Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy is a quality wrestler , oozes charisma has busted his ass for this business for ten plus years , is drug free and can be over with the fans . But for some reason the wwe just don't see him as a true main event playa even though he done some fantastic work over in the ECW , TNA and in his previous problem solver run . Maybe he needs a new gimmick but what is it ? or will he never be a big time playa (teddy long)in the wwe ?

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
as much as id hate to say, i doubt it.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
I would LOVE to see Christian have a successful face run maybe in the WWE title scene sometime in 2012, but I really don't see it happening, which is a shame.

WWE would also benefit from Christian giving a young star a nice rub (not like that!)by teaming up with someone in the tag team division.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
tbh if they keep him in upper mid-card like over last couple years they will be using him right. That title reign was more on the shoulders of Edge retiring than it was actually meant to have Christian become the top dog.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
His two world title reigns if you can call it that came about because of other circumstances(Edge retiring and backlash from the 1st orton match)Great talent and deserves a proper run but maybe the factor of him going TNA and becoming a big player for them has resulted in his mistreatment.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'd say upper-card enhancement talent IS the right roll for Christian.

If it's good enough for Regal, Benoit, Jericho and the like (and similarly Rude, Roberts, DiBiase, Hall etc. before them), then it's fine for Christian too.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I think with Christian, it's more the fact that they never follow through on a push. They'll get him to a certain level and then do something to completely ruin his momentum. There's absolutely no reason why Christian should not be a main eventer on Smackdown with its very thin roster. He has all of the tools to get him there. It's just bad booking/creative that completely messes everything up and it's happened again and again. There isn't another member on roster that faces the booking challenges Christian faces. The fact that Christian has any placement on the card is a testiment to his talent, since people have done much worse with much larger breaks than what they've given Christian.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Christian is one of the most talented guys to ever step between the ropes and it's a crime against the sport of wrestling that he was never given a solid run as a main-event face/heel in the WWE aside from WWECW. That being said he's in great shape and has a solid amount of years left in him so I hope he climbs that mountain sooner rather then later. #OneMoreMatch

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd say upper-card enhancement talent IS the right roll for Christian.

If it's good enough for Regal, Benoit, Jericho and the like (and similarly Rude, Roberts, DiBiase, Hall etc. before them), then it's fine for Christian too.
Minus regal jericho and benoit were both given there well deserved world title pushes before they were pushed into that position !

bloody hell mate Jericho was given the rock and austin to beat to make him the first ever undisputed champions ! It's not our fault he sucked while champ

Benoit was given that huge anniversary special win over hhh and michaels , monster kane and lost it in a forgotten classic to orton !

Both were given the world and sadly both dropped the ball by not being good enough ! Shame about Jericho but he just isn't at that level

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
At this point? No, and why would they? He's close to 40 I'm sure, they're going to use him to put over young talent. Christian won't be around forever, hell, he won't be around for another 5 years if I had to guess, so why not have him make other guys look good? We all know he can, he can get great matches out of people and make them look good on the mic, so have him do that.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
its never too late to use someone right, doesn't matter the age, just look at someone like kane, the guys 45 and just recently they started using him right again with this whole new embrace the hate gimmick and the mask. and i wouldn't completely agree they aren't using him right, he did win two world titles afterall, o sure he could be used better but that will take time, they just need start building him up like with him winning those two world titles , it will come soon enough, iam sure of it

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
christian is realy need & should go back to tna !!

i"d love to see him with bobby roode in a world champion feud :)

please leave this company !!
he doesn't need to leave WWE, he can gain the same exposure as in TNA if he just moves to nXt and/or Superstars

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Depends on what you think "using Christian right" means. My guess is you think he should get a long run with a world title as a top face. In that case I do not see that happening. Guy is going to be used as an upper card talent enhancement guy (a role he is great at BTW) I would love to see Christian get a top face run TBH he has earned one IMO and I am a BIG Christian fan, I just don't see it though.

(I am not targeting this at anyone specifically) I just hope some of the people on here clamoring for a major Christian push are not the same posters who constatly say Punk and BRyan are not beleivable as world champions b/c of their lack of size.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts