Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I saw Velveteen Dream was when he turned heel on Kushida.

What is the latest on his status? Is WWE looking for the right time to release him?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I think he will, otherwise he would have been released. For whatever reason, they're protecting him but Jack Gallagher and Cutler get released without anyone batting an eyelash.

·
Registered
233 Posts
"Wha... What's PlushTeen Nightmare doing in the Impact zone!?!"

On second thoughts, that name could give the wrong message.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
"Hello Mr Velveteen Dream, have a seat" is the only way you'll be hearing him being spoken about on tv. WWE are in tricky spot as he technically not been found guilty of anything and to my knowledge has deny the messages where real (correct me if I'm wrong) so would be in the same position as Matt Riddle who also has allegations against him but also disputes them. So if they where to fire VD but not Riddle they would get accused of biased/racism. So imo they're just letting his contract to expire and be done with him or waiting to see if the heat dies down and the allegations go away. Ether way he fucked as he'll never be as big as he could have been.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,022 Posts
I think they're just hoping to hold him out another year or so and hope it blows over and people forget. If they were gonna cut him, they would have.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I think he will, otherwise he would have been released. For whatever reason, they're protecting him but Jack Gallagher and Cutler get released without anyone batting an eyelash.
With Gallagher it’s different because he admitted to what he did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,357 Posts
He'll probably be back at some point otherwise you think they would have just released him at this point. Though if they think they'll just be able to bring him back and let this "blow over", they're mistaken. Fans aren't going to forget the accusations. Even if someone will say there's been no charges, they're still there and they've never been disproven. And the fact that they keep taking him on and off TV just make things worse because you're just going to restart the "Fire Velveteen Dream" movement all over again.

This guy should have been a huge star, but that's gone.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,040 Posts
I think they're going to pull off a situation similar to Lars Sullivan where he was absent from TV for over a year.

I don't think we'll see Velveteen Dream on TV again until full crowds eventually come back.

He works better with crowds reacting to him anyway.

Dream really needs to improve himself though in real life.

·
Custom User Title
6,865 Posts
I think they're going to pull off a situation similar to Lars Sullivan where he was absent from TV for over a year.

I don't think we'll see Velveteen Dream on TV again until full crowds eventually come back.

He works better with crowds reacting to him anyway.

Dream really needs to improve himself though in real life.
I don't think waiting for audiences to come back is going to help him. It may actually make things significantly worse, especially since NXT audiences are incredibly smarky.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,474 Posts
"Hello Mr Velveteen Dream, have a seat" is the only way you'll be hearing him being spoken about on tv. WWE are in tricky spot as he technically not been found guilty of anything and to my knowledge has deny the messages where real (correct me if I'm wrong) so would be in the same position as Matt Riddle who also has allegations against him but also disputes them. So if they where to fire VD but not Riddle they would get accused of biased/racism. So imo they're just letting his contract to expire and be done with him or waiting to see if the heat dies down and the allegations go away. Ether way he fucked as he'll never be as big as he could have been.
Well the difference between Riddle's situation and Dream's is with Riddle its just an accusation and one he's denied saying the chick is a stalker and nuts, with Dream theres actual audio of him asking a girl what school she goes to, and yeah you can say "he could've been asking about a girl in college" but i don't think so, he would've asked what college she went to and not said school imo.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Well the difference between Riddle's situation and Dream's is with Riddle its just an accusation and one he's denied saying the chick is a stalker and nuts, with Dream theres actual audio of him asking a girl what school she goes to, and yeah you can say "he could've been asking about a girl in college" but i don't think so, he would've asked what college she went to and not said school imo.
Cheers for the information dude, I wasn't aware that there was audio of Dream talking, I just knew there was messages that would be difficult to fake (but not impossible). Id agree with your line of thinking about the way he asked that if that's what he said, fucked up. Has there been much movement in the Riddle case? Are ether of them under a investigation by the police or is it just accusations people have made but not reported them to the authority (not HHH and co lol)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts