Wrestling Forum banner

Would you support Regal going for "one last run", winning the WHC and then retiring?

• Yes

Votes: 90 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Yep, always was. He has such a brilliant, realistic in-ring style and is a natural on the microphone. I'd say Roddy Piper, Mr.Perfect & Scott Hall were all slightly better as overall packages but certainly i'd say he's the best to have never got anywhere near a world title

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would say an IC run would be better that was always for the better performers who were never WC, and yes hes is HOF material!!!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
He would of been a champion years ago if he didnt fail a drug test when he was getting the push of his life rofl

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I don't see Regal getting a WHC run at this point, and he seems to have made peace with that (since it was largely self-inflicted anyway). I would like to see him get onto television more, either as a full time Raw/Smackdown announcer, or as the "wise older guy" in some heel faction, preferably of British guys.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
He looks like soggy shit these days. Unless he's going to undergo a full change to his look and cover a lot of his shit up there is no way WWE will do anything serious with him other than treat him like a Ric Flair side show.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I would love to have him feud with Cody Rhodes over the IC title. Even if it's just a Jerry Lawler-The Miz type of deal where Regal comes out looking great, but Rhodes comes out with the wins and the heat.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
Love the "Regal" chants. Mad Respect to a NATURAL HEEL.

I don't think he ever was a FACE once in his wrestling career, TBH.

One of the Best Fueds I've seen was him and Fit "The Belfast Bruiser" Finlay back in the day.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes, and I would mark like a little girl. He's always been my favorite. I was in literal tears of happiness when he won King of the Ring. Who's the last person to get as much heat as him around the time when he shut down the show in the middle of RAW's main event? Regal oozes awesomeness from top to bottom - he always has. Great in-ring work, versatile move set, charisma, very natural mic skills.

He kind of screwed up the one shot he had when he did not pass the drug test - and that was really unfortunate. I still keep praying that he'll get one last push at some point, and I would support it thoroughly. The absolute truth is that the guy is one of the most all-around talented people to ever step foot in a ring and he's given his all to this industry and to the WWE for decades. Above and beyond anyone else, William Regal deserves a world title reign. Period.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
He should Mick Foley it, and challenge a heel champ to one shot at the title, but he shouldn't win, just put the guy over like a million bucks. If Bryan beats Orton at WrestleMania and turns heel, Regal should be the first guy he feuds with.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
The World Title is definitely stretching it nowadays. He just doesn't look like a champ anymore, plus he's getting up there in age big time. Another US or IC Title reign would be great though, and give him plenty of mic time.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Love the "Regal" chants. Mad Respect to a NATURAL HEEL.

I don't think he ever was a FACE once in his wrestling career, TBH.

One of the Best Fueds I've seen was him and Fit "The Belfast Bruiser" Finlay back in the day.
A face run I could remember from him is when they paired him with Eugene and he was basically his daddy. He actually played that role pretty well displaying his versitality. Natural heel though and will always be remembered as a heel.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Although Regal has always been a good in ring worker, I wouldn't mind if he took a step away from the ring and took on another role. If they announced that he has been the labtop General Manager the whole time I would totally pop a boner. That's a role that he can play just as good if not better than anybody else as shown in his small run a few years back as Raw GM. Put him back in that role since he's basically being used on SuperStars and an extra on Smackdown. He can say he's been observing the whole time from in ring perspective and is ready to push it to another level and take things into his own hands.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts