Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sting would have definitely fitted well in the roster back in the day. Definitely more of the 2005/2006 roster though. Would have loved to have seen Taker vs Sting in 2007, but even if we get it in 2016, I will still be happy!

It's a shame Sting was conscious about coming for so long. Some of you may disagree, but I am enjoying Sting position. He's being treated as a legend, and the ending to RAW with Orton/Sting was amazing! Sting could have had such an impact back in the day, he could have put on some awesome matches with WWE throughout the years, rather than wasting his time in that other dump of an organisation.

I'm still happy he is here, can't wait to see him at Wrestlemania!

·
Baby It's Violence
8,653 Posts
WWE are making sting look like a big time star and legend, which is exactly how he should be booked.

It makes me annoyed that he spent so many wasted years in TNA as just another guy.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly! I am glad he's become a main focal point, and is being treated as the icon he is. His gimmick is so unique, my brother and his friends are all talking about 'Sting' and how awesome he is! they had no idea who he was until he debuted :)

He was too big for TNA, should have never spent so long there. Look at WWE official videos on Sting, he's getting over 1.6 million views in just a couple of days. TNA cant even hit 300k I bet :L

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
TNA simply used him incorrectly.

But yeah, he stayed a couple of years too long. 2009 should've been it, in my opinion. Take 2010 off and then come to WWE in 2011 for the Taker match.

His theme music still bugs me.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a very familiar saying, 'better late than never!' he still looks good, looks no way 55! I do believe he has a couple of matches left him other than HHH. 2015/2016 should be a great time for Sting. Hopefully Sting can have a few fights at Summerslam+Survivor Series and then top it off by retiring at Wrestlemania 32 against Taker. But Sting was such a perfect fit in WWE! it's a shame he didn't come sooner. And I agree, Taker/Sting should at latest have happened in 2011 with those vignettes. But regardless of whether it's 5 years later in 2016, I'll still take it :)

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,832 Posts
WWE are making sting look like a big time star and legend, which is exactly how he should be booked.

It makes me annoyed that he spent so many wasted years in TNA as just another guy.
To be fair, he was treated like a big deal in TNA too, not just another guy. I mean of all the people who have come and gone in TNA, basically Sting and Kurt Angle were probably the best treated, and best booked wrestlers on the promotion.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts

I thought Sting was great in TNA, but TNA have a talent for making huge names seem like an average guy on the roster.

Sting's being booked well IMO, and I'm glad they're making him look good. He's one of the few legends who WWE couldn't get their hands on (until recently), so he deserved to be treated properly. Thankfully his feud is with someone on the level of Triple H, rather than an up and comer.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeh. He would have been great addition in the Ruthless Aggression era as RAW's version of the Undertaker. He could have had some good feuds with Edge, HHH, Orton, HBK and obviously Taker himself. One of the biggest missed opportunities ever.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
2011 would've been the right time.

2005/2006, Triple H was still a full time performer and Cena was still rising, I think he would've been fed to those two guys.

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
It's funny that he didn't come to WWE because he felt he wouldn't be used right yet stayed in TNA where they used him anything but correctly for the last few years of his run with them. It's hard to say WWE would've used him worse than TNA did after 2010-2011ish.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
My only gripe is that he needs to be on TV more, I am not digging all this part time rubbish.

Either commit on don't bother, or get a Jericho/RVD type contract and do a fixed time. But this turn up for 1 time and don't appear for another 4 weeks is horrible booking, and creates horrible storytelling which forces so much padding and filler its unnecessary.

I am saying this as a huge Sting fan too.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
He was right though, they would have used him badly. Now he's a big deal, because he's the one big star to never join the WWE. If he went in 2001, he would have been a midcarder and the legend of the Stinger would have been diluted.

TNA used him well, even at times when they're product was awful. He had superman booking, hardly ever lost clean, was only there 4-6 months each year and his returns were always a big deal.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts