Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Drew returned to the main roster last year, I thought for sure he was gonna be pushed straight to the top. Fast forward to the end of 2019 and he’s just another guy, who mostly loses and barely gets any reaction.

I don’t understand why WWE hasn’t pushed him. I’m not exactly the biggest fan of him, I like him, but I prefer the likes of Owens. However he seems to just be everything Vince looks for in a wrestler. He has one of the best looks, he is tall, well built and looks intimidating. He’s good in the ring, underrated I’d say. Has decent mic skills, I’d say he’s on par with Reigns and better than Rollins. He just seems perfect to be a main event heel but for whatever reason WWE just always sour on him. I understand he comes out to crickets lately, but I put that down to booking. No one can take him seriously anymore. When you compare him and Corbin, you’d think they’d want Drew in his position, yet it’s always Corbin that Vince loves and pushes.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,769 Posts
The funny thing is: they put him together with Ziggler last year, so he could crew out of this team and it worked. But then they used Drew as lackey for Corbin and then as lackey for Shawn etc. etc. Meanwhile Ziggler, as part timer, had title matches.
Looking back it seems like his big push was cancelled.

·
IRAN #1
2,310 Posts
You can never assume someone will get pushed straight to the top in WWE... They do this shit all the time, they'll push a talent for a few months then pull back on it.. This is why there's no stars in the company.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Jinder was more over than Drew. Drew's character is just so dry. The bestvstuff they've done with him is beat up and bully Heath Slater. He needs a storyline highlighting him, not being a supporting character for someone else.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,959 Posts
I don't really get why either.

He has the look, Can wrestle and hang with the best of them regardless of who he works with and never looks out of place, Can cut ruthless and convincing promos as a legit Heel but all of that means nothing when you are constantly jobbing out and playing second fiddle to someone else, His workload is a testament to his passion for the business and he's getting crapped on for it.

This guy with how much he's improved would have done much better during the RA Era compared to now.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hopefully not. I'm not even sure what his whole story is. He's just a dude who seems to get involved with a lot of top angles where he beats people up just cause someone else said to? I dunno. We need to actually learn something about this guy because so far they've given us no reason to care about him at all.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Why would they? He's got the look and solid ring work, but he's just never connected with the audience in any meaningful way. He belongs in the midcard

·
Registered
747 Posts
Let's pray to god that don't pull the trigger. I dont understand Drew Mcintyre fanboys. What to you see in the guy?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's pray to god that don't pull the trigger. I dont understand Drew Mcintyre fanboys. What to you see in the guy?
Not a fanboy, if you read the post I said I prefer Owens. However he is clearly someone that Vince would usually push to the top, and I’m surprised he isn’t one of his favourites.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
WWE tried to sell Drew McCrickets for the whole last year, he was protected, he destroyed Kurt Angle and Dolph Ziggler and the crowd never cared for him.

You wanna know exactly when his push decreased?... it was on the Royal Rumble match, a whole year of protecting his ass and presenting him as a huge deal and he made his entrance to the ring accompanied by silence, even lowcarder acts like Curt Hawkins and Titus O'Neil got a reaction from the crowd.

That moment sealed his destiny on the main roster, he was not worth the invesment.

In fact the match sealed the fate of McCrickets, Andrade and Lashley, the apathy of the crowd towards them was so notorious that the company decided to stop presenting them as big stars.

- Drew became Roman's token dummy and later turn into Shane and Corbin's lackey.

- Lashley was used to put over The Demon Balor and now is involved in a terrible story-line.

- Andrade it's just floating around until Humberto Carillo and Angel Garza (the new token latinos) get over.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts