Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think we will see TNA ever go against Raw again, for a one-time special or anything??

I'll be honest, I would love to see it again. I know that no one else would agree with me, but i thought that the Monday Night Wars last year were fun. I never got to experience the old monday night wars with WCW and WWE, which is why I enjoyed the new war. Both shows had good stuff, Raw had Bret's return, Taker/HBK feud, etc and TNA had just got Hogan, Bischoff, Jeff, Flair,etc. In my opinion, it was a good time to be a wrestling fan, but I know i'm apart of the minority in thinking that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I won't say they'll never do it again but I can't see TNA even chancing anything to do with Monday nights in the near future. It's really just a case of been there, done that (and failed)

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Do you guys think we will see TNA ever go against Raw again, for a one-time special or anything??

I'll be honest, I would love to see it again. I know that no one else would agree with me, but i thought that the Monday Night Wars last year were fun. I never got to experience the old monday night wars with WCW and WWE, which is why I enjoyed the new war. Both shows had good stuff, Raw had Bret's return, Taker/HBK feud, etc and TNA had just got Hogan, Bischoff, Jeff, Flair,etc. In my opinion, it was a good time to be a wrestling fan, but I know i'm apart of the minority in thinking that.
What happened in the spring of 2010 was not a war it was more like a squash match from a early 90's episode of WWF Superstars.

The original Monday Night War lasted over 5 years, the events of the Spring of 2010 lasted 3 months.

The Original Monday Night War featured each company throwing out their very best every monday night, leading to a renewed interest in professional wrestling and unheard of ratings numbers; While also sparking new era of creativity particuarly in the WWF and for a while in WCW.

The events of this past spring featured TNA in a desperate state throwing anything and everything at the wall and providing shitty programming that had their weekly ratings average drop until the point they had to run back to Thursday nights.

This past spring was not a war it was an embarrassment and hopefully TNA never returns to Monday nights in any way shape or form and just focuses on making Thursday nights their night of destination programming for wrestling fans which their kind of struggling at even at the moment.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
IMPACT should stay on thursday nights, but I do think they "could" do 3 hour PPV style monday night specials about once every 3 months & showcase the hell out of the talent vs Raw. Timeslot? 8 to 11. The specials don't need to be in a arena... but it must be live. Save the once in a while taped arena IMPACTS for thursday nights.

But if it's possible with the cash flow, go for the jugular......

Oh, I'd also make sure the Thursday IMPACT 72 hours after the Monday IMPACT special is a new episode.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I'd like to see them maybe do a live 3 hour ppv like Impact on a Monday some time but any thought of a permanent or semi-permanent move back to Mondays should be out of the question for them. Going live and on the road on Thursdays is what they should be concentrating on.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
They should cut back their PPVs to 6 and hold 6 annual 3 hour Monday Night Specials ala WWEs Saturday Night Main Events.
That's just what I was thinking, but I'd have them cut back to 8 instead of 6.

I don't see anything wrong with TNA having specials on a few Monday Nights a year.

I have the 1st one when Raw is preempted by something. Although, I don't remember the last time Raw was preempted. I used to happen at least twice a year during the 90's. I don't know if it's changed or not.

The thing with these shows is they can't just be any old mediocre TNA show. It has to be miles better than what the WWE's doing.

I'd try to have it at a unique place. I remember 1st Nitro taking place at the Mall of America. They used to do shows at the Sturgis Biker Rally. They did the Spring Break shows.

I'd try to do something like that so the show just doesn't look like any old wrestling show.

Eric Bischoff was able to get events in some really unique places. I'd see if he can do it again.

I'd also tie Vince Russo to a chair until he came up with a show that wasn't full of run-ins, ref bumps, and SWERVES!

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
Cut the PPVs from 12 to 9 and have 3 Monday specials a year...

Dub them simply the TNA Wrestling Showcase Series on SPIKE. You know... TNA Showcase 1, TNA Showcase 2 & so on...... Kinda like the UFC style.

"Showcasing the very best that TNA Wrestling has to offer"

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
they got a 1.5 on monday i see no reason they shouldve ever left.. they proved they could get the ratings.. they just couldnt keep em high. when they finally can get their product on point.. i think it would be cool if they did one live show on Monday once a month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts