Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
They have had some of the strangest history with stages. Ive seen some of the best stages they had in the business and they used them for a few shows and never again. Instead of using that cool nitro rip off stage they had for a couple ppvs they had tacky impact zone built stages.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
She's already been feuding with him for most of the year and lost to him twice. They shouldn't drag this out for too much longer.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
from Wrestlezone:

Impact Wrestling TV Taping Results

Sami Callihan def. Brian Cage in a Steel Cage Match to win the Impact World Championship.

Jordynne Grace def. Taya Valkyrie.

Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. Desi Hit Squad.

Daga def. Jake Crist.

Marafuji def. Josh Alexander.

Ace Austin def. Eddie Edwards in a Street Fight.

Michael Elgin def. Fallah Bah.

Ken Shamrock comes out to to the ring to cut a promo about his future. He’s interrupted by Joey Ryan. A match is made between the two for an upcoming episode.

Taya Valkyrie def. Madison Rayne. Posts-match, Jordynne Grace attacks Valkyrie.

Moose def. Willie Mack.

Daga, Tommy Dreamer, Tessa Blanchard & Rich Swann def. OVE in a Street Fight.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
There's no way they aren't gonna do the match at Slammiversary. Everything is set up for a chase, but it is a chase, meaning it should go for at least 6 months.
Slammiversary? Next year?

It's October now, Slammiversary won't come until June/July next year. So we're talking about 8-9 months building to that match, and by that time Tessa could be gone from the company.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
If anything they should be throwing money at her, and promising her a title run, to try and get her to stay.

Also that KO match makes me hope that Jordynne is the one to finally end Taya's long-ass title reign.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Slammiversary? Next year?

It's October now, Slammiversary won't come until June/July next year. So we're talking about 8-9 months building to that match, and by that time Tessa could be gone from the company.
I believe her contract will expire around the time of next year's Bound For Glory.
I guess Slammi would be a little slow for a modern fan, but Hard to Kill would be way to fast for any fan. Maybe Lockdown, if the bring it back. April works.

What time do the tapings start tonight?
In 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
10/26 tapings so far:

heck out spoilers below:
Fallah Bahh def. Jake Crist.
El Reverso def. a jobber.
OVE def. Tessa Blanchard & Rich Swann. After the match Brian Cage attacks Callihan.
Trey def. Willie Mack, Petey Williams, Aiden Prince, Brent Banks, Raju, and Romero in a six-pack challenge.
Madison Rayne def. Alexa Nicole.
The North def. Eddie Edwards & Marufuji.
Havok def. a jobber.
Jordynne Grace def. Taya Valkyrie & John E. Bravo.
The Rascals def. Reno Scum, Desi Hit Squad & The Deaners in a four-way.
Ken Shamrock def. Joey Ryan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
10/26 tapings so far:

heck out spoilers below:

Fallah Bahh def. Jake Crist.
El Reverso def. a jobber.
OVE def. Tessa Blanchard & Rich Swann. After the match Brian Cage attacks Callihan.
Trey def. Willie Mack, Petey Williams, Aiden Prince, Brent Banks, Raju, and Romero in a six-pack challenge.
Madison Rayne def. Alexa Nicole.
The North def. Eddie Edwards & Marufuji.
I love that Marufuji wasn't a one off appearance and that he worked the tapings. Hopefully the NOAH relationship expands to the point where we can get a couple joint shows and more IMPACT talent appearing in NOAH. And vice versa.

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts
I was hoping to see RVD, Katie Forbes and Chris Bey on these spoilers...

·
#BAYBAY
20,070 Posts
I was hoping to see RVD, Katie Forbes and Chris Bey on these spoilers...
I think RVD is in South Africa by now, ready to face PJ Black for his new promotion out there.

Which if it's the case, they probably would've taped whatever they needed yesterday.

She got her match with Cage on TV as she wanted.

I was watching her interview with Chris Van Vliet the other day, and she said she wanted to face Brian Cage on TV.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Who thinks the stage sets. It looks generic now following lead of boring LED screns sets like wwe and ROH. The one before at least had character and Impact feel to it and some bloody fucking steel.Its just a bunch of screens now and does not shout this new era they wanna be HARD TO KILL

Also think the visual branding is a bit of a mess. They have had so many different patterns of the current logo since starting to market it to the new station. The belts are still blue, They advertise the logo in this new silver and the show has its own pattern

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
I believe her contract will expire around the time of next year's Bound For Glory.
I guess Slammi would be a little slow for a modern fan, but Hard to Kill would be way to fast for any fan. Maybe Lockdown, if the bring it back. April works.

In 15 minutes.
I'm weary of any company keeping something interesting that long when Tessa has already been feuding these guys for like 4 months already. And as far as I know, she's signed through the Summer next year, but I could be wrong.

Maybe Hard to Kill is too soon, but going to June next year, holding off her moment that long? I don't know, that's hard to keep interesting. Not impossible, but hard.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Not sure Tessa or Cage will even be with the company 6 months from now. Impact is going to be the 1st victim of AEW and WWE competing for talent.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
I dont see Tessa winning the belt after they decided not give her X Title.

She either leaves in 2020 and they don't want to have another champion go to WWE\AEW or she stays for longer and they will do it later.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I dont see Tessa winning the belt after they decided not give her X Title.

She either leaves in 2020 and they don't want to have another champion go to WWE\AEW or she stays for longer and they will do it later.
That cant be their modus operandi. Every time TNA starts giving someone a semi-solid push, WWE/AEW glues their eyes on that talent. Not finishing a story because,'they might leave' is a small circle surrounded by a brick wall mentality.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
Impact is in the position now where they are going to be used as a springboard for WWE/AEW. Morrison, LAX, Lashley, McIntyre, and others have done this. And they'll still have their core guys who will stick around like Eddie, Moose, Rosemary, etc. This is just reality for them.

Tessa could likely leave next year. They shouldn't let change this storyline they've been running for months and ruin a payoff. Accept who you are, run with your top acts, and then reload when they leave.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
I would agree to a certain degree. If they already know that a talent is leaving or has verbally give such an idea, I'm not sure I would be slapping my world title on them.

If its totally up in the air still then yeah move forward with what you have but giving someone your main title who you KNOW isn't staying is shortsighted and sends the wrong message.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts