Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Reigns well never get a clean singles fall. So the only way Reigns goes away if he gets injured. I would never wish injury on anyone. But In Reigns case its tempting.

·
Registered
221 Posts
After recently giving Triple H a run, they might not want to give Lesnar a title shot as well. A feud with them is also often likely to derail a wrestler from the main progression, hence why it's more recently been kept to people like the Undertaker, etc. In general, they might want to get Reigns into newer feuds rather than just repeating the same people, who by this point aren't even that different.

e.
v.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The most overrated main event in WM history again no thanks. That match was a disgrace as it glorified squash instead of a full length match like it should be.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
but lets face it Reigns well probably squash Lesnar.
Has 20-25 min match with AJ where they made it out that he would have been pinned without usos pulling AJ off... go on to comment that Reigns will squash Lesnar, where is your logic?

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Absolutely, and Reigns will win, clean, in what will be a 3 star match at best.

·
The EST of NXT
28,786 Posts
They have to. Their first one was fantastic. I think it should be saved for next year's Mania if they're not saving Cena for Roman until then.

Absolutely, and Reigns will win, clean, in what will be a 3 star match at best.
Even though it was easily MOTN at Wrestlemania when all of the critics assumed it would be Brock vs. Goldberg level? Come on now.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
They have to. Their first one was fantastic. I think it should be saved for next year's Mania if they're not saving Cena for Roman until then.

Even though it was easily MOTN at Wrestlemania when all of the critics assumed it would be Brock vs. Goldberg level? Come on now.
I thought the match was good, but not great. It was streets behind the recent Reigns/Styles matches. It was essentially every recent Lesnar match with Reigns' signatures and finishers thrown in for good measure.

I agree in saying that it was probably MOTN (Though Orton/Rollins pushes it quite close IMO), but considering the overall nature of that Mania card it doesn't surprise me. Both Roman and Brock's booking since that night is going to make for a poorer encounter in my opinion.

·
The EST of NXT
28,786 Posts
I thought the match was good, but not great. It was streets behind the recent Reigns/Styles matches. It was essentially every recent Lesnar match with Reigns' signatures and finishers thrown in for good measure.

I agree in saying that it was probably MOTN (Though Orton/Rollins pushes it quite close IMO), but considering the overall nature of that Mania card it doesn't surprise me. Both Roman and Brock's booking since that night is going to make for a poorer encounter in my opinion.

Fair enough, but Reigns ironically was the one to get the best match out of Lesnar since the streak ended, when most people here expected him to have the worst, so I think "3 stars at best" is a disservice to that feat.

As for Roman's booking: I've had no issues with it since Wrestlemania. They're presenting him correctly. He's going to be hated by a vocal portion of fans even if he puts on a Shawn Michaels-esque performance in the ring and gets Rock like skills on the mic. They're going to hate his position no matter what he does.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts

As for Roman's booking: I've had no issues with it since Wrestlemania. They're presenting him correctly. He's going to be hated by a vocal portion of fans even if he puts on a Shawn Michaels-esque performance in the ring and gets Rock like skills on the mic. They're going to hate his position no matter what he does.
This is true, there's no denying there's some natural dislike among fans for guys that the company is clearly behind. WWE's issue is that they make it blatantly obvious and it's so one dimensional that it's beyond a joke at times.

Roman's heat is a mixture of his shortcomings as well as bad booking, though. He is constantly improving but it's not just a case of the fans hating whoever is on top, the fans are aware that he was pushed far too soon and in a god awful contrived manner despite showing weaknesses both in ring as well as on the stick.

If he'd been handled differently while he was developing then perhaps things would be easier right now but the heat will never go away until they turn him heel and/or get him off the top of the pile, they need to realise this and stop trying to fool people into thinking otherwise.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Of course, someone HAS to pin Brock clean finally.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts