Wrestling Forum banner

What should William Regal do?

• He is done for and should retire altogether.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is still good to go in the ring.

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • He should retreat to non-competing position.

Votes: 28 32.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month ago there was some commotion about William Regal being
about to retire. This was of course a misread from his
promo to his homecrowd on a WWE England tour where he basically
told them that he doesn´t know if he will be back back.

He just took his time to clarify this on his Twitter
on @RealKingRegal
Never said I was retiring.I said it might be time
to start winding down but that could take a while.
Facts beat gossip every time. @tinauk
That being said I just read his awesome book "Walking
a Golden Mile" which really is recommended to anyone
interested in a now gone time in wrestling without
developmental systems but I digress.

Anyway- what is your take on William Regal? Would you
like to see him in an active role in the ring like
on this weeks Superstars? Or would you prefer a behind
the scenes role like color commentator/RAW GM/whatever?
Or should he retire altogether because he isn´t up to
it anymore in your view?

Personally I enjoy his ringwork just too much to let
him hang up his head and I am sure he won´t overdo it
because he takes too much pride in his body of work to
tarnish it with lackluster performances.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Keep doing what his doing like a goldust,undertaker still has matches but is not on the show everyweek his getting older now so he does need to wind it down a bit like he said himself having said that when their not on the show everyweek its more exciting when you do see them i think

i would like to see him as a speeker on the show i think his pretty damn funny with his englishman ways the season finale of nxt season one was gold

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I'll be happy as long as he's still on TV, whether it be in the ring, GM, commentator, whatever. He exceeds at anything he does and I really hope he continues to do so. He's a great addition to the roster, especially when it comes to putting young guys over without losing any credibility whatsoever. I love him in the ring, I loved him as GM, and I'll continue to love him at whatever he does.

As long as William Regal is on my TV, I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
the guy can still go better than half the roster...look his age might be high up, but age becomes irrelavant when he performs the way he's still able to and if he's healthy enough, now i'm not saying a over 60 year old wrestler(i'm looking at you flair) or whatever should compete in the ring, and i do believe in hanging up the boots as to avoid health problems later in life but the fact is this: Taker can still go better than alot of the talenbt in the ring, but he might have to consider retiring soon if for no other reason than his health(would be great to keep him as an onscreen personality though), but then u look at a guy like regal, he doesn't suffer from the health problems that eg taker does, so i would say let regal compete another few years if he still has that left(maybe 2 years or so), but if he should feel the wear on his body, then i would suggest retiring before it's too late.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
He's someone like Goldust where the young stars will appreciate wrestling him, he's one of those guys that can make you look good without trying. Once his fitness goes then I think he's got an on-screen position easily. Commisioner Regal was gold TV.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Six-week feud with Danielson over the United States Championship. Anything else is gravy.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Six-week feud with Danielson over the United States Championship. Anything else is gravy.
This. Give the man some TV time - productive TV time, not bullshit segments with Goldust and Kozlov - before he rides off for good.

He's one of my all-time favorites, but it's really time for Regal to move on. He's better utilized in other capacities at this point. We know he's a great GM; he'd be a fantastic commentator as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I voted He should retreat to non-competing position. I don't think he should wrestle to much more to make sure his health is ok, but I wouldn't mind him being in a managerial type role.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
He should win the Royal Rumble.

HAHA, nah, the man's got enough World Championships. Anyways, if he retires from in-ring wrestling, I can see that happening. As he ages he wants to keep his body well. He should definitely be put on TV, like someone above stated- as SmackDown! GM Spot would be marvelous. If not, then he could be a mentor at a developmental facility.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts