Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cena will be back on Raw in two weeks, whether he wins the WHC or not, do you think WWE will be able to keep him off the main storyline?

Frankly, I don't see it, the first thing he'll do is probably save Bryan from a 4 on 1 assault, next week he cuts a promo on the corporation, & before you know it Vince has a boner & lets him replace Bryan in the storyline, Bryan would probably be given HHH's shovel as a consolation prize.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think they're attempting to right now, otherwise why just thrust him into the WHC picture for no reason? Even though I don't believe it will happen, part of me hopes this is the beginning of them possibly unifying the belts finally.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they're attempting to right now, otherwise why just thrust him into the WHC picture for no reason? Even though I don't believe it will happen, part of me hopes this is the beginning of them possibly unifying the belts finally.
I think they're using the WHC just to give his return a big feel to it. There's no way Cena stays in the locker room while Orton & The Shield beat up DB.

& they won't be unifying the titles anytime soon, they just spent a fortune on the new title.

·
Acknowledged by Lex Luger
443 Posts
I really think they are gonna use Bryan to give cool points to Cena. For the longest time Cena has been the face who gets cheered by half the crowd and booed by the other. Their going to stick him with Bryan who is over with the majority of fans hopefully making Cena the good guy who everyone loves again.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really think they are gonna use Bryan to give cool points to Cena. For the longest time Cena has been the face who gets cheered by half the crowd and booed by the other. Their going to stick him with Bryan who is over with the majority of fans hopefully making Cena the good guy who everyone loves again.
I used to think that will happen too, but there have been times where Orton was cheered by a section of the crowd while attacking Bryan. There are always "rogue smarks" around.

Cena will probably get a big pop the first time he saves Bryan, but I don't think it will do anything longterm.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
They will try to make sure Cena isn't involved with this Authority storyline.WWE isn't dumb as most people think and they know this angle has the potential to be very big.So I expect Cena not to get involved for the time being.

·
Acknowledged by Lex Luger
443 Posts
I used to think that will happen too, but there have been times where Orton was cheered by a section of the crowd while attacking Bryan. There are always "rogue smarks" around.

Cena will probably get a big pop the first time he saves Bryan, but I don't think it will do anything longterm.
Ya true but at this point i feel like they are willing to try anything to make Cena bigger without turning him heel.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They will try to make sure Cena isn't involved with this Authority storyline.WWE isn't dumb as most people think and they know this angle has the potential to be very big.So I expect Cena not to get involved for the time being.
After what they've done with Nexus and twice in a lifetime, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Ya true but at this point i feel like they are willing to try anything to make Cena bigger without turning him heel.
That's true, I wouldn't rule out them using the Yes chants to get Cena more over.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Yo Mr.Prez, can you prove you're eligible to be in the Oval Office?

:eek:bama4

Obama = Vince

In relation to this thread.

DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH RIGHT NOW?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Cena will be back on Raw in two weeks, whether he wins the WHC or not, do you think WWE will be able to keep him off the main storyline?

Frankly, I don't see it, the first thing he'll do is probably save Bryan from a 4 on 1 assault, next week he cuts a promo on the corporation, & before you know it Vince has a boner & lets him replace Bryan in the storyline, Bryan would probably be given HHH's shovel as a consolation prize.
My hope is that he'll lose a couple matches leading into a feud with Undertaker at WM XXX. Super Cena gets nothing out of beating the Dead Man, as is. If the Undertaker does end his streak, and does it losing to Cena, what is the point? If Cena loses a couple beforehand, then "Overcomes the Odds" against Taker, he regains whatever status he lost leading up to it, still has a new accolade, and can go on from there.

After losing to Bryan, coming back quickly - some would say "too quickly" *wink* *wink* - losing to ADR, and maybe one other time (or maybe even a segment) coming out on the wrong end with someone could make for an interesting dichotomy, and freshen up Cena's character a bit. It makes his fans question whether Super Man is just Clark now, and then having a feud with Undertaker would make more sense, and add more anticipation. It's just capitalizing off of what has transpired over the last few months. We, the fans, know he's legit hurt, know he's 36 and will be 37 a couple weeks after WM, and has room and an angle to start giving a little shine to other guys.

I'll be completely honest in saying I've never been a fan of the guy. It's just not what I want to see in the Main Event. I've come to respect his dedication and work ethic, and am totally fine with him beating Undertaker. I do like Bryan, but it doesn't have anything to do with that either. And I'm not calling for him to lose to Ziggler, Ambrose, and 15 other guys. I genuinely think this is a way to use his current circumstance to recapture and reinvest fans into his "overcome the odds" character.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo Mr.Prez, can you prove you're eligible to be in the Oval Office?

:eek:bama4

Obama = Vince

In relation to this thread.

DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH RIGHT NOW?
Are you drunk? :lmao

My hope is that he'll lose a couple matches leading into a feud with Undertaker at WM XXX. Super Cena gets nothing out of beating the Dead Man, as is. If the Undertaker does end his streak, and does it losing to Cena, what is the point? If Cena loses a couple beforehand, then "Overcomes the Odds" against Taker, he regains whatever status he lost leading up to it, still has a new accolade, and can go on from there.

After losing to Bryan, coming back quickly - some would say "too quickly" *wink* *wink* - losing to ADR, and maybe one other time (or maybe even a segment) coming out on the wrong end with someone could make for an interesting dichotomy, and freshen up Cena's character a bit. It makes his fans question whether Super Man is just Clark now, and then having a feud with Undertaker would make more sense, and add more anticipation. It's just capitalizing off of what has transpired over the last few months. We, the fans, know he's legit hurt, know he's 36 and will be 37 a couple weeks after WM, and has room and an angle to start giving a little shine to other guys.

I'll be completely honest in saying I've never been a fan of the guy. It's just not what I want to see in the Main Event. I've come to respect his dedication and work ethic, and am totally fine with him beating Undertaker. I do like Bryan, but it doesn't have anything to do with that either. And I'm not calling for him to lose to Ziggler, Ambrose, and 15 other guys. I genuinely think this is a way to use his current circumstance to recapture and reinvest fans into his "overcome the odds" character.
If Cena ends the streak, I think a legit riot could happen, & he'll be booed out of everything for the rest of his life, while Vince has been trying hard for years to get him over, ending the streak would be a death sentence.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Cena's days are numbered, the fans in attendance don't give a shit about him. Even the kids with Cena shirts are cheering for Bryan.....they're moving on slowly.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If Cena ends the streak, I think a legit riot could happen, & he'll be booed out of everything for the rest of his life, while Vince has been trying hard for years to get him over, ending the streak would be a death sentence.
Then he definitely will be doing that :cena3:avit:

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I think they're using the WHC just to give his return a big feel to it. There's no way Cena stays in the locker room while Orton & The Shield beat up DB.

& they won't be unifying the titles anytime soon, they just spent a fortune on the new title.
Unifying the belts doesn't mean they'll get rid of the new belt. Whoever unifies the belts will just be WWE Champion. They will be unified down the line. There's no way that Cena wins the WHC and they go back to giving it to midcarders.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Are you drunk? :lmao

I don't drink. :davos

Bro.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
If Cena ends the streak, I think a legit riot could happen, & he'll be booed out of everything for the rest of his life
I hope a riot happens.WWE should plant some people in the crowd to throw thrash in the ring.It would be great for viewing.Even though I don't agree with the term "rest of his life".

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope a riot happens.WWE should plant some people in the crowd to throw thrash in the ring.It would be great for viewing.Even though I don't agree with the term "rest of his life".
He already gets X-Pac heat from half the crowd & he hasn't challenged for the streak yet, you don't let a guy a lot of people legitimately hate (as opposed to kayfabe hate) a win over the streak, Vince isn't stupid enough to do it.

·
Banned
859 Posts
I can give them a chance untill the RTWM stars.

·
Banned
859 Posts
@markedfordeath
waits till oct27

·
Banned
859 Posts
@markedfordeath
waits till oct27 :cena

1 - 20 of 116 Posts