Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Rock was leaving for hollywood the ratings would go down no doubt, however they didn't have to go down as low as they did, another reason for the lower ratings is there were no top babyfaces in the title picture, Triple H, the 2nd top draw after The Rock should've just turned face.

Now, we all know that the WWF wanted to cut a slow build for Triple H's heel turn so he could face Austin at Wrestlemania 18. so instead of turning him face flat out on the April 2nd 2001 Raw Is War they swerved us and kept him heel with Austin, even though it made no sense, it would be the same as Triple H and Kurt Angle teaming up after their Summer 2000 story, it made no sense, especially when this was just 1 month after that match.

They should've had either 2nd top draw Triple H turn face as fans were begging for it so bad they had to turn him face against Kurt Angle, then they screwed the fans by turning him heel, he would get some of the loudest pops in the WWF, fans rooted for him against Kurt Angle and Stone Cold(who was supposed to be the babyface in that story)

After Wrestlemania 17 people wanted Triple H to go after Austin, instead Rock left, ratings fell, ratings fell even worse when Triple H was demoted to the intercontinental title, while 2nd top Babyface after The Rock, Chris Jericho was still in midcard for some reason(Jericho should've been WWF champion by this point but we let it slide, hence why alot of people consider his April 2000 win as a valid title reign.

Instead Triple H stayed heel despite popular demand for face turn, we're left with no top babyface, Rock's gone, Jericho's getting held down, and then Triple H gets injured, which forced a failed invasion angle.

What would you have done to fix this? I would've just turned Triple H babyface, ratings would stay up in similar numbers and held over until The Rock returned, they certainly would've done better than what they did.

Chris Jericho was in a similar situation as The Rock was in 99, drawing huge but kept out of title picture,

Difference was that while The Rock was held down in undercard from mid-late 1999, he was still indeed the top draw #1 of professional wrestling since late 1998, and when they were doing it and used him to get guys like Triple H & Billy Gunn over, which worked with Triple H.

While Chris Jericho wasn't the #1 draw, but still huge and main event level nonetheless and certainly the 2nd top drawing babyface, instead he was used to get guys like Benoit and Regal over.

Certainly Jericho and/or Triple H as top babyface in Rock's absence would've been better than the repeat of Austin/Undertaker

Reactions: BeastIncarnate

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so Stone Cold fucked your wife and the illegitimate son that birthed is a sick boy who loves Cena but gets beatdown by you regularly. And you also like to fantasize yourself getting 'rammed' by THE GOAT Daniel Bryan.

THANK YHWH/ GOD
I didn't even talk about Stone Cold, other than the fact that he was the heel champion here and we need a babyface in the title picture, chill out.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts

Not even going to bother reading this. I'm sure there is mental gymnastics being done to discredit Austin present. Probably a line or two about Foley being a bigger draw than Austin. Hell, with HHH in the title he's probably being painted as a bigger draw as well. At this rate we can probably expect a thread saying that the company should have located a young Hornswaggle and let him run with the 3:16 line.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Not even going to bother reading this. I'm sure there is mental gymnastics being done to discredit Austin present. Probably a line or two about Foley being a bigger draw than Austin. Hell, with HHH in the title he's probably being painted as a bigger draw as well. At this rate we can probably expect a thread saying that the company should have located a young Hornswaggle and let him run with the 3:16 line.
Mick Foley has nothing to do with the topic, stick to the topic, did you even read the topic?...

It's not about Austin or Rock, it's about a lack of a top babyface in Rock's absence with a heel Austin as champion. Austin was present, he was the heel champion, so you're getting upset because he's not an option in the thread for the babyface role???

No shit, he was heel, that's what the thread is about who's gonna be the top babyface against heel champion Austin in the top draw The Rock's absence, read the thread next time.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Hunter Hearst Helmsley would've been a bigger star had he stayed as a baby instead of insisting on turning heel.

- Vic

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hunter Hearst Helmsley would've been a bigger star had he stayed as a baby instead of insisting on turning heel.

- Vic
I don't get why he kept doing this, he was supposed to be in the main event of WrestleMania 17 in a triple threat with Rock and Austin but declined because he thought they should go one on one when logically since the summer fans drew the conclusion that Angle and/or HHH we're main eventing this mania with Rock.

Then he agrees to drop the belt to Hogan, people say this man plays political, I can't buy into that I just cant, people site the reign of terror but forget that he and Shawn were the only two real draws left at the time.

Reactions: Bret Hart

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
Here's the thing-uhh...

With WCW gone, old man Vince stopped putting on his A-game on every damn weekly show.

And that was the moment, when instead of getting instant gratification-uhh.. (which was the norm during Attitude Era)..

He started to invest in long drawn slow burner storylines-uhh.

Obviously, the audience was not conditioned-uhh to seeing that kind of drastic change.

That's why within 2 PPVs after Mania 17, a large chunk of audience vanished-uhh.

The Haitch would've been the TOP babyface, but he had already beaten Steve Autism clean a month before Mania.

So, old man Vince thought of doing a Summerslam triple threat main event with The Haitch as tweener, Austin as heel and Rocky as babyface.

Unfortunately, The Haitch busted his quad-uhh and the plans got canceled.

But back in those days, the gap between Mania and Summerslam was huge.

Every PPV was a must watch, and storylines had to conclude at every damn PPV.

So once it was clear that the people were not getting that instant gratification-uhh, they said fuck it and left.

Nobody wanted to see a coward heel retain for 4 months in a row.

And make no mistake-uhh, Austin wasn't half as badass heel in 2001 that The Haitch was in 2000.

So the people were indifferent and that showed as the ratings declined-uhh.

Heel Austin was a pathetic draw, and The Haitch was carrying his crippled ass during the Two Man Power Trip.

Anyhow, The Haitch got rewarded next year upon his return.

While Autism got deservingly demoted to midcard in 2002 where he really belonged-uhh.

P.S.: The Haitch loves these threads by RL Stevenson-uhh where he makes these snowflake Autism marks melt.

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
If there's one thing that makes The Haitch chuckle...

It's Autism marks calling other serious debaters idiots-uhh...

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
Or you know not turn your top draw heel.

Reactions: headstar

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Youre just mad because you don't have a pulpit on wheels that allows you the platform to go from playground to playground preaching the gospel to kids that John Cena is actually the antichrist. Making them cry one by one. Hell, fire, and brimstone. I say it....so it must be fact. I also spread the word straight from the good book that those Austin 3:16 shirts they see are blasphemous and the work of the devil. They aren't even real, just an illusion sent by the great deceiver. They need to know the truth. That Austin never drew well enough to warrant making a shirt with his evil name on it. It's all a lie. The Rock is my shepherd, I shall always want. Place your prayers and your trust in him.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Didn't bother reading the OP.

Why hasn't this dude been banned yet or had his thread making privileges revoked?

Unfortunately we do have a few idiots on this site who fall for this guy's bullshit/revisionist history and entertain his threads with serious responses actually agreeing with him.
You call them idiots for doing their own history and not believing in WWE's or the internets revisionist history, the numbers are there, Rock was the top draw since late 1998 and this is proven over and over again yet you and a few others go through desperate lengths to deny it, a good example is how someone could refute the idea of austin/undertaker title match being the highest drawing segment with the fact that it's an overrun meaning Austin didn't draw it, especially when it's shown that they took the rating down from an earlier drawing segment (7.3). Yet you will continue to ignore it despite the fact that me and many others refute it with the fact that it's an overrun.

This thread wasn't about how much Austin drew, it's about who could take over as top babyface and go against heel champion Austin, since Rock was gone, but u didn't read the thread did you, instead you see that the title says Rock was the top draw, which he was at that point even under the revisionist history he'd have already been #1, you saw that it says Rock was top draw and you got upset and didn't read the thread, despite the fact that the Rock whether I like it or not, whether you or anyone else likes it or not was factually the top draw since late 1998, and this is from the numbers, facts and figures, not he said she said.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
You call them idiots for doing their own history and not believing in WWE's or the internets revisionist history, the numbers are there, Rock was the top draw since late 1998 and this is proven over and over again yet you and a few others go through desperate lengths to deny it, a good example is how someone could refute the idea of austin/undertaker title match being the highest drawing segment with the fact that it's an overrun meaning Austin didn't draw it, especially when it's shown that they took the rating down from an earlier drawing segment (7.3). Yet you will continue to ignore it despite the fact that me and many others refute it with the fact that it's an overrun.

This thread wasn't about how much Austin drew, it's about who could take over as top babyface and go against heel champion Austin, since Rock was gone, but u didn't read the thread did you, instead you see that the title says Rock was the top draw, which he was at that point even under the revisionist history he'd have already been #1, you saw that it says Rock was too draw and you got upset and didn't read the thread, despite the fact that the Rock whether I like it or not, whether you or anyone else likes it or not was factually the top draw since late 1998, and this is from the numbers, facts and figures, not he said she said.
I thought you would give you this charade that Austin wasn't the top draw after I embarrassed you TWICE on the matter. Every "fact" that you claim is pure speculation.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I agree. Why are Austin fans getting butthurt? The OP is not wrong.

See who got one of the bigger pops in this segment (11 minute mark)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30odn1

(^ they still cheered HHH when he gave the Pedigree to The Rock)

As much as I enjoyed Two Man Power Trip, HHH should've turned babyface in 2001, fans wanted to cheer him at that point. They never capitalized on Triple H as a babyface, maybe HHH prefers it that way and wants to be someone like Ric Flair who remained a bad guy for the majority of his career.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree. Why are Austin fans gettign butthurt? The OP is not wrong.

See who got one of the bigger pops in this segment (11 minute mark)

As much as I enjoyed Two Men Power Trip, HHH should've turned babyface in 2001, fans wanted to cheer him at that point. They never capitalized on Triple H as a babyface, maybe HHH prefers it that way and wants to be someone like Ric Flair who remained a bad guy for the majority of his career.
This is true, remember when Triple H came back, his return segment he's a babyface yet he's looking all mad and etc I felt like he didn't wanna do it but he had no choice to due to how over he was.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Question to the OP: If HHH was the 2nd top draw, where does Austin rank?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.