Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the two world titles have been unified, I don't they've ever had a real title change on a episode of Raw. Unless you count Daniel Bryan being stripped of the title last year, but what I'm talking about is someone actually winning the title in a match, even if it comes from a MITB cash-in.

Do you think we'll ever see that again? Or do wrestlers only win the title on PPVs now?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's a cool little surprise to happen every once in a while. Def not as much as it used to be in the late 90's-early 2000's though.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Doubt they'd do, they need to leave the big matches for the PPV's.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I believe the last the last big title change on Raw before the unification, was when punk walked out MITB 2011 w/the belt. Mysterio won it in a tournament vs Miz - then Cena challenged Mysterio and pinned him an hour later.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
The days of title changes in the main event of RAW are over. Not that its a bad thing mind you but it happened during a time where WWE needed to be unpredictable , now they don't need to be so title matches are mainly on PPV's now which honestly I like because it makes the title supposed to be "must see" on a PPV

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
They should be rare and special when it happens. In 2003, Brock defeated Angle for the title in an Ironman match. Prior to that, the WWE title didn't change on Raw since October 2001, and afterward until Raw 2006 (Edge def. RVD). WHC was awarded on a September Raw 2002, vacated in Raw 2004 to a Benoit-Edge pin/count, and won in a battle royale on Smackdown 2006 when Batista had to vacate.

In 1999, the title changed eleven times.
3 Raw is War title changes
1 Smackdown
1 Halftime Sunday Night Heat
Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series
Over the Edge, Unforgiven

5/11 on free tv.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I doubt it'll happen again. The title should be saved for ppv's anyway.

Only if Rollins cashes in successfully.
:mckinney

Reactions: DemBoy

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing it happen Post-WM Raw but it's a longshot of a wish that's dependent upon Brock's contract renewal... if he does.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
What does Roman Reigns getting cashed in on have to do with Brocks contract?
If Brock renews his contract I see him winning at WM then being pulled into a rematch at Raw for a 2nd match vs Reigns where Rollins attempts a cash-in but loses to Lesnar. Maybe a wild shot but I see Brock retaining at WM even if he doesn't renew then, same scenario as above, so WWE get their title back off Lesnar in controversial ways for Lesnar's final showing.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,666 Posts
Unless it makes storyline sense and is only done once in a blue moon, sure.

Right now, I think they should get used to actually having the title on weekly TV again first.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts