Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
William Regal has been lobbying for a World Championship match in his home country of England, noting that it may be his last chance at one. He posted the following on his Twitter account:

Trying to think if Teddy Long owes me a favour. I need to get a World Championship match on Smackdown on Liverpool. Maybe the last chance I have of becoming the first English World Champion in front of WWE's loyalest fans. Some people are saying I'm passed it. Maybe so but @WWE,look at it as charity.Give an old rogue a chance.

Regal then re-tweeted several fans who shared Regal's sentiment, then posted the following:

I normally never retweet about wrestling, WWE or me(I don't need to because I'm so over anyway) so sorry to everyone who it's driving mental. I just want @WWE to take notice. Give back to your loyalest fans (and purely selfish reasons as I want to be the first British World champ).

Smackdown will hold a taping in Liverpool on November 8th
What do you think? Regal deserves to hold onto a main title for everything he has done.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes please I mean he kissed Mr McMahon's ass didn't he so give him a short reign please

·
Registered
826 Posts
The guy is a pure genius, one of the most underrated wrestlers the WWE has ever had. He has given everything for the WWE, and now it's time for them to give something back in return after all of his hard work. Yeah sure, he may not be the same he was about 5 years ago, but who cares! The guy only wants to win it once, and he bloody hell deserves it!

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
I say put the title on him,Why not

·
Registered
826 Posts
Give him a title match, sure.

Have him win? I love Regal, but no.
Why not? It's not like he would have a long reign anyways, why not let him win it.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Why not?

I'd have nothing against a 15 minute SD main event match between Orton and Regal for the WHC. It's just one match in his home country.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wouldn't give him the title because what would it accomplish?

WWE does a lot of stupid things, there is no reason to add more nonsensical stuff to it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Give him a title match, sure.

Have him win? I love Regal, but no.
Agreed completely here. Give him a good competitive match (we know he can do so and make himself and Orton look like gold), but him winning would be completely random and make little sense. I don't think he needs it at all now and even if he deserved it, that ship has sailed. It just isn't feasible really.

·
King James
24,684 Posts
Give Regal a JBL like run on Smackdown dammit!

Man do I wish Regal didn't mess up with the Wellness Policy in '08 because he probably would have had an epic WWE Title run as General Manager and KING on Raw.

·
Banned
281 Posts
Actually Vince doesnt even give a fuck about Regal.

The only reason he is still employed by WWE is coz triple h likes him.

Regal took HHH under his wing during his WCW days and even helped HHH make the right decision to move to WWF.

Triple h was also responsible for Regal's Push in 2008 which he fucked up with the welness policy.

This is accroding to Dave Meltzer btw not my opinion.

As for the topic ... i dont care if he gets a shot at the title but i highly doubt vince cares about his tweets lol

Plus Barret can be the first ever english champion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
No thanks. It's stupid to give the title to a jobber, who hasn't even appeared on Smackdown yet.
That is a ridiculous insult to one of the greatest wrestlers/entertainers in WWE history, and you should apologize.

William Regal deserves a World Title reign more than anyone else in this business. Even if he has it for a month, or just while they're on tour in Europe - he deserves a reign. The guy is a legend.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'd be all for Regal to have a WHC match. Hell, I'd be all for having him on TV again. I just wouldn't have him win it at this point of his career.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
If Mark Henry is World Heavyweight Champion at the time, they should let Regal challenge as a babyface (which he would be for the crowd anyway) and almost beat Henry but ultimately lose (and get crushed for his troubles). Afterward, Henry sets Regal up for the Big Show/Kane exit from TV, but then...

Sheamus shows up and Brogue Kicks Henry's head off. Sheamus helps Regal to his feet. Irish-English relations take yet another step in the right direction. Not a dry eye in the house.

I mean, it'd be kind o' cool. :)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts