Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was it just me or did i hear michael cole say JR will be on SD! this friday?

i hope so ... ive missed him!

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
uh.....pretty sure you just heard him say that. in your head. for a reason we aren't aware of.

weirdo.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'd love it if JR made an appearance, just a quick in ring speech or something.

Cole did say "JR will be there" referring to Smackdown, but I'm sure Cole was just saying that JR would be there backstage to see the boys while Smackdown is in his neck of the woods... BUT, if JR is there, why not give him 5 minutes of TV time just to say hi? He'd get a pop I'm sure.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
JR's not coming back for anything less than the Raw 1000th episode or something similar. WWE let him go for a reason; they're doing everything they can to squash the Ross v. Cole comparisons and move on. Bringing JR back for this or that event just undermines what they're trying to do.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
JR's not coming back for anything less than the Raw 1000th episode or something similar. WWE let him go for a reason; they're doing everything they can to squash the Ross v. Cole comparisons and move on. Bringing JR back for this or that event just undermines what they're trying to do.
That's the problem though, anyone who's watched wrestling for more than 2 years knows that JR is the best announcer there's ever been. I still don't understand why he got drafted to Smackdown other than for the image reasons JR himself has mentioned. I don't give a shit what someone looks like, if they're the best at what they do they should be allowed to do their thing.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If anything, it makes more sense for Cole to show up on Smackdown than JR since Cole was the one that was a long time commentator on Smackdown. JR could show up backstage to meet up with the guys, but that doesnt mean that he will be on camera. Besides, I believe there was a report long time ago that if JR would return to WWE full time, they had no interest for him to be a commentator.

I'd still prefer JR over Cole if JR was still in the WWE though.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
That's the problem though, anyone who's watched wrestling for more than 2 years knows that JR is the best announcer there's ever been. I still don't understand why he got drafted to Smackdown other than for the image reasons JR himself has mentioned. I don't give a shit what someone looks like, if they're the best at what they do they should be allowed to do their thing.
Sure, older fans know JR, but WWE's obviously going through a youth movement as they try to completely replace their audience. Most of the younger fans don't care about JR, so WWE doesn't either. That's it, plain and simple. JR has suffered his health issues, and that's very unfortunate, but WWE decided to move forward and replace him with someone who'd be there week in and week out. It's not JR's fault that he's ill, but since he can't fix it, he had to be replaced in WWE's eyes. Anyone who thinks JR is going to make a return, or that WWE should bring him back, is kidding themselves. For better or for worse, Michael Cole is the voice of Raw/WWE, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Sure, older fans know JR, but WWE's obviously going through a youth movement as they try to completely replace their audience. Most of the younger fans don't care about JR, so WWE doesn't either. That's it, plain and simple. JR has suffered his health issues, and that's very unfortunate, but WWE decided to move forward and replace him with someone who'd be there week in and week out. It's not JR's fault that he's ill, but since he can't fix it, he had to be replaced in WWE's eyes. Anyone who thinks JR is going to make a return, or that WWE should bring him back, is kidding themselves. For better or for worse, Michael Cole is the voice of Raw/WWE, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Oh believe me i know that Cole is the new voice of the WWE, and obviously JR's health takes priority over everything. But what i was trying, badly after rereading it, to say is that i didn't agree with them moving him to Smackdown and basically fading him out. At that point he was perfectly healthy and doing a great job, I didn't see the need in replacing him as the voice of Raw at that time. And if this youth movement thing is going on i'd like them to send King to smackdown and swap him with Striker. Although that would leave Smackdown being commentated by Mr bland and Mr couldn't give a shit.

·
Registered
544 Posts
WWE havnt let him go at all get your facts right before commenting

1 - 20 of 26 Posts