Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
A guy I know once said "I can't be a racist, my girlfriend's a ******!"

"Vince can't be racist, his champion's a black guy" is as simplistic and futile an argument as that guy's was.

Having said that, I personally don't know or care a whole lot about Vince's race issues. He may be, he may not be. This just doesn't change anything.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
A guy I know once said "I can't be a racist, my girlfriend's a black!"

"Vince can't be racist, his champion's a black guy" is as simplistic and futile an argument as that guy's was.

Having said that, I personally don't know or care a whole lot about Vince's race issues. He may be, he may not be. This just doesn't change anything.
Could not have put it any better.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It'll just be altered. Instead, it'll be, "Vince is a racist because he only gives world title reigns to loyal black employees who've been there for 15 years. If you're not loyal and you're black, you've got no chance of being champion".

·
Registered
826 Posts
Booker T already won that title before....anyway this still doesn't change the fact that no black wrestler(other than The Rock and he was half samoan) has ever won the WWE title, the only one that matters in Vince's eyes. He might not be racist but he definitely doen't have faith in black wrestlers.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Of course he is.

People saying "how many black guys deserved it"

Lots. How many did Vince hire that deserved it? Not many.

How many did he give a serious chance to? Not many.

Mark Henry is the first black guy to legit win a title, seriously. Booker T had to have the king booker white man gimmick.

·
1,817 Posts
Fuck me, there are some dickheads on this forum.
Why does race have to be an issue all the fucking time?

How many chinese champions have we had?
How many ginger champions have we had?
Black people think they are so fucking special.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
The argument was a stupid argument from the start.

MVP, the convicted felon, didn't get a title run. WWE's racist.

The Rock's only half black. Who cares if the WWE goes out of the way to show his black heritage. Vince is racist.

King Booker acted white so his reign doesn't count either. Cena acted black so does his 1st reign count?

There's no denying that some black wresters got a raw deal, no doubt about that, but people are kidding themselves here. Vince has promoted 9 minority champs in the last 20 years, alot of them undeserved and some of them to the moon.

Mark Henry was never over. The guy was the least move over person by way far and away in the Nation. 7th most over person int that group alone. Like Christian he's put in the years so no one can argue with the reign, but if it never happened like Christian it's nothing more than being a mid carder for life.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It depends on how long Mark Henry's reign is. I personally don't think that Vince is a racist, but if Henry only gets a 2 week reign, I'm sure it will be used against him (him being Vince).

·
Registered
338 Posts
King Booker acted white so his reign doesn't count either. Cena acted black so does his 1st reign count?
What the hell is “acting white”?? I can only assume you mean “not acting one of the 2–3 stereotyped ways a black person is usually allowed to act”. Whereas someone who is white has zillions of different characters to choose from (or in wrestling, at least a couple of dozens).

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
What the hell is “acting white”?? I can only assume you mean “not acting one of the 2–3 stereotyped ways a black person is usually allowed to act”. Whereas someone who is white has zillions of different characters to choose from (or in wrestling, at least a couple of dozens).
Wayne Brady.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Fuck me, there are some dickheads on this forum.
Why does race have to be an issue all the fucking time?

Im gonna ask you to calm that down please...let's not go there.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Well you completely missed the point...

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Who cares if he is a racist anyway.

People can be whatever they like.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Easily. The argument can be made that Henry got the run for tenure, and that his race was discarded because he's done so much dirty work for WWE. /shrug I never said morality was logical.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts