Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
William Shatner - Seeking Major Tom (2011)

1. Major Tom (Coming Home) (feat. Nick Valensi) (The Strokes)
2. Space Oddity (feat. Ritchie Blackmore & Candice Night)
3. In A Little While (feat. Lyle Lovett)
4. Space Cowboy (feat. Brad Paisley & Steve Miller)
5. Space Truckin (feat. Ian Paice (Deep Purple) &Johnny Winter)
6. Rocket Man (feat. Steve Hillage (Gong / System 7)
7. She Blinded Me With Science (feat. Bootsy Collins &Patrick Moraz) (Yes)
8. Walking On The Moon (feat. Toots Hibbert) (Toots & The Maytals)
9. Spirit In The Sky (feat. Peter Frampton)
10. Bohemian Rhapsody (feat. John Wetton) (King Crimson / Asia)
11. Silver Machine (feat. Wayne Kramer) (MC5) & Carmine Appice) (Vanilla Fudge)
12. Mrs. Major Tom (feat. Sheryl Crow)
13. Empty Glass (feat. Michael Schenker)
14. Lost In The Stars (feat. Ernie Watts) (Zappa/Rolling Stones)
15. Learning To Fly (feat. Edgar Froese) (Tangerine Dream)
16. Mr. Spaceman (feat. Dave Davies) (The Kinks)
17. Twilight Zone (feat. Warren Haynes) (Gov t Mule / Allman Brothers Band)
18. Struggle (original track William Shatner / Adam Hamilton)
19. Iron Man (feat. Zakk Wylde & Mike Inez) (Alice In Chains)
20. Planet Earth (feat. Steve Howe) (Yes / Asia)

On Tuesday, Emmy-winning actor William Shatner -- best known as Star Trek's Captain Kirk -- will release a new concept album called Seeking Major Tom. The idea behind the album is an imagining of what happened to Major Tom -- the astronaut character who first appeared in David Bowie's hit song "A Space Oddity." In a recent interview with ABC News Radio, Shatner said that when he first considered doing the album, he told producer Adam Hamilton that he wanted to "challenge himself" by singing a classic track by Queen. "I don't know whether I'm capable of doing this," said Shatner. "Let's try 'Bohemian Rhapsody,' first. And, if that works, if we can get that to work, then I know I can do the rest of the album."

Shatner added that he had always loved the classic Queen song. "I'd known 'Bohemian Rhapsody' as one of the great pieces of music," explains Shatner. "I don't sing, but I love the musicality of words, the rhythm of putting words together, and how that makes music. There is a musicality to a great lyric, and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' has it. [Frontman] Freddie Mercury sings it gorgeously. It's an aria. I'm acting it. It fits right in to everything I wanted to do."

The two-CD set includes Shatner's mostly spoken-word interpretations of classic-rock tunes like The Police's "Walking on the Moon," Elton John's "Rocket Man," Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" and Black Sabbath's "Iron Man," to name a few. It also features an impressive cast of guest musicians, including Peter Frampton, Steve Miller and members of Yes, The Kinks and Deep Purple, among others. "Twenty of the greatest musicians alive today," notes Shatner. "All either were asked to come and join me, or jumped at the chance to come and join me. God knows why. But the result is...I think, monumental!"

VBR
Classic Rock/Comedy Rock
Code:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2547292174

1 - 2 of 2 Posts