Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems to me, they may sacrifice Cena and his merchandising to get Reigns over. Especially after Steph's promo on John.

But I wonder - if John Cena is willing to turn heel, with his dedication to make a wish (and more importantly, the merchandising money).

How do you think this scenario would play out, if Cena refused to turn heel for Reigns?

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Cena will only go heel if Reigns gets over. They're in love with The Look but they aren't turning their #1 merch mover heel before they're certain they have someone to replace him.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I don't think they'll sacrifice him, but I definitely think John Cena is taking a step back at least for the time being. I think John Cena will turn heel before he retires. John Cena is a company man through and through. Vince tells him to jump, he asks "how high?". If he's told to turn heel, he'll go out there and do it. I don't see it happening just yet, though. I think John Cena will be active for at least a few more years.

Roman Reigns is too much of a risk at this point. You can't throw Cena under the bus when Reigns has yet to prove his worth.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cena will only go heel if Reigns gets over. They're in love with The Look but they aren't turning their #1 merch mover heel before they're certain they have someone to replace him.
They are willing to risk their main attraction of the year though?

I don't think they'll sacrifice him, but I definitely think John Cena is taking a step back at least for the time being. I think John Cena will turn heel before he retires. John Cena is a company man through and through. Vince tells him to jump, he asks "how high?". If he's told to turn heel, he'll go out there and do it. I don't see it happening just yet, though. I think John Cena will be active for at least a few more years.

Roman Reigns is too much of a risk at this point. You can't throw Cena under the bus when Reigns has yet to prove his worth.
Do you think Vince cares about risk at this point? The man seems so stuck up his own ego, he could be convinced it could work.

As to Cena....He is a company man, but heels do not see merch - and with his charity commitments, if genuine, that may be a bridge too far.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Only if Reigns succeeds as a top guy, they'll consider it. But right now, no, he's still the franchise player.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Do you think Vince cares about risk at this point? The man seems so stuck up his own ego, he could be convinced it could work.

As to Cena....He is a company man, but heels do not see merch - and with his charity commitments, if genuine, that may be a bridge too far.
I think that Vince is a smart businessman. We have seen what he's produced, good and bad, but we haven't lived it like he has. People can call him senile and out of touch all they want, you don't get to be as successful as Vince without a good mind for business. I think he knows what he's doing and if it fails he'll know when to pull the plug.

As for Cena's heel turn, I don't think he'll ever turn when he's still a full-time performer. I can see him turning when he's on his way out, after a new top guy has been firmly established. Then again, Cena could be one of those guys that comes back every few years for the next couple of decades to relive his glory days. I choose to believe that he'll turn heel near the end of his career because that's the less depressing option.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
They are willing to risk their main attraction of the year though?
I'm not following you. In any case, they value Cena on that roster more than anyone not named Mark Calloway or Joe Anoa'i. Love him or hate him, he can draw and he brings in more merch money from the kids and women than anyone else on the roster. Not to mention hes the face of their Make-A-Wish PR. Vince simply won't turn him heel unless he feels Reigns has supplanted John in that role.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Cena would sooner leave then allow that to happen because despite what most fans may think he's a business man first and a company guy second.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I don't like either of them, I personally hate them both of them but I'll take Cena over Reigns thanks. I can't take Reigns seriously with those coloured contact Lenses what a ******.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Cena is still the "man" so they need him to be able to step in if Roman doesn't get over as much as they need him too (no fault of Roman of course if that happens).

If Roman is successful enough than Cena will turn heel at some point next year I'd say, and than we'll all think we're in bizzaro world as Cena jobs to Roman week after week.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I doubt they'd turn Cena heel ever, he brings in too much money from merchandise to turn. Although if Reigns or even someone else (that Vince likes) ever managed to match or even pass Cena in that area then there's a chance.

I just don't see it happening.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Hogan did make a wish with no issues while with NWO. Cena will do the same.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Team SHIV
3,177 Posts

That's an oddly sensible post coming from you. :lol

I agree. Reigns is far too unproven to sacrifice Cena. Even sacrificing the Rumble and half the roster was pretty reckless and stupid.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
They'd do anything to make Reigns legit, anything. Reigns is HHH's and Vince's pet project. Reigns failing means that HHH made a terrible call with Reigns and even worse Vince agreed with the push. How confident will the stockholders be if Reigns flops and they have to make Cena heel then bring him back as face?

HHH and Vince will not want to look like all they've accomplished with the most dominant stable in WWE history is make a coward Orton heel in Rollins, a geek in Ambrose and Diesel 2.0 in Reigns.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts