Wrestling Forum banner

William Regal WWE Title?

2667 Views 22 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  dalmatians
does anyone think regal would of possibly become a wwe champ if he did'nt get suspended

he was in his biggest push of his career even won the king of the ring in 08 ?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,362 Posts
I doubt he would have won it, a main event feud certainly, but I dont think he was going to go over Cena at any point.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
i view Regal in much the same light as Christian deserves a world title but will never get one it realy is a shame as Regal has both mic skills and the in ring work to go with it he could have been an awesome world champion a few years ago.

· KILL BECKY KILL
3,641 Posts
I sure hope not. He's one of the most boring wrestlers I have ever seen. I am so glad he screwed up his own push, tough it's sad WWE wasted a KOTR on Regal.
Lol please. Noone had used the KOTR as well in years. He was killing it on the mic and having awesome matches with everyone. Dude was seriously over too.

Hell, he still gets booed today despite not having won a match in about a year.

· Registered
992 Posts
Regal should have been champion on wrestling ability alone!! It's no coincidence that he has trained so many wrestlers who go on to good things in other companies. And his star-child is Daniel Bryan, who ain't doing too bad. Regal's mic skills and being the MASTER of the 'evil brit' (better than Wade Barrett ever will be) would have made him a brilliant heel champion.

· HEADBANGA
27,535 Posts
2008 was his last hurrah. I kinda hoped he won the ECW title when feuded with Christian. I remember one match they had and Regal hit him the the Regalplex and I swore he would've won it that night. How can anyone kick out of that move is beyond me.

· Banned
10,561 Posts
After he won KOTR, he had a very good chance of winning it. He's always been a great heel and he would have been massively over during his main event run. However, the drug suspension ruined his push and now he'll never get that chance again. He's going to hang around on Superstars and get thrown in stupid Raw segments.

· Registered
704 Posts
Too late IMO. He has all the tools to be a great heel champion, but he hasn't been able to break through that glass ceiling. He seemed to be on his way to the main event after his KotR win, but after that Wellness Policy he unfortunately dropped off the man. I wish he had won the ECW title AT LEAST, but I guess WWE didn't think he was good enough for it. Hopefully Regal gets one last feud before he retires though because he deserves it.

· The Definition of Excellence
1,620 Posts
Honestly I don't think Regal would of maid it to the main event in 08 with his KOTR. At the time it felt like they were just building him up to feed to Anderson/Kennedy who they were in the process of building up AGAIN (in one of the many times they would do something with him only for him to find a way to fuck it all up - I am a Kennedy fan by the way.)

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
No. Dude has been on TV for probably over 20 years and if he hasn't made it to the top by now, then I'd say the character has gone as far as it is ever going to go. Maybe at one time he could have been prepared for it, but now he's a vet that should be helping to establish younger talent rather than getting pushed to the moon himself.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I know a lot of people belive that Regal could have won the belt if he hadn't gotten suspended, however I don't think he would have actually won it. I think he would have been elevated to the main event, and challenge for it but never actually win it.

That was the one thing that always worked against Regal was that he just didn't have the look of a WWE Champion. He had everything else...but not the look.

· HEADBANGA
27,535 Posts
No. Dude has been on TV for probably over 20 years and if he hasn't made it to the top by now, then I'd say the character has gone as far as it is ever going to go. Maybe at one time he could have been prepared for it, but now he's a vet that should be helping to establish younger talent rather than getting pushed to the moon himself.
So has guys like JBL, Eddie, and Benoit been in the business for 10+ years before becoming world champs...

· Registered
267 Posts
It would be awesome to think that WWE would have given William Regal a chance to become WWE or World Heavyweight Champion, because he's one of the best wrestlers in the world hands down...but its highly doubtful that they would have put either belt on him...they're too busy with building they're young guys...rather than having a good, credible champion that knows they're craft amazingly well...at the same time you can also say that William Regal is over enough to where he doesn't need a championship to get over...after all title belts are just props relistically...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.