Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
It's pretty amazing when you can just brush off things like this. I mean does this kind of thing shock anyone? Unless they are hurting the police force itself I doubt a cop would ever get much more than a slap on the wrist and some anger management sessions.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
While he was out of order, it wasn't like she was sat in her cell behaving herself.
Does it excuse him? Of course not, but the police are too soft now anyway.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
While he was out of order, it wasn't like she was sat in her cell behaving herself.
Does it excuse him? Of course not, but the police are too soft now anyway.
Tell that to non-violent peaceful protesters and members of the media who were beat on and illegally detained in Toronto. They also broke cameras and microphones and harassed a member of main stream media not knowing he worked for a network.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Tell that to non-violent peaceful protesters and members of the media who were beat on and illegally detained in Toronto. They also broke cameras and microphones and harassed a member of main stream media not knowing he worked for a network.
You can't really use different cops in a different place in a different situation as a rule for all cops. English cops generally work fairly light while many North American cops are rougher. Most cops also are supposed to treat large protest as if they were riots that were about to start.

I am not trying to excuse anyone's actions but I generally take the polices side as they most often (IMO) painted as the "bad guy" for media scandal reasons.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
Yeah the Police (in this country anyway) are treated as jokes because they can do fuck all when it comes to criminals, sure it's nice and easy to go after motorists for an easy time, but when they have to deal with people who are violent they have to go the softly-softly road or end up in the dock themselves.

Maybe if they were rougher with dickheads then people might just start behaving themselves. I doubt it though..

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yeah the Police (in this country anyway) are treated as jokes because they can do fuck all when it comes to criminals, sure it's nice and easy to go after motorists for an easy time, but when they have to deal with people who are violent they have to go the softly-softly road or end up in the dock themselves.

Maybe if they were rougher with dickheads then people might just start behaving themselves. I doubt it though..
The same country where police can:

a) Push a man onto the ground, seemingly causing his death, in an unprovoked attack. Deny that any offence took place, attempt to cover up the cause of death, and then claim that the victim was a troublesome rioter at the G20 protests. It subsequently emerges that the guy wasn't even protesting peacefully, he was simply walking home from work through the area and minding his own business.

b) Follow a man onto the London Underground, accost him on a Tube train and then without proper prior warning, proceed to pump seven rounds into his head.

And in both instances, do so without any punishment. Indeed, in scenario B, the commanding officer can even do so and be promoted shortly afterwards for her good work.

I'm not anti-police by any means. But we must recognise that in the UK accusations of serious wrongdoing by the police usually result in cover-up of the facts, failure to find any officer culpable, or both.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You can't really use different cops in a different place in a different situation as a rule for all cops. English cops generally work fairly light while many North American cops are rougher. Most cops also are supposed to treat large protest as if they were riots that were about to start.

I am not trying to excuse anyone's actions but I generally take the polices side as they most often (IMO) painted as the "bad guy" for media scandal reasons.
Police are often painted as the bad guy, however the G8/G20 protesters that were beaten had not provoked anyone. A group wearing all black caused some vandalism and ran while the police watched, then the police started bully the non violent hippies and reporters and they punched a deaf man and destroyed thousands of dollars worth of property because they were caught using excessive force on camera. My Brother is at college, he will become a cop, and even he admits that about 60% of cops or cops in training are assholes or bullies My friend who is also taking police sciences says there are a lot of douchebag cops. The only time I was ever harassed by police was when I went into an Anarchist cafe to get some hot chocolate and a date square. They actually circled the place several times, because giving the homeless free food and drink and giving street kids a warm safe place to relax is a criminal offence, apparently.

Good police are the minority, and I commend them for wanting to do right.

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
The same country where police can:

a) Push a man onto the ground, seemingly causing his death, in an unprovoked attack. Deny that any offence took place, attempt to cover up the cause of death, and then claim that the victim was a troublesome rioter at the G20 protests. It subsequently emerges that the guy wasn't even protesting peacefully, he was simply walking home from work through the area and minding his own business.

b) Follow a man onto the London Underground, accost him on a Tube train and then without proper prior warning, proceed to pump seven rounds into his head.

And in both instances, do so without any punishment. Indeed, in scenario B, the commanding officer can even do so and be promoted shortly afterwards for her good work.

I'm not anti-police by any means. But we must recognise that in the UK accusations of serious wrongdoing by the police usually result in cover-up of the facts, failure to find any officer culpable, or both.
I totally agree. I do if they fuck up, like anyone else, there should be consequences.

In both cases there was a fuck up, in the push death while I have full sympathy for the man and his family he was clearly trying to wind up the police. Did he deserve to die for it? Of course not, but there was no way the officer involved thought a shove could lead to a mans death, you know sometimes mistakes are made, but I agree that to cover it up, rather than responsibility being taken is really bad and reflects badly on the people involved.

As for the De Menezes case, well that was just a pure FUCK UP, there was no defence at all, you don't shoot a man in the head seven fucking times!!!

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
If the policeman had handled a man like that no one would be complaining, if the woman had just gone quietly then nothing like that would have happened eh?

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm all for police being given more power and leeway in tough situations, but this is just fucking ridiculous. I saw the video on the news and blood was just literally pissing out of her face. If this had been anybody other than an officer, they'd have been punished much more severely (though still not enough these days).

·
Lynskey Lover
774 Posts
I don't see how this is so?

He's walking at a snails pace, acting like he can't hear of feel the bunch of police officers pushing him along, and there is a police dog barking at him, did he just not notice them? I doubt it.

As I said he didn't deserve to die from it though.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
He's walking at a snails pace, acting like he can't hear of feel the bunch of police officers pushing him along, and there is a police dog barking at him, did he just not notice them? I doubt it.

As I said he didn't deserve to die from it though.
This sounds like when the push occurred that caused his death.

By that time he's already run into the police once, having actually been bittenby a police dog that was set on him. He'd also been hit twice on his legs by a policeman with a baton, after which he got up and stumbled off slowly with his hands in his pockets. The guy was probably in pain and scared by that point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts