Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week’s episode of Smackdown Live is shaping up to be an exciting show, as it will feature the return of John Cena, along with the Independence Day Battle Royal.
The winner of the Independence Day Battle Royal will earn a shot at the United States Championship, and PWInsider is reporting that as of right now current plans call for AJ Styles to win the match.

AJ Styles is reportedly scheduled to challenge Kevin Owens for the United States Championship at the WWE Battleground pay-per-view on July 29.

AJ previously challenged Kevin Owens for the US Title at Backlash, but he failed to win the title after he was counted out when his foot got caught up in a cable at the announce table.
http://www.gerweck.net/2017/06/30/spoiler-winner-of-the-wwe-independence-day-battle-royal/

Predictable as always but I'm not complaining because AJ is the best.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Cool whatever

Predictable doesn't have to = boring/shit, the E need to realise this more rather than constantly swerving us for the sake of swerving

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Maybe it would be less predictable if you all stopped reading spoilers on the internet. But when there's a swerve I bet you'll complain that person didn't deserve it. Who do you all think should win it?

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
They're keeping the title on Gynder from Calgary to milk them Indian monies, I doubt AJ will get a run with it even if he gets bumped up to the Main Event.

I'm happy to hear this too, I'm looking forward to AJ/Owens, AJ deserves a run with the US title. Moreover, I can see Nakamura/AJ for the US title at Mania, a potential classic if done right.

LETS US CELEBRATE FOR OUR NEW US CHAMPION, AJ STYLES

Reactions: Mra22

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Why not a three way with Cena too? Protects AJ from the loss and KO can retain. Jinder is busy with Randy at that PPV anyway, what does Cena have to do?

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Hmmm I would have had Cena in the battle royal and win it, with Kevin Owens coming out and screwing AJ Styles. Or eliminating both of them leading to a triple threat.

I guess something somewhat different, plus getting to see AJ and Cena in the same ring again I wouldn't complain

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Styles and Owens are in the midcard. Zayn and Nakamura are doing nothing. Meanwhile Jinder and Boreton are in the mainevent... Styles should be wwe champion, Nakamura groomed to be champion and Zayn should be mr mitb

·
Registered
258 Posts
Styles and Owens are in the midcard. Zayn and Nakamura are doing nothing. Meanwhile Jinder and Boreton are in the mainevent... Styles should be wwe champion, Nakamura groomed to be champion and Zayn should be mr mitb
Boreton?
I like AJ.But,at the moment he is boring too.
If AJ styles is as good as you claim to be,why isnt he lighting up the midcard on fire?
Your answer? Obviously bad booking.
But,you purposely forget all the bad booking Orton had to face this year.
You must me one of those people who claim randy Orton hasn't been relevant since 2009 and Chris Jericho is one of the goats and reinvents himself all the time?

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,476 Posts
Ehhh, I'd really rather a different direction. The AJ vs KO feud just isn't clicking.

Styles just feels like a nobody now ever since he's been feuding with KO. Give Styles a bigger feud and have KO feud with a midcarder.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Boreton?
I like AJ.But,at the moment he is boring too.
If AJ styles is as good as you claim to be,why isnt he lighting up the midcard on fire?
Your answer? Obviously bad booking.
But,you purposely forget all the bad booking Orton had to face this year.
You must me one of those people who claim randy Orton hasn't been relevant since 2009 and Chris Jericho is one of the goats and reinvents himself all the time?
Orton has not been relevent since 2009 your right and Jericho made himself the most over act on raw. Orton is just there. The guy has mainevented countless of ppvs and I cant think of one great match he,s had. He,s had good matches with the likes of Christian and Benoit but none I would call great. Styles has only been in wwe for a year and his matches with Reigns and Cena are better then anything Orton has done in the past 15 years. Styles has carried wwe over the past year while Orton has taken spots from more deserving people. The only time Orton is exciting is when he goes from heel to face or vice versa. That only lasts a few weeks though and then he,s right back to being boring. The guy is as stale as big show was a few years back

Reactions: Cryptvill

·
Registered
258 Posts
Orton has not been relevent since 2009 your right and Jericho made himself the most over act on raw. Orton is just there. The guy has mainevented countless of ppvs and I cant think of one great match he,s had. He,s had good matches with the likes of Christian and Benoit but none I would call great. Styles has only been in wwe for a year and his matches with Reigns and Cena are better then anything Orton has done in the past 15 years. Styles has carried wwe over the past year while Orton has taken spots from more deserving people. The only time Orton is exciting is when he goes from heel to face or vice versa. That only lasts a few weeks though and then he,s right back to being boring. The guy is as stale as big show was a few years back
Chris Jericho was great in 2008 going up against hbk. From that to his character work in last year,he was stuck in limbo. That's like 8 years.Only remotely interesting feud he had was against punk.
Now Orton ,2010 most over guy on roster.
2011 feuds with punk,Christian and puts over hop mark henry.
2012 suspended and a down year for Orton.
2013 weak link storyline with Bryan.Taps out in the middle of the ring,making Bryan an instant main eventer.Bryan vs Authority feud.Great matches with Bryan on raws(pay per view matches always ended in clusterfuck),cesaro,sheamus,christian,cena,rob can dam ,goldust,cody etc. One of the greatest mania main events.
Shield vs Evolution
2015 vs Rollins
2016 return from injury main events ss with lesnar.
Wyatt family feud which gave Wyatt and harper much needed relevance.
Making Mahal somewhat of a decent champion.
If Orton was irrelevant then who were those relevant guys?
Can you name a few?
AJ styles had great matches.I enjoy AJs matches too.Good for him and us.I thought roman matches were awesome.But,didnt like any of the cena matches.If you enjoyed it.More power to you.
You should also take into account how many 20+ minute matches AJ,Roman and Cena get.
The last time Orton got an uninterrupted 20min pay per view singles was probably in noc 2014 Jericho and before that probably against Christian in 2011.

For Orton's greatest matches you can go to Reddit .They do this essential match collection for different wrestlers and eras.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe it would be less predictable if you all stopped reading spoilers on the internet. But when there's a swerve I bet you'll complain that person didn't deserve it. Who do you all think should win it?
I think this man should win it so we can have this GOAT entrance weekly. :mark:

Vince needs to be a big baller.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts