Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who you think will eventually go into the WWE HOF from Japan. I seriously doubt Giant Baba or Mitsuharu Misawa will go in as AJPW has never had a great working relationship with the WWE.

I'm thinking it is down to 3 names as follwed.

1. Tiger Mask - Has held the WWF Jr Title and defended it in MSG in the early 80's

2. Jushin "Thunder" Lyger - Although he has never wrestled for the WWE his stay in WCW and his legendary status around the world I believe will get him in one day.

3. The Great Muta/ Kenji Mutoh - See Lyger on why but also because of his work behind the scene when it comes to Wrestling in Japan including helping the WWE get buildings in the Late 90's on their return to Japan after many years.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
I'd mark like a bitch for Kobashi to be inducted. Him and Hideo sharing that mentor-protege hug :mj2

Also, Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto were WWF and WCW Women's Champs, respectively. I would love to see any of those 3 in the coming years

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Just wondering who you think will eventually go into the WWE HOF from Japan. I seriously doubt Giant Baba or Mitsuharu Misawa will go in as AJPW has never had a great working relationship with the WWE.

I'm thinking it is down to 3 names as follwed.

1. Tiger Mask - Has held the WWF Jr Title and defended it in MSG in the early 80's

2. Jushin "Thunder" Lyger - Although he has never wrestled for the WWE his stay in WCW and his legendary status around the world I believe will get him in one day.

3. The Great Muta/ Kenji Mutoh - See Lyger on why but also because of his work behind the scene when it comes to Wrestling in Japan including helping the WWE get buildings in the Late 90's on their return to Japan after many years.
Tiger, Lyger & Mutoh make sense cause of the reasons you listed, Misawa's easily my favorite wrestler of all time & guys like him & Kobashi are two of the greatest wrestlers of all time PERIOD but I doubt they'll ever get in.

It makes me laugh though that the innovator of so many moves & a guy as legendary as the Dragon is being inducted into the Hall of Fame as a guy like Reigns is going for the WWE title. :lol

Who knows maybe DB will bust out some Dragon Screws, Dragon Sleepers & Dragon Suplexes for Fujinami

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,975 Posts
Jushin Liger and The Great Muta most definitely should go in, I was fortunate enough to catch NJPW back in the day when we had "The Wrestling Channel" in the UK and Liger stood out to me, he was a WCW guy as well although his best and more notable work is NJPW.

The Great Muta is my favourite wrestler from NJPW, he had short stints in NWA and WCW and debuted the Muta gimmick in the NWA, I really would love for both Muta and Liger to get in, I'm more familiar with them both as I followed their work, I'm sorry to say I'm not familiar with many Wrestlers from Japan as I was a WWE watcher but I was fascinated by Muta and Liger when I saw them, a little off topic but they had a Legendary match which Liger debuted the "Kishin" gimmick.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
In any sensible HoF, there's a ton of Japanese wrestlers who have yet to be inducted.

Since this is WWE's HoF, and they don't have a clue, probably Kenzo Suzuki.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
If we go by Japan credentials: there are too many to conveniently list when WWE sets the standard at freakin Koko B Ware. If we go by American credentials:

Stan Hansen (why the hell isn't Stan in the HOF anyway? he doesn't seem to be a guy who would have any heat, he certainly doesn't stir shit up and heck even WITHIN THE HISTORY OF THE WWE, a young Stan Hansen was one of the whose who list of talented challengers to Brunno Sammartino during his decade plus reign, let alone the great run he had in the territories as a crazy man particularly with Freddie Blassie.)

Using the precedent of Koko , even if we knock off the fact that he is one of the greatest in ring performers I've ever seen and knock out the all time NJPW run, certainly Liger gets in off being a big part of WCW's supplemental cruiserweight division and completely evolving the art (remember, Koko is in).
Vader (why the heck isn't Leon in either. Yes, there was some animosity during his time, but that seems to have smoothed over seeing how kindly Vader speaks to this day of Vince and WWE let him return for that Slater run not too long ago)

never wrestled for the E IDT, but again even if we eliminate the legendary status he holds in Japan, Muta still mixed in the main event scene at times in the later NWA and had that run vs Sting in WCW. WWE owns that, so he should get in on that alone. There might be some bad blood there though since Muta and his promotion has aligned with everyone but WWE.

I know Inoki is in, is Giant Baba in?

If we throw Koko in who had a very little run of any promeinence in nwa while being a total scrub in wwe, than based on states work alone, we need to throw Brody in.

Seems like a solid barebones list. Probably more that could go in off US credentials alone, but I cannot think of any right now.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I think I would mark out like a kid if WWE was making an HOF announcement and then this theme played...

Brings me back to Roh war of the worlds last year. When that song played and he came out the place exploded.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
These two without a doubt deserve it.
no way they ever induct those two. baba only worked with wwe a handful of times, and they won't induct any of the four pillars of heaven because some young fans may look them up, and instantly realize that wwe wrestling sucks in comparison to what they did.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
First of all, Giant Baba.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts