Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
In the US? Not anytime soon if they stay around for a long time, if they don't stay around then probably never. As far as UK is concerned, they already did so I hope they will do a PPV or a TV Taping there once.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hope so,
I dont notice it so much now but when I first started watching tna I remember thinking the entrances, the entrance ramp and small arena made tna seem really tinny compared to wwe.
Actually i think the iz was a bit different at the entrance back then tho, point is its about credibility to potential fans, and big crowds/arenas could help.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
overseas maybe

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,912 Posts
I agree, seems that US wrestling fans wan't that pg-shait that the all-mighty-E spits out right now
Not true. I think TNA needs to go to a place that has a heavy wrestling fanbase like New York or Chicago. The crowd would be hot every night, you wouldn't have blind sheep, no UNDESERVED chants and most importantly of all, you can charge admission in a bigger house. Even if you charge 50 cents a seat, it's still a shit more than 0.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
If they bring in Don Draper, maybe.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Not until they find a mega match to promote and build up to very well. In the end of the day, thats how you really sell out a arena. That how WCW did it for Starrcade, thats how WCCW did it for Star Wars, and thats how Vince did it for Wrestlemania. Its not fucking rocket science.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
I think fans underestimate the value of your reputation. TNA has a bad reputation among fans. Not just among the IWC but it seems like the general public is not taking them seriously. TNA reputation at the moment is a bush league company trying to compete with WWE that doesn't have good storylines and old wrestlers. The Monday Night Wars mess up TNA reputation among the fans.

I think the best way to get fans excited is by having a DOMINANT WORLD CHAMPION. People loves franchises and dynasties in sports. The same can be apply to wrestling. Cena was a dominant champion which help him become this megastar and draw. ROH peak was during Joe title reign. It also have to be someone who always have the best chance of winning and someone new(no Jeff Jarrett's or Kurt Angle's). I think TNA should give Samoa Joe a 18-24 months title reign. Build him up as the man to beat in pro wrestling not just TNA.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
I think fans underestimate the value of your reputation. TNA has a bad reputation among fans. Not just among the IWC but it seems like the general public is not taking them seriously. TNA reputation at the moment is a bush league company trying to compete with WWE that doesn't have good storylines and old wrestlers. The Monday Night Wars mess up TNA reputation among the fans.

I think the best way to get fans excited is by having a DOMINANT WORLD CHAMPION. People loves franchises and dynasties in sports. The same can be apply to wrestling. Cena was a dominant champion which help him become this megastar and draw. ROH peak was during Joe title reign. It also have to be someone who always have the best chance of winning and someone new(no Jeff Jarrett's or Kurt Angle's). I think TNA should give Samoa Joe a 18-24 months title reign. Build him up as the man to beat in pro wrestling not just TNA.
Wouldn't Matt Morgan fit the bill in todays environment

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
He would but Joe would give you better matches which is important because your champion also have to provide good/great quality and Joe is the safest choice. Cena always does his job and you know he's not going to give you a bad performance, not great but not bad either. I know with Joe, he can never put on a bad performance. He can play a believable heel and face. He can wrestle many different type of opponents and adapt to people styles. Joe also can give you that dominant feel. If I was to book a dominant champion it would be either Joe or Morgan, no one else can be believable for a long period of time. Not AJ, definitely not Pope and Anderson is just not reliable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts