·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think so. If WWE goes TV14, then they could potentially lose any fans that they gained from the PG movement. And that's a big no-no for Vince. Plus, re-election anyone?

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
They'll probably enforce it extra hard if she loses to prepare for the next senate seat... ~_~

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
No because WWE IS PG, that's the vision Vince always had for his programming and that only changed because he had no choice but to move with the times.

Now, on to the real question. Will we see WWE become less juvenile. I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Wrestling is always cyclical...think back to mid 1994 through 1996, "The New WWF Generation" era, which is fairly comparable to today's "PG era"; what followed The New Generation era? The vaunted Attitude Era that no one can ever shut up about. And why did it happen? Possibly because the kids who watched the WWF during The New Generation era had begun to grow up, develop more mature tastes, so the WWF changed with them. The same thing will happen when today's audience grows up, just give it a couple of years.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
No, it won't so get over it.

I am honestly BAFFLED that so many people care about the WWE being PG.

Pro Wrestling has always been Family Entertainment and catered to children from the very beginning.

Is being able to hear the wrestlers swear and bleed that fucking important that a topic about the WWE being PG has to appear everywhere throughout the Internet Wrestling Community every 3 seconds???

For the billionth time, the WWE being PG isn't the problem. It's not even in the top 10 of things wrong with the WWE.

·
Registered
782 Posts
no. Have you looked out at the audiance lately...SO MANY KIDS man.

The 18-35 male demographic has moved onto MMA...I know a lot of kids who don't Like MMA or their parents won't let them watch it. Having a PG wrestling show like in the 1980's early 1990's is a good thing business wise because the kids can watch it.

PG is here to stay for a long long time, things have changed much like they did when WWF went Attitude...its changed and its going to be a long time before it changes again.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Why would they? It has been a successful business model for them, especially now that older people are more interested in MMA over wrestling in general.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,964 Posts
No. WWE made the switch before Linda decided to run for senate, they have more sponsors due to the fact that they are PG, taking that away would be a huge dent in WWE's financial source.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i could see PG from 9-10...then tv 14 from 10-11. younger kids that watch wrestling shouldn't be up that late anyway...school in the morning. (yes, i know it's summer, but the election is in what...november? schools been long back by then.)

·
Wrestling is better while drinking
1,893 Posts
No, it won't so get over it.

I am honestly BAFFLED that so many people care about the WWE being PG.

Pro Wrestling has always been Family Entertainment and catered to children from the very beginning.

Is being able to hear the wrestlers swear and bleed that fucking important that a topic about the WWE being PG has to appear everywhere throughout the Internet Wrestling Community every 3 seconds???

For the billionth time, the WWE being PG isn't the problem. It's not even in the top 10 of things wrong with the WWE.
^ This pretty much nails it

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
WWE will never change back from PG, the people who say that in the attitude era they moved with the times are wrong, what they did was change their product to win the monday night war and now that there is no war then there is no need for attitude, WWE does not need to change when the kids that watch now become older because other kids who are little toddlers now will take their place in a few years.

1997-2001 could have went on as PG if it wasn't for WCW, there would have been just as much kids then too but WWF was forced to change in order to compete with WCW who had overtaken them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.