Wrestling Forum banner

Will You Stop Watching WWE If...

4K views 56 replies 49 participants last post by  endofdays89 
#1 ·
....all the veterans you grew up watching are retiring? (e.g. Triple H, Taker, Kane, Big Show, Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian, etc). These wrestlers don't have much left in them, i can bet that in 5 years most of them will be gone from WWE. It definitely will be hard for me, especially if they are the ones i've followed for a very long time, but i think i will still keep watching just because i've watched wrestling for a long time so it will be difficult to stop no matter what.

#2 ·
I'll still watch for people like cm punk, randy orton, and the miz, so my answer is no i still not stop watching wwe once those veterans retire.

#4 ·
There is a chance I'll stop watching completely with everybody going through changes in their lives and all those veterans I enjoyed quiting but there'll always be a time where I'll catch some indy wrestling in the future or see what's going on in WWE. I'm kinda small but I think it'd be cool to become a wrestler on the indys.

#6 ·
Yeah, some new guys are great and have potential to become big stars in future. I just want to know if the loss of all these "childhood heroes" will affect your interest of watching.

#8 ·
Even then, say i watched back in the hogan era (I have watched everything from then afterwards, but not during the actual time period) I would still be watching today, even after the retirement of all the stars from back then

its the cycle of wrestling, new people come and replace the veterans.. those new guys will turn into veterans and the cycle will continue

#10 ·
Keep the storylines good and well paced and don't get emo over the old guard leaving. Fuck no, I ain't quitting wwf if the old guys leave. It's getting their time. Star power means shit all to me. I like to watch good ring chem and psych, cohesive and intersting story that doesn't insult me too much, etc and so forth.

This is more than the common man's opera, after all.

#15 ·
I grew up watching Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Diesel Hacksaw Jim Duggan all of whom are gone yet i still watch.

#16 ·
meh, no tellin..... i never really thought my raw time would be widdled down to 20 minutes a week but thats the current status

#17 ·
WWE will need to find an entirely new identity once people like Taker,Jericho,Edge,Christian are gone because all of them have been apart of defining moments in WWE history.

Though by time all of those vets are gone, we'll be calling people like Cena,Orton the vets of the WWE and many guys who still have lots to learn will be much better in a few years once others leave.

There's lots of talent outside of WWE too so it doesn't seem like they'll end up running out of talent either. Right now is the most depth WWE has ever had in their roster in its history.

#18 ·
No, there's guys coming through now that I like enough to keep watching. To be honest the only Attitude Era stars that I still mark for are Jericho and Christian. There's plenty of younger superstars that keep me interested, CM Punk, ADR, Barrett, Gabriel, Miz, Sheamus, hell even Swagger is growing on me of late.

#19 ·
No i would not stop watching WWE. I would miss guys like Goldust, Jericho and Taker etc. But we will always have great talent like Kaval, Bryan and Del Rio

#22 ·
I'm also looking foward to seeing Cody Rhodes in the future, imo I think he's better than Ted and if used right can have a better career tha him, but he's an example, WWE have the biggest young talent pool they have ever had, and there's SO many people that could become big stars if used right. Which is something you couldn't say in 2006/7.

#24 ·
I'll be very sad to see the veterns go. For me watching wrestling won't be the same, when Undertaker, Kane, Triple H and Chris Jericho have all retired. But I don't think I will stop. As someone already posted for every vetern that goes, a new superstar is waiting to take his place, so i'll keep watching to see what new wrestlers we'll be watching in years to come. But also to watch guys like Sheamus, Drew McIntyre and Daniel Bryan as they'll still be here.

#26 · (Edited)
I've practically stop watching anyway (except for the free ppvs and Mania) as I catch bits online as and when I'm interested. I just continue to follow it because I'm a sad git who has a never-ending sense of loyality.

There's a distinct lack of strong characters and creative storylines these days which is made me stop caring and turn back to the old stuff rather than sole superstars alone. On top of all that the product has become too flashy and tries too hard to appeal to kids. I think the WWE/F has lost a lot of it's identity in some ways.

All this child friendly stuff is an excuse to dumb the product down but still make money off the back of parents and their children. You don't have to try very hard creatively when you're appealing to children because they don't know any different to begin with.

At the end of the day it's good business from Vince's point. He might be making less money from gate receipts, but he's certainly making more with pg friendly sponsors. It's just not good for the hardcore fans such as us who want a bit of imagination and creativity put into it.

#28 ·
Hell no , I hate watching the old guys mostly. I'm really into the current people like Nexus , Cena , Orton , Sheamus , Miz , Morrison , Danielson , etc

But if the reverse happened and they fired all the newer guys and all that was left was old guys like Taker Kane Christian etc I'd likely want to stop watching in that scenario though.

#29 ·
I love Del Rio, Barrett and Bryan and I like Sheamus, Riley,Gabriel and Kaval so I will not stop watching. Looking back 2010 will go down as great year for new talent. Really the best since 2002 when Cena,Lesnar, Orton, Batista, and Rey(though not a rookie) debuted in WWE.

#30 ·
It will be ok you can watch them anytime. They will all be in TNA in the senior citizens division.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.