Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In recent years John Cena has publicly stated he supports the direction the WWE is headed. The thing is.........................................the WWE is going south. We all know this as a fact. The ratings are awful. The DVD sales have greatly fallen over the years. This is the first year, Wrestlemania DVDs did not sale over 100,000 copies.

The fans and ex-fans have already stated their opinions about how awful the show is. The consumers are being ignored by the WWE. Vince has forgotten the costumer is always right! If we can't get though him then someone inside needs to get to him. We have no hope for change with the Cena going along with the Vince bandwagon.

Call me crazy if you want. I do NOT believe the WWE will be here in the next 10 years if the WWE continues to go into this direction.

Discuss!

·
You're a mong.
5,402 Posts
Aren't you the little ray of sunshine?

Whilst buyrates are down, I'm going to go out on a limb and say merch sales are doing as well as they have for a while and that the WWE is more popular around the WORLD than it has ever been. Whilst the priority audience is the U.S, there's a whole WORLD out there who are still aboard the WWE bandwagon.

BTW, your 2nd paragraph is amongst the worst things I've read on this forum. What I could understand was bullshit and what I couldn't understand... well, I couldn't understand it.

WWE will be around for as long as the 'WWE' wants to be around for.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't think it will go out of business, but I definitely see TNA catching up.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
While elements such as buyrates are down, other things such as the advertising and sponsers are well up. As far as I know, the companys profits keep growing, so yeah it seems pretty likely the company will still be around, as usually happens when they make money.

TOTYC tbh.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
The WWE can damn near last forever with the way its run right now. Ridiculously stable. Endless sponsors. Ratings and buyrates holding steady. Houseshows all over the world. Merchandise selling like hotcakes. Foreign markets more profitable than ever and still growing.

Say what you want about the WWE product, but the company is in a very solid state at the moment.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Wow, well what do you know, a thread where someone has to guess the future. Oh oh, you know they don't like that on here.

But anyways if I had to guess(yes folks, this is possible), I'd say they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. So yes I think they'll be around in 10 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buy rates and DVD sales only tell part of the story, merch and advertising account for a huge part of there business hence the switch to PG so they could go for more ad money. Also, if money gets too tight they will change up how they do things.

So yeah WWE will be around for a very, very long time.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yeah, the WWE has seen worse years (see early '90s) and they survived. But honestly I don't see anything wrong with the current product, other than the fact that the writers seem to be incapable of developing more than 1 interesting storyline at a time.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
It will be around,but business could be dire.People soon turned away from wrestling between 92 and 95,mostly because the WWF format had grown stale and overexposed.The quality of streaming will be perfect due to technological advances,so PPV will be even more difficult to sell.

Not forgetting the currently lucrative home video market.The WWE will have used up much of their (marketable) back catalogue,but then again blu-ray re-releases could be successful.

TV rights are a huge revenue stream and the PG direction has made the once tawdry Raw popular with the advertisers.Unfortunately the ratings have fallen year on year and Smackdown is pulling lower ratings than WCW Thunder.

Merchandise salaes are very strong,but the WWE struck gold with John Cena (hip hop influenced),Rey Mysterio (child friendly lucha) and Randy Orton (badass wrestler).However,these characters were crafted 7 years ago,meanwhile the WWE has struggled to produce fresh,well booked main eventers,nevermind marketable characters.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Like for example the whole stale and dull thing, people bitch about it. But its part of the business strategy. Less risks.

Or for example the PG thing. Its really easy to appeal to kids. And you'll always have a fresh crop of viewers to take the place of the ones growing up.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Buy rates and DVD sales only tell part of the story, merch and advertising account for a huge part of there business hence the switch to PG so they could go for more ad money. Also, if money gets too tight they will change up how they do things.

So yeah WWE will be around for a very, very long time.
In regards to advertising. If last year, you consistantly did a 3.9 and this year you can barely do a 3.3 on a weekly basis, then i would think advertising is (or should be) less due to the fact you are not reaching as many people and you lost part of your audience.

In which case, since TV Ratings have gone down, that affects how much advertising they get. Especially because one show that used to have advertising is no longer on TV (NXT).

If advertising with WWE doesn't work like that, then the advertisers are morons cause I would use that to get a better price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They have one of the best business models in the modern business age. They are able to adapt and adapt quickly if need be. What they have lost in buyrates and PPV money they have made up with merchandising. The only thing that could cause the WWE to go under is if the leadership after Vince is awful. However, I think if the management team stayed within the family, the success rate will be greater.

·
Registered
621 Posts
They have one of the best business models in the modern business age. They are able to adapt and adapt quickly if need be. What they have lost in buyrates and PPV money they have made up with merchandising. The only thing that could cause the WWE to go under is if the leadership after Vince is awful. However, I think if the management team stayed within the family, the success rate will be greater.
You can't be serious? Merchandise sells can not cover the lost of PPV buys, which is down by...well, I don't really have the statistics but they are down-no doubt about it. Also the ratings on RAW are down so are the ratings of Smackdown. WWE will make good profit this year, but I am sure it will be a lot less than the one last year. And yeah, to be honest, WWE's current product- sucks from wrestling, storyline, promo and almost every other aspect you can think of. And does anyone really has the statistics about WWE's merchandise sells? I can't really imagine they are up from last year when Jeff Hardy is gone and Triple H missing the hole year, also DX is gone now. Orton sells more but he is nowhere near Hardy's level from what I've read, Nexus sells, but more than DX? I don't know, I can't imagine their merchandise sells are going up from last year. Who cares, WWE sucks anyway-the worst mainstream wrestling promotion there is! I find Disney channel more entertaining!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Yes WWE will be around. They make a ridiculous amount of money.

Vince has also said the WWE works in cycles. They have a young-audience period (ie. Hogan), then as the audience grows older, they grow with them (into the older era, Austin/Rock), then they lower their audience again (Cena). They'll definitely return.

In recent years John Cena has publicly stated he supports the direction the WWE is headed.
Business wise it makes perfect perfect sense, so of course he supports it. Don't try and turn this into a hate thread.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes WWE will be around. They make a ridiculous amount of money.

Vince has also said the WWE works in cycles. They have a young-audience period (ie. Hogan), then as the audience grows older, they grow with them (into the older era, Austin/Rock), then they lower their audience again (Cena). They'll definitely return.

Business wise it makes perfect perfect sense, so of course he supports it. Don't try and turn this into a hate thread.
That makes no sense what so ever.

Let me repharse what you said.

Step 1: Start with a kid audience.

Step 2: Target an adult audience.

Step 3: Repeat one, but ignore the adult audience who grew up watching us during step one, and continued to watch us in a mature theme in step 2.

Step 4: target the adult audience who grew up watching the show in step 3.

Step 5: Dump the adult audience, and go back to kids.

See any logic in this?

·
Registered
282 Posts
If TNA can stay in business for this long with their abysmal rating, poor attendance and a ppv buys where 5,000 is considered acceptable, so yes WWE will still be around in 10 years.

·
Registered
996 Posts
As long as Vince McMahon is alive, YES.
If Triple H decides to screw up the company, maybe not.
But as long as the McMahons are running the business, WWE will not die.
Because of people like us and kids who will grow up to become people like us,
and more kids to be born who will love and worship the next John Cena whoever that might be.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts