Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mate reacently bought a PS3 and he has gone on Vacation and when he comes back he will buy his first PS3 game to go with it. So witch game should he buy ?

·
Asuka
96,262 Posts
Best PS3 exclusive is God of War III. It's a must play. The cliché response will be Uncharted 2, but it isn't anywhere near as impressive.

The problem is, you weren't specific enough so this opens up a can of worms, like, has he played God of War 1 and 2 on the PS2? If he hasn't, then rent the God of War collection before you do it. It's 1 and 2 ported over to PS3. Another question, like, does he have a 360? Because there's a bunch of awesome double platformed games he may, or may not have already played that must be experienced, like Grand Theft Auto IV and GTA: Episodes From Liberty City, the GTA IV 2 game expansion pack, Red Dead Redemption, etc...

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
If he's a fan of sneaking games, go with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. It was the main reason I bought my PS3. But, you must play the other three beforehand.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
If he's a fan of sneaking games, go with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. It was the main reason I bought my PS3. But, you must play the other three beforehand.
I've heard this, but I never finished the other three by any stretch and I understand 4 just fine. There are a few back references that I didn't get, but as a whole I understood the vast majority of it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
GOD of War III, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 and GTA IV

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I've heard this, but I never finished the other three by any stretch and I understand 4 just fine. There are a few back references that I didn't get, but as a whole I understood the vast majority of it.
Well, yeah, but if you want to know, or at least the details of, what Shadow Moses is, why Raiden is the way he is and how the fuck Liquid got into Ocelot's arm, it would be a good idea to play at least 1 and 2. Snake Eater isn't necessary, but I strongly recommend it, since it is, in my opinion, the best in the series.

·
Asuka
96,262 Posts
Isn't anywhere near impressive? Uncharted 2 has the best Campaign/Multiplayer combo I've ever seen and it was better than God of War.
I don't base anything on Multiplayer, first off. I don't play it. In any event, campaign mode should come first because they aren't designed to be primarily focused on as Multiplayer games like COD is.

Secondly, I didn't think the campaign mode in Uncharted 2 was anywhere near as impressive as God of War's. Keep in mind that I'm a huge God of War mark. I'll admit, in maybe 1 level or so, the story isn't that great, but the entire rest of it is fantastic. In terms of pure epic action moments, there's nothing in Uncharted 2 that compares to the Titan levels. Nothing. The controls are also smoother and in terms of graphics, GOW is better there too. All you have to do is look at the blood in GOW III, it's insane.

Uncharted 2 is a great game, but it's not perfect. It gets old fast. The only reason it might look better than GOW III on paper is because it won game of the year from nearly every gaming site, GOW III probably won't do that, but GOW III is dealing with a much stronger year with titles like Mass Effect II and Red Dead Redemption, which are also better than Uncharted II.

·
BULK SEASON
4,427 Posts
I don't base anything on Multiplayer, first off. I don't play it. In any event, campaign mode should come first because they aren't designed to be primarily focused on as Multiplayer games like COD is.

Secondly, I didn't think the campaign mode in Uncharted 2 was anywhere near as impressive as God of War's. Keep in mind that I'm a huge God of War mark. I'll admit, in maybe 1 level or so, the story isn't that great, but the entire rest of it is fantastic. In terms of pure epic action moments, there's nothing in Uncharted 2 that compares to the Titan levels. Nothing. The controls are also smoother and in terms of graphics, GOW is better there too. All you have to do is look at the blood in GOW III, it's insane.

Uncharted 2 is a great game, but it's not perfect. It gets old fast. The only reason it might look better than GOW III on paper is because it won game of the year from nearly every gaming site, GOW III probably won't do that, but GOW III is dealing with a much stronger year with titles like Mass Effect II and Red Dead Redemption, which are also better than Uncharted II.
Oh yeah, of course God of War's story and levels was way more epic and kickass, but I guess I'm more into those adventure games like Tomb Raider and whatnot. GoW3 was the shit it's just I like guns more than swords and chains. In terms of replay, I played through GoW3 once and was a little pissed there wasn't more costumes and things to do.

I also think games need to start focusing on their multiplayer because whether people like it or not, a game has more replay value with a multi. You say uncharted got old for you, but that's exactly how I felt about GoW3. I bought it, beat it and brought it back a week later. I played the shit out of Uncharted, got a Platinum trophy and ranked up alot in multi.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Id say go for God of war 3, uncharted 2 little big planet for exclusives

and multi platform go for Bioshock burnout paradise red dead redemotion, gta 4 and MW2 assuming he likes shooters

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Uncharted 2 is my fav if we're talking about exclusives.

If you want Heavy Rain, only get it if you have other games. I enjoyed it, but it ends fast.

I own Metal Gear Solid 4. Haven't properly played it, but it's nice. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, God of War 3, Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid 4 (in that order) are the best PS3 exclusives, IMO.

Bioshock, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, The Orange Box & Mass Effect 2 are all up there as well.

I know ME2 is a 360/PC exclusive, but I couldn't list nine of my ten favorites and then leave out the tenth [best game this year FWIW]. :side:

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
MGS 4 wasn't really a sneaking game, It should have been but to me it felt like a run-and-gun, which is a same because I am a huge fan of the series.

MGS 3 being the best :p

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
My fav was 2.

You could play MGS4 as a sneaking game if you really wanted to. I'm doing it half assed cause I'm playing for the first time on Boss Extreme

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Isn't anywhere near impressive? Uncharted 2 has the best Campaign/Multiplayer combo I've ever seen and it was better than God of War.
I agree but i'm not going to argue with Pyro because he is the worlds biggest GoW mark and won't ever shut up about it. Aside from having some really impressive and imaginative boss fights I find the series in general to be overrated.

Personally I'd say look for one of the Uncharted + system packages

Happy to see the Snake Eater love in this thread.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
From a non ps3 fan point of view, i mean i work on kinect as a tester and love my xbox, i rarely use my PS3.
When i did want to the play the only good exclusives they have ...

Heavy Rain was amazing and unlike anything you will ever play but i question its replay value and its story had holes in it

God of war 3, first god game i played and i am being fair and neutral so i didnt know the story at all, i thought was overrated and a bit dull to be honest, it was very ugly in parts .. not much of it impressed me BUT!!!!!!! i am NOT a fan of devil may cry/bayonetta style games

Uncharted 2 is probably the best solid action game i have ever played on any machine in any form, cinematically amazing.
Also i could get into the characters and story despite not playing number 1

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'd be in the minority then. MGS4's not a stealth game and maybe the worst of the series (that's not to say it's bad by any stretch). 3 is prob the best though 2 is great too.

Get Unchartered 2. You don't really need to have played the first. It's great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts