Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the rumours around Vince McMahon apparently thinking about selling the wwe to people in Saudi Arabia in the future could there be truth in.

If anyone has seen Vince in the past couple years with the rare appearances on makes on screen he hasn't really looked in the best of health in my opinion. At 73 years old your not going to look the best you've ever been but Vince just seems very off in terms of his demeanour and a lot of people after seeing him during the HHH 25 anniversary speculated that more. And with the business changing so much over the past few years and the hit the company has taken due to the pandemic could Vince just say you know what I've had a good run let me call it day

. And with this rumour coming out and going back to what I said about Vince not seeming himself could that be because he's not in good health and he wants to get out now Because of that but that's just me speculating there's been no reports of that anywhere to confirm that as a reason why these rumours are coming out. Because for years people have known Vince McMahon is a workaholic all he does is work if Vince could spend 25 hours a day working he would and that he would die in the chair before stepping down.

But with him being invested in other things like the XFL and with the company making more money than it ever has before and it not being anything about his health and he's finally had a epiphany that it's time to hit the old dusty trail could see WWE in the hands of the wealthy saudi's. Imo I thought if wwe was ever sold to anyone it would be to disney because of FOX and because they've monopolizing the entertainment business over the past few years

·
Registered
156 Posts
He might have no choice soon if he gonna show eye for eye match and have some form cgi showing eye being pulled out of their head surely the parents not gonna let children watch it again and ratings probably drop really low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Its been family company for a hundred years he's not going to sell it to an outsider. If the company is eventually sold it will be after he dies.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He might have no choice soon if he gonna show eye for eye match and have some form cgi showing eye being pulled out of their head surely the parents not gonna let children watch it again and ratings probably drop really low

Yeah right now he seems to not really care about what's going on in the company in terms of creative. He fired heyman even tho heyman was working with a lot of talent trying to get them more on tv and apparently the company is all over the place right now with Pritchard running both shows and he's a well known yes man to vince so they seem to be in the let's just try anything and see if it sticks mentality. But they've done worse things then that before but it being a PG product your right it might not fly but doesn't matter if ratings drop because there making money regardless the ratings have been dropping for nearly 20 years and they've made more money in that time then they did when they was smashing ratings

Its been family company for a hundred years he's not going to sell it to an outsider. If the company is eventually sold it will be after he dies.
Money talks though. And they have investors and shareholders to consider so if the offer is huge which if the Saudis do make a offer it probably will be because they pay over the odds for a lot of things because money just isn't a thing to them so thell pay 3x times over the odds for something

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,517 Posts

Never say never, but I don't see it happening in Vince's lifetime.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Seems got really stupid now like eye for eye match swamp match bringing Jeff Hardy problems into storyline like having him bar match and this week smackdown having karaoke contest I was reading that fox paid pga golf so much money to get out of there contract and think they do with smackdown as well

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
What comes first?

A) Vince having the balls to say goodbye to his baby
B) The number of people below 50 who actually semi directly inject money into WWE become virtually nonexistent
C) Major partners like NBCUniversal, Fox, Saudi, Mattel and advertisers see them as a busted flush

·
Southern Pride
4,357 Posts
The only time that I can imagine WWE is going to ever be sold from the McMahons is if the kids from Stephanie, Triple H and Shane all lose interest in the business when it gets passed down to them in 30 years.

I can't imagine Vince ever selling it nor Stephanie and Triple H ever letting it go when they get full control. It's a family business and they all seem to still have the passion for it.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
It can happen if they see there's no boom period coming back and the ratings/attendance and eventually TV deals dry up.

Here's the thing about Vince. Money matters to him. A lot. While his ego will keep him fighting for longer than most people would, if things get bad enough that he has no choice but to cut his losses, he probably will

·
Registered
156 Posts
It can happen if they see there's no boom period coming back and the ratings/attendance and eventually TV deals dry up.

Here's the thing about Vince. Money matters to him. A lot. While his ego will keep him fighting for longer than most people would, if things get bad enough that he has no choice but to cut his losses, he probably will
I Reckon it will the storylines getting silly

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Vince has too much passion for the wrestling business. In my estimate it won't happen as long as he breathes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don’t know if USA network and fox can get out of their tv deals but in UK WWE was on sky for 30 years and left sky and went with bt sports the rumour was sky didn’t want WWE anymore because the ratings was to low

·
Banned
4,550 Posts
No not in our lifetime, cant see ms steph either doing it, shane might but hunter wont

If he was offered 5 billion ....

·
Registered
950 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. He is a business man, I don't believe he has all that much affection to the brand. Vince, HHH and Kevin Dunne recently sold off millions of dollars of shares. Its not really HIS company anymore in the traditional sense, as a public trading company he has only a small majority

1 - 20 of 32 Posts