Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Of course. it already almost happened in the 90's.

IF WWE went out of business: Whatever independent promotion Triple H opens up would be the number 1 promotion most likely. But immediately after it'll be TNA

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
If WWE dies, wrestling dies :fact
Well considering WWE isn't wrestling...

In all seriousness, the death of WWE would be the best thing to ever happen to the industry. It would leave a vacuum. Nature abhors a vacuum. Ring of Honor would aggressively try and take that spot. Lucha Underground might try to as well, especially with them on a young, new network that needs something to stand out. I could see Lucha trying something crazy in light of WWE going out of business, like actually doing a pay per view on cable for the first time. New Japan could possibly step in as the hot new thing much like the Japanese anime craze years ago.

Worst case scenario, TNA steps into WWE's place and mainstream wrestling continues to suck...just not as much (Even Dixie Carter running things is better than Vince McMahon at this point. He's THAT much of an idiot)

I get excited just thinking about the death of WWE. I LOVE seeing the status quo get shaken up. When crazy shit happens this is me:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
IF WWE went out of business: Whatever independent promotion Triple H opens up would be the number 1 promotion most likely.
Correct. OR if Heyman has the energy in him than whatever protein Heyman starts. I don't know if he has tat drive anymore though.

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
Every company has died. No matter how good it's business plan, brand power or whatever, eventually a idiot comes into control and screws it up beyond repair.

Vince is so old he's turning into one.
It's like that old saying about Rome. Every great power comes to an end. Someday America will go down to some foreign power too....

Unless the global apocalypse happens first:laugh:

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
Eventually it will, probably when another wrestling company begins to have incredible success and overtakes WWE and then eventually buys it out.

I don't think it will be within the next 20-30 years but I can't see them going long enough to maybe make it to WrestleMania 100.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Of course, it can.

Will it? Difficult to say.

There's brands that have legions of fan boys who will watch something no matter how shitty it is, defend something no matter how indefensible it is, and keep it afloat despite it being pure trash.

Just look at neo-Star Wars fans. Everything that made the Original Trilogy supremely bad ass is completely lost on them, and they'll defend those shit prequel movies despite how utter fucking garbage they are, and how incoherent the story telling was. The new movies can be absolute shit that spit in the face of Star Wars lore and mythos, but as long as it has a Sith Lord with a robot face and mechanical arm and a five sided lightsaber, these creatures will jack off to how `awesome it is` and help it break every cinema record in the books.

People are dumb, so they get dumb stuff to watch.

Like Transformers 1 ~ 4.

And the WWE.

And dumb ass Ninja Yoda.

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
Sadly, most of us probably won't live to see WWE come to an end. Although if Vince someone manages to live another 30 years, I could see him driving the company into the ground himself before he hits a 100 years old given the path he's currently on.

At some point Hunter will have to say, "Fuck you Old Man. I'm taking over"...and Steph will probably back him

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
I don't think so. The McMahons will be long gone at some point though. They will sell all of their stock in the company, and it will be owned by new people.

If it was still privately owned, I would say yes, it would die with the McMahons. But it's not.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts