Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know that Undertaker is at the door to the end of his run in the WWE. But this wrestlemania he enters with 18-0 but will he make it to 20 in 2012. Since his return at Summerslam Taker has been well awful and his body cant take much more so with Mania 27 in a few months will it be the end of the Undertaker or will he take 2011 off and do one last run in 2012 for the streak to make 20-0

·
Registered
813 Posts
I really don't understand why many here think that Undertaker must make it to 20-0, and that he should retire afterward. Wrestlers really don't care about round numbers. If 'Taker can physically still perform and get to 23-0 (I think he might be able to, even though the matches will be terrible), he will. If he can only make it to 19-0, he'll stop then.

Ric Flair didn't stop winning world championships at 15 because it was a round number (or 20 if you ask him).

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
I really don't understand why many here think that Undertaker must make it to 20-0, and that he should retire afterward. Wrestlers really don't care about round numbers. If 'Taker can physically still perform and get to 23-0 (I think he might be able to, even though the matches will be terrible), he will. If he can only make it to 19-0, he'll stop then.

Ric Flair didn't stop winning world championships at 15 because it was a round number (or 20 if you ask him).
They do that sort of thing all the time. Of course 20-0 is more symbolic than 21-0 or 19-0.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I think that Taker will go to Wrestlemania 28, going in 19-0, and will put The Streak on the line one last time to try and go for 20-0. Taker is old school and I would be willing to bet that he knows all the greats leave the business on their back. I see him putting over whoever he challenges at Wrestlemania 28 - a younger superstar who really could benefit from being the one person to beat Taker at Wrestlemania. Whoever WWE has beat Taker (if it actually happens), would become THE mega heel for the next 10 years. Easily.

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
It seems like this topic starts up every year. Will this be Taker's last Mania?

I don't know. Part of me thinks yes, but another part of me thinks he'll be wrestling Kane again 7 years from now.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
To be honest it would probably have been better if the streak had ended at 13-0 with all the connotations that number brings!
The streak wasn't really celebrated THAT much back then, and besides, 'Taker still had loads of years left in him.

I, too, don't see why people think he should end at 20. 19-0 would be awesome. "19 and 0" sounds better to say than "20 and 0", like they would say in American.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I still think they are saving his defeat for orton.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think Taker will do whatever it takes to get to Wrestlemania 28 and get to 20-0. 20 is a good, round number to end the streak at.

Also, for people worried about if he can make it to wrestlemania 28, please remember that he wrestled after getting set on fire. And that was this year, at the age of 44.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
He didn't want it because he knew he would catch too much flak to recover from back then. He wasn't nearly as established as he is now. Age of orton anyone? Legend killer anyone? If anyone stands to pull this off, it's orton.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
WM 28 or 30 will be his last. John Cena Vs. The Undertaker will be one of the most epic main events in Wrestlemania history!

- Vic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts