Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know. Here comes asshole of the week thread award, maybe for the whole month, but is anybody really excited for Paige to make an in-ring return?

Dont get me wrong. Its sucked that Paige was foreced to retire from doing what she loved doing from a young age. Especially since she just bounced back from sex tape,drugs, and Alberto Del Rio.

But running down the potential matches in my head on the main roster only cant say im particularly excited for many of them.

Hey if it happens for Paige ill be happy for her and great for her and her fans who im sure has quite a bit clinging on to that hope that she can return to the ring one day. But im not rushing to my tv for it whomever will be her first opponent if it ever happens

·
Premium Member
16,724 Posts
Hardly an asshole question considering all the people condemning WWE for a good show.

I, too, thought where was Paige? They might have pulled her out because Edge was also returning. She might be Too injured. She might not want to return. I would welcome her back, but I'm also not hoping for it. To me, she peaked when she wrestled AJ. It wasn't downhill, but it was meh from then on. I'd mark for a return because it means someone is healthy and can do what they love. But, I wouldn't ask for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well at some point it was going to be Paige vs. Asuka which would have been a good match to see. Given both left NXT never losing the championship and it was reportedly a Mania match before she got injured. If she is ever cleared and wants to return, she would have great matches with some of the new talent. She isn't a bad wrestler.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,391 Posts
Anyone think she would have won the 2019 RR instead of Becky??

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
As much as I want her to return for a few more matches, you just know HHH's views about her have become a disturbing and perverted fantasy of his.

·
IRAN #1
2,305 Posts
More exciting than Sheamus returning.. Besides Charlotte, Paige is the most well rounded women they have.. but I'm not gonna mark out if she comes back like Edge.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'm more interested now how Stone Cold's neck is, even him having 1 final match could be epic with the right opponent, if they could get CM Punk to agree to a one of match it would be a great way for them both to finish their careers.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I mean ...

If you can't even summon up some enthusiasm for an Edge or Paige return, perhaps you should look for a different thing to entertain you. Clearly, you're done with wrestling. I know most of these hilariously negative and contrarian posts all over this forum are just trolls seeking attention, but seriously ...

If you really do have trouble getting ANY JOY whatsoever from this buisiness, you need to just move on.

If you're not able to summon interest in seeing Paige V Asuka, Paige V Belair, Paige V Baszler, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe take up fishing? I hear that's enjoyable.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,700 Posts
It's the women's division. Nobody cares. Jesus could return in drag and it wouldn't pop a rating.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I'd be happy about a Paige return. She has personality. As good as a lot of the women wrestlers have gotten in WWE, few have that aspect down.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Am I excited for a Paige return? I mean she is already still on WWE programming, so it's not like it's some major return, although why not? Have her return.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Just because Edge and Sheamus came back and WWE let them, doesn't mean it was a good idea.

If Paige got back in the ring, I'm not sure it would be a good idea either.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Lol what kinda question is that?

Comparing Page whos most memorable thing I have seen from was pushing a dildo from her asshole and getting blacked by Xavier woods on camera , with the Rated R superstar Edge.

At least Edges love sex celebration was a part of a major storyline and brought ratings.

Page was a good female talent but was never on the level of Becky or Charlotte or Even Trish, Lita or Aj Lee.

And her stuffing her face with alll those cosmetics and her attitude during the Del rio fiasco made her look like a joke to me.

And to think that WWE banned Chyna for doing the same thing for years and not mentioning her name until she died, while Page got a lucrative job as a GM and backstage segments ...

So short answer to your question : No

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Nope. She can stay retired. I can´t look at her without thinking of her defilation of the NXT title. It is what it is. I don´t mind that she did sex tapes, but I do have a problem with how she treated that title.
And I also have a problem with her getting a free pass after the way they treated Chyna..

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'd be happy to see her back. I think the Women's division needs help right now. Charlotte, Becky, Bayley, Sasha and Asuka all seem to be in a league of their own in terms of talent, especially in the ring. Then you have a pretty big gap in talent between them and the rest of the women. At least Paige would be on that next level down from them where Kairi Sane and Ember moon type people are. The Four Horsewomen and Asuka are running out of people they can have good matches with, they can't just keep having good matches with each other all of the time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts