Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last several years, WWE's shows have been dropping slowly in the ratings. 3.5 is now a high week for them. They seem to keep trying to bing people back, hold special events, 3 hour Raws, etc as a way to boost ratings but they never work. Last year they brought The Rock back and while there were a few ratings spikes, the average is the same. This year they have brought back Brock Lesnar in what, to me, is an obvious attempt to bring some viewers from UFC over. But the ratings had still styrd in the 3.1-3.3 area.

Do you think that WWE will ever accept that their shows just don't pull in good ratings? Mania just broke records and whatnot so it's obvious that people still like watching wrestling. If they focus on te product and let te quality naturally bring ratings up, everyone will be happy (fans and sponsors). Instead they are taking things and trying to package them certain ways and push stiff that doesn't need to be pushed (Twitter and now trying to create "YESing").

Again, do you think the ratings mentality will ever leave the creative side of things in the WWE?

·
Angelina
6,236 Posts
The question should be, when will the IWC stop worrying about ratings? There is a sticky thread just regarding RAW ratings, people worry too much about them.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^i agree which I guess makes this thread ironic but the I think the IWC seems to be obsessed with just as much as the board, and it may be because the board is obsessed with them.

·
Angelina
6,236 Posts
Vince is making more money now than he did when the ratings were at their highest. I don't think he is too bothered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.