• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,158 Posts
I won't click, "yes, I hope so" because I don't hope for that but I do think it'll happen in time. This brand extension is going to fail hard on the RAW side.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
LOL they need a kick on their backside to be able to produce something that'll spike the ratings otherwise Vince better eat his vitamins, say his prayers because football ain't gonna help 'em either. I give 3 years before they start getting TNA level of ratings.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
The fans are not happy and are not watching RAW.

Only smarks left in the buildings complaining as hell? :grin2:

Drops Below Three Million Viewers
Monday’s episode of WWE RAW scored a 2.03 rating, which is down from the 2.28 rating the show did last week. The show drew 2.97 million viewers, which is down from the 3.254 million average the show did last week.

So what do you think, will WWE drop under 2.0 rating?

Last time that happend was 1996 WWF RAW in december.

Yes. If they continue to drop at their current year-over-year rate of decline, they will easily drop below a 2.0 by September. The company - in terms of its television audience - is in real trouble. The erosion of their audience over the last year far outstrips previous year over year declines. And it's more than twice the decline in overall tv viewership (11% per http://screenmediadaily.com/tv-viewership-sees-double-digit-decline-according-to-accenture/)

Between 2012 and 2014, the Monday Night Raw episode at this time of the year averaged 4.2M viewers. This year it was just 2.97M, a whopping 27.8% year over year drop. The 2.03 rating itself represents a 28% drop from last year.

Put another way, if the June 12, 2017 episode shows a similar rate of decline, that RAW will enjoy a 1.45 rating, with 2.14M viewers. Extend that to the June 11, 2018 episode, and RAW will draw a 1.04 rating with just 1.55M viewers.

That said, the question is why? Is it just general erosion in television viewership? I think that the numbers show otherwise, and that this accelerated decline which began last year is beating the pace of general declines in tradition television versus steaming service. And why? Very simple...cliched storytelling, a lack of more than a handful of compelling characters, incremental or no plot movement, and a full year of unpopular champions. The latter is key.

Seth Rollins: Holds the belt from WM 31 to Nov 2015. Is generally portrayed as a very weak, Honkytonk Man like champion who usually needs constant interference to retain
Sheamus: A largely rejected, bland heel character following his return, Sheamus has a brief, uninspiring reign
HHH: Another heel, HHH never wrestles and is the crown jewel of a multi-year Authority angle
Roman Reigns: Obstensibly the face, Reigns is largely rejected post-WM 32 and has been involved in no real big angles since winning the title

If they cannot reverse the trend, the company is in trouble. Their TV deal will eventually come up for renewal, and a RAW that is well ahead of the curve of TV viewership declines will not earn WWE a huge renewal fee. And without that huge renewal fee, their profitability will take a substantial hit.

RAW TV Ratings, Viewers, and Changes from Previous Year

6/13/16: 2.03 (2.97M viewers) -27.4% from previous year
6/15/15: 2.83 (4.11M viewers) -00.5% from previous year
6/16/14: n/a (4.13M viewers) +3.5% from previous year
6/10/13: 3.04 (3.990 viewers) -13.6% from previous year
6/09/12: 3.20 (4.62M viewers)
6/13/11: 3.30
6/14/10: 3.40
6/15/09: 3.70
6/16/08: 3.70
6/11/07: 3.80

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
It'll probably happen on the 4th of the July. You have the holiday and the lame duck show before the draft. It's one of the biggest throwaway shows in the history of RAW.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Adding the third hour which is just variety show crap, replays, announcers talking was the killer.

I don't know how anybody sits through three hours of that crap, two hours was perfect, blame USA for forcing the third hour, it failed in wcw and failed again.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
The poll is stupid, in the thread you're asking for our guesses and the poll is asking our opinions.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Make or break time with the new brand split. Many possibilities for them to make some amazing shows like back in the Ruthless Aggression period, I wanna see the formula from those days turned up a bit maybe adding Hardcore title as well. But it all really starts with competent writers which WWE do not have.
BRAND SPLIT WONT MATTER. Raw will have reigns dominating. Smackdown will have john cena dominating.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,434 Posts
Yep, it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It will soon, the ppvs are still ok but Raw has just been getting worse and worse for a long time and the show is far too based around pleasing hardcore/smark/iwc types (that will never be happy as long as reigns is on top anyway) and that just isnt appealing to casual fans

My dad used to be a big fan and he asks me whats going on now sometimes and I just say 'nothing really, ill let you know when rock/brock/taker/vince come back' - there are no awesome/outrageous wrestling storylines to tell him about etc. and Im not going to go 'you need to watch because cesaro and sami zayne have a very high workrate'

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.