Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching old videos of The Rock and I was on YouTube and watched the confrontation of Hogan and The Rock in the same ring. The magnitude of it was amazing. Tremendous. I bet the guys and girls in the back loved every mintute of it. Really cool how the chants first started with Rocky chants than be to Hogan chants than to Rocky chants again. So my question is will there ever be in this day and age Be a match as huge as Hogan vs Rock?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ns9l8baQ8a0

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I think Cena vs. Rock at WrestleMania 28 might have been. I say "might have" because Cena has never been on the same level as Rock and Hogan were (close, but I don't think he ever crossed over into "mega-draw" status). However, the match was built-up for a year, main-evented a WrestleMania, got a lot of interest back in WWE, and left you really wondering who would win in the end.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
No never will that be pipped.

And I will tell you why because the WWE refuse to build new stars who are worthy of being at the level of a Hogan or a Rock, no developing of characters, mic skills or even in ring.

Until they decide to place trust in new stars and stop relying on "nostalgia" no one will ever be built up big enough!

·
Likes wrestling....
10,892 Posts
IMO that match was bigger than Hogan vs Andre.
Nah, I don't think so. Despite of how big that was nothing that I have seen has ever captured the interest of the non wrestling fan like Hogan vs Andre.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Awesome video. Those that use Rock getting booed at WM18 as a reason to dismiss his popularity, should take a look towards this video. Not only Rock got more cheers here, but those Rocky chants completely obliterated the Hogan chants:lol

Anyway, to the OP question: NO. NO and again NO.

Since there won't be another Hogan and Rock, so it's hard to replicate something of this stature again. This was a once in a life-time match, and the crowd:mark: was just extraordinary.I consider this the greatest match of all time because of the characters involved, plus the way the crowd reacted to this match.

Reactions: Empress

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Certainly but wrestling needs a complete reboot. Targeting 10 year olds , fat lonely women and people over the age of 70, isn't going to garner that kind of a reaction. Basically the fans made that feud extra special.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Awesome video. Those that use Rock getting booed at WM18 as a reason to dismiss his popularity, should take a look towards this video. Not only Rock got more cheers here, but those Rocky chants completely obliterated the Hogan chants

Anyway, to the OP question: NO. NO and again NO.

Since there won't be another Hogan and Rock, so it's hard to replicate something of this stature again. This was a once in a life-time match, and the crowd
was just extraordinary.I consider this the greatest match of all time because of the characters involved, plus the way the crowd reacted to this match.
Who cares if Rock got booed at WM18. Funny thing is those Candians cheered for the people's elbow like WTF. But it's okay because he is still loved and there's a video of Raw going off the air and Rock and Booker T was just improvising and the crowd cheered for The Rock and it was in Canada.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aXS3ToAUhF8

·
Registered
162 Posts
No because unless WWE 100% changes from what it is today, they will never have two stars as huge as the rock or hogan again. sad but true.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I think at that point had they done a Goldberg vs Austin match with proper build up, it would have been at the same level or even higher.

Reactions: MEMS

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Punk vs Cena at MitB 2011 was that huge. Not to mention the match delivered and was better than Hogan/Rock.

oh i feel the redrep coming from the pathetic mega rock dick sucking crowd now. mr. india is a tiger, kingdickrider, and rlcockmeister.

edit: i thought you meant since then. hogan vs andre was so obviously bigger.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.