Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think anyone with a brain cell can see Barrett is at least talented enough for the upper mid-card, there's a possibility that he's done with the main event. But look at Sheamus, he got a huge push at the start then almost fell of the grid, now he's on his way to main eventing 'mania with Mark Henry. I really hope WWE wake up and realise what a talent they've got in Barrett.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
Unfortunately, no. WWE somehow sees nothing in a big guy with a hugely dominant presence, great mic skills, charisma, a tough guy look and a guy that can draw heat easily. Don't ask me why, I can't figure it out. Even his in ring work is not anywhere near as bad as people make out, because he wrestles like a fucking big guy, which he is. But even if he were the worst wrestler of all time, it would still not excuse them not pushing him because of all the other attributes.

They used him for one storyline because they had nobody else, and then told him to fuck off. Apparently he can't play politics like Sheamus and Del Rio, so instead of being the multi time world champion he was destined to be, he's a career midcarder who'll probably get treated like William Regal. Personally, I think Vince McMahon has something against the English.

·
Registered
895 Posts
YES!

Wade Barrett WILL be a multiple time WWE and WHC before he retires. Some people will no doubt get all doom and gloom about his current position, but he is simply too good not to get back to the top of the card. Its more a question of when!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
Yes. He'll be a world champion within the next two years.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As for now I dont think he will get the push he deserves, but sometime later on possibly 2012-13 he will probably make a dominant comeback and hold a title or two.

But as mr cricket said he wont ever get the same amount of heat as he did when he was leading the Nexus.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Course he will, just has to bide his time. I personally think given his build and smirking, snide persona (and brilliantly evil english voice haha) think he may be a good candidate to get either the Rumble push or be the one to beat the streak. Just the kinda thing hed ALWAYS brag about. I see a lot of HHH in the guy (apart from nose, nationality, haircut and boss' daughter as his wife).

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
How long can people keep saying "he'll be World Champion in 2 years" when it's quite obvious that Barrett is being buried and that WWE don't give a shit about him?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I hardly call getting to cut a promo on Triple H on behalf of the SD heel roster "being buried".

Just be patient people. He'll get his chance. They probably just want to give him some time to improve in the ring (which he is currently doing) before another main event run.

·
Registered
977 Posts
And people said HHH buried Sheamus when he put him through a table before mania. That means he'll be gettin another push roundabout next June.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
How long can people keep saying "he'll be World Champion in 2 years" when it's quite obvious that Barrett is being buried and that WWE don't give a shit about him?
They'll do it forever, people just DON'T learn. This is gonna be like a John Morrison situation where every year it's his year, and it never comes, but next year's always the one. People on this board are gonna be saying Barrett will win his first world title "this year" in 2019.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Barrett is more irrelevant than Jack fucking Swagger, that's how bad things have gotten. He barely does anything on this week's Smackdown, except stand in the background with David Otunga.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
Hell, not even Swagger, he's less relevent than Zack Ryder. The guy who couldn't get on television at all 2 months ago is now featured more on television than the guy who was the FUCKING TOP HEEL last year.

And you people think WWE has any plans for him. Wake up. He isn't "paying his dues", this isn't "slow build", this is BLATANT, seething HATRED on the part of Vince McMahon. For whatever stupid reason, maybe because WWE has a cardinal rule that you can't outperform Cena in your first program, I don't know.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I'm sure Barrett will get another big push someday and I'm hoping that comes sooner rather then later. Barrett is just too talented to not push and I'm sure WWE will wise up and see that eventually.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Yes. He'll be a world champion within the next two years.
That's what I used to think, almost a year ago.

Now I'm beginning to have my doubts but I still have some hope that he will have a world title run on Raw or SD sooner rather then later in his career.

He's still young, and so is his career for that matter.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
It's inevitable that Barrett will get a big push again at some point (unless he does something really stupid or is forced out of wrestling for whatever reason.) WWE showed on monday that they have faith in him by making him one of the mouthpieces for the WWE roster when they were voting against HHH.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
Less than one and one half years transpired between the final Sunday in June 2009 and the last Raw before the American holiday of Thanksgiving in November 2010. Miz was "buried" by John Cena at The Bash; less than 17 months later, he was WWE Champion. In-between he reinvented his look, refined his character, improved in the ring, climbed up the midcard, won the United States Championship, won the Tag Team Championships with Big Show, opened Wrestlemania, won the Money in the Bank briefcase for Raw, put over Daniel Bryan in a great feud, was the Team Captain for Raw at Bragging Rights and was seen as one of the company's brightest rising stars in several years.

Or, they could go the Jack Swagger route, where Barrett is belittled by Santino one month and becomes world champion, the next.

I believe in his last singles match on Smackdown, Barrett defeated Justin Gabriel, straight-up. And they spent a lot of time over the summer promoting Gabriel with that South African video package and all that as he was being turned face. Gabriel is a babyface prospect they're fairly keen on--probably not world champion keen on, but midcard keen on, certainly. Barrett would never have won that match, nor the match against Daniel Bryan at Summerslam, were the intention to outright bury him.

That doesn't excuse the booking and the absence of writing for him. It doesn't excuse the way they had Cena beat him without proverbially breaking a sweat a month ago. WWE is just one crazy company.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts