortune members) who went out an won the titles. Abyss now written off TV (along with the TV Title), Jeff Hardy without the World Heavyweight Championship and in some serious trouble backstage with his court hearing... honestly, what do Immortal have.

AJ was right on the money with everything he said at the end of Impact, about Bischoff putting a multi-million dollar company out of business. It seems as though TNA have finally listened to the fans and are now giving everyone what they want.

Without Fortune (and besides Jeff Hardy), Immortal have an unfit Matt Hardy, a roided up freak, an over-the-hill Jarrett (whom was never a draw in the first place), and 2 security guards.

Your thoughts on Immortal minus Fortune.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I don't believe a few extra pounds of Matt Hardy are going to do any real damage to his ability. Give him a couple of weeks to shake off the ring rust and he could easily work an upper midcard feud. Rob Terry could presumably do the same, if a little lower down the card, provided he was given a suitable opponent who could carry him to a decent match. Thankfully the current incarnation of Fortune & Friends is full of people who fit that description.

Gunner and Murphy can work an ok match as we saw against Ink Inc on Thursday. They're never going to be headlining any shows, but given more professional looking ring attire and a team name, they might just be able to shake that security guard feel and come across as legit competitors that don't feel like a cheap stand in for real performers. If ever a high profile tag match is necessary, the Hardys could step in. They're certainly credible enough when Matt isn't making inappropriate gestures and being unnecessarily loud.

Jarret has his feud with Angle, so I think that covers them both. Hardy will presumably be dealing with Anderson for the time being so I think that covers him as well. The only remaining person is Abyss who, assuming they bring him back sooner rather than later, could, sadly, continue his relentless trudge of tedium in the mid card.

So numerically, they're only short two guys, but considering the difference in standing between the members of the groups, those guys need to be fairly prestigious performers. Assuming - praying - Hogan doesn't get back in the ring any time soon, they'll need to find a couple of new members.

Since they lack any X Division suitable competitors, they need to fill that role. Daniels would be a fun addition and he would fit in quite comfortably, although that depends entirely on the status of his ROH contract.

The last position is perhaps the most important, since they only have one main event performer to Fortune's four (if you include Steiner and Anderson). The logical choices are all either tied up in feuds of their own (Pope and Joe) or really, really shouldn't be turned at this point (Morgan or Williams). Frustratingly the best choice here would be to turn Anderson, freeing up both him and Hardy, unless they have any returning stars they're hoping to use.

I just hope RVD doesn't join Immortal. But he probably will.
From what I remember, both he and Jeff Hardy were offered the story Jeff has now, but RVD declined because he didn't want to turn heel. I don't imagine they would force him to turn, so he'll probably remain a face unless he has a change of heart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Who needs Fortune when they have the HARDY BOYS!!!! Seriously, Jeff Hardy himself is a huge draw that probably improved TNA viewership by leaps and bounds, I'm sure there are all sorts of creative things he can do with his new "Enigmatic" personality that will even up the numbers game.

·
WF Veteran
975 Posts
Who needs Fortune when they have the HARDY BOYS!!!! Seriously, Jeff Hardy himself is a huge draw that probably improved TNA viewership by leaps and bounds, I'm sure there are all sorts of creative things he can do with his new "Enigmatic" personality that will even up the numbers game.
Jeff has been here for a while and ratings haven't improved plus hes a heel i doubt the kiddies would want to see their hero a bady guy

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey guys,

Just finished watching impact. I am sooo happy Fortune turned on Immortal. Honestly, when Bischoff set out to win all the titles (with the exception of Abyss) it was Kazarian and Beer Money (Fortune members) who went out an won the titles. Abyss now written off TV (along with the TV Title), Jeff Hardy without the World Heavyweight Championship and in some serious trouble backstage with his court hearing... honestly, what do Immortal have.

AJ was right on the money with everything he said at the end of Impact, about Bischoff putting a multi-million dollar company out of business. It seems as though TNA have finally listened to the fans and are now giving everyone what they want.

Without Fortune (and besides Jeff Hardy), Immortal have an unfit Matt Hardy, a roided up freak, an over-the-hill Jarrett (whom was never a draw in the first place), and 2 security guards.

Your thoughts on Immortal minus Fortune.
Ya all 13 people that constantly bitch about TNA on this site.

The only reason they turned fortune face was because they couldnt get the MEM back, so they had to do something last minute again.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Immortal now is,

Hulk Hogan
Eric Bischoff
Jeff Jarret
Jeff Hardy
Abyys
Rob Terry
Gunner
Murphy
Hernandez
Matt Hardy

hopefully either samoa joe or pope turn heel and join, and mabe steiner too

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
They still have a big checkbook. I'd think about bringing in guys like Pope, Motor City Machine Guns (Now that Beer Money is babyface), I'd finally bring back Desmond Wolfe. Have him be pissed off that he was in the original Fourtune, but they dropped him for Kaz.

There's still some talent there that could be used.

I think a new version of Immortal with Pope, the Guns, Desmond Wolfe, and maybe even Magnus would be good.

I don't think they should bring back guys who were already in Immortal and left.

I would even finally bring in Haas & Benjamin, and have them join Angle initially, then turn on him.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I expect more heel turns in the future.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
^ Pretty safe bet for TNA, these days.

The Immortal angle has always seemed dumb to me. Maybe since there isn't a lot of talent left in the stable (minus one or two guys, imo) we'll see the death of them.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Well this is basically the problem that i spoke about when i originally read the spoilers because it was so rushed through due to TNA not having a back up plan in case Kevin Nash, Booker T and Sting didn't come back for The Main Event Mafia despite TNA already going through with the "They" storyline they didn't think about what happen's once Fortune had been turned face either. The reality was that Fortune were the only credible one's in Immortal outside of Jeff Hardy and now without Fortune in Immortal the heel group looks as weak as hell and nowhere near believable in beating the face group.

Even going back to the start of the year when Matt Morgan had turned face i said it was a mistake because you knew that Sting and Kevin Nash would probably be planned to go against Immortal as would Mr Anderson, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Rob Van Dam be as well thuse meaning the face's would have been Sting, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Mr Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan against Immortal consisting of Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, AJ Styles, Frankie Kazarian, Beer Money, Rob Terry, Abyss and Jeff Jarrett which even there looks as if the heel group is weaker than the face group so now TNA have made Immortal look even weaker and even less credible.

What i would like to see is once Ric Flair get's back Frankie Kazarian and Beer Money turn heel again by maybe costing AJ Styles a match against Jeff Hardy as Frankie Kazarian and Beer Money are probably the three best heel's in TNA right now but i would go further than that and also turn Matt Morgan heel as well with him maybe costing Mr Anderson a non title match against someone thus setting up Anderson/Morgan properly after a few months of that feud being teased. It is pretty much standard booking for the heel to look stronger than the face so that the face coming back for their revenge will draw so for Immortal despite being a horrible stable from the start have to look stronger than Fortune and the face's in order for the storyline to even go anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imo Im glad that Fortune turned on Immortal. After all it seemed TNA was favoring the heels more when they had two heel factions become a alliance. Now its all balanced.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Immortal is lacking star power, you have Jeff Hardy after that it gets weak.

RVD and Mr.Anderson should stay face, constant turning is very annoying. Out of the heels available I think Pope would be the best fit.

Certainly don't want to see Bully Ray join, GenMe and Robbie wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
From a storyline standpoint, I'd like to see the look on Hogan's face when he comes back and sees the "new" Immortal. lol

Hogan has a group of big men and cartoon characters that he thinks the people want to see. That being said, it's not who they have, it's how they're booked. Gunner and Murphy could be managed by Flair and his name alone would get them over as a team. Terry could be a bodyguard and a repackaged Hernandez would be an upper-midcard threat. And Abyss will eventually be back.

The Hardys will be a threat to all the belts. (you know they get a tag run.)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Immortal now is,

Hulk Hogan
Eric Bischoff
Jeff Jarret
Jeff Hardy
Abyys
Rob Terry
Gunner
Murphy
Hernandez
Matt Hardy

hopefully either samoa joe or pope turn heel and join, and mabe steiner too
Eh, Hernandez? the fuck you talkin bout .....?

·
Registered
919 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts