Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So most people are happy they made the right name Change. TV Championship had the best wrestlers as champions in WCW and ECW. The name is legit this time TNA TV Championship.

Anyways the point of this threat is. Does anyone have any info if TNA will bring in its own belt design for the TV Belt. I think most will agree that they cant just that Legends belt for the TV Belt. TV Belt needs its own belt identity . People would take it way more seriously that way. The belt design does not fit the name TV It fits that stupid Legends name more. And that belt itself is tainted to everyone.

I have heard one rumor from 1 guy. That TNA is planning on bringing a new Belt design for the TV Belt after the Hardcore justice ppv.

Does anyone have any info on this. Has anyone heard anything of a belt design coming at all. Its really what needs to be done to match the good new name. So we can have new history made. Not have any bad taste from before.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
IMO the Legends belt is the best looking in the industry. It really appeals to me. I hope they change it only for the fact that it looks far superior than the WHC belt RVD has.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
I don't mind the design. I don't really know what kind of cosmetic change you're hoping for, but the old NWA Mid-Atlantic/WCW Television Title was pretty basic.

I mean, what do you expect? A big picture of a television set where the "globe" centerpiece is normally at? Plasma? LCD?

Get over it. The belt looks fine. A name change (perhaps with the old-school time limit rules to go along with it) is all it needed.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind the design. I don't really know what kind of cosmetic change you're hoping for, but the old NWA Mid-Atlantic/WCW Television Title was pretty basic.

I mean, what do you expect? A big picture of a television set where the "globe" centerpiece is normally at? Plasma? LCD?

Get over it. The belt looks fine. A name change (perhaps with the old-school time limit rules to go along with it) is all it needed.

Get over it ? Its not because they are using the same belt for other names. Its the fact that it has to have its own belt design. To have its own identity. Imagine Calling the world Tittle the X division belt. It just dont fit. Because we know what the belt is for. The design was made to seem legend king is for the legends belt. Thats not a great fit for a TV Championship.

They need to make this belt feel special and TV Belt legit worthy. New design is a must do and then people will respect it that much more.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And someone did say TNA is revealing the new designed TV Belt after the ppv. So im hoping that is true. But i dont see why he would change the belt name well its still the old belt. But maybe they wanted to make it a story. Where he is like this belt is crap. I have the proper designed TV Championship belt.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i heard the new design is debuting next week someone on here said that
Next week as in not this thursdays Impact ? Like the following. And the following is after the PPV right. And it might be a 3 hour live special.

Would be a good time to reveal a new belt.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
TV titles should be blue and red by law.

As for TNA's belts the Knockouts and Tag belts look great, the X Division is OK and the others suck IMO. Especially the fake WWF world title.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
if it was up to me, id put world over legends and a black strap and make it the WHC... i just really like the design of that belt, its kinda lame how tna sells itself as this cutting edge alternative, yet their world belt looks like its been in jim croketts basement collecting dust for 30 years

as for the TV title i wanna see them design one that looks like the wcw hardcore title except put tvs and remotes on it..... then when they have house shows the champ can come out and say "i know you rednecks watch TV, so you have to love me"

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I think we can all agree that the Legends/Global title looks more meaningful or at least equal to WHC belt, therefore, it already fails as a mid-card belt.

They need something small, and classy looking, like the old WWF intercontinental belt.

It doesn't really matter, I'm just pumped to see a new title, but the red strap and the grand-nature of the global belt made it look awkward.

Plus, AJ is going to take this belt with a new start and give it some meaning either way.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm glad they changed the name. I loved watching the TV Title being defended in WCW. As far as design. I'd like to see a change. I'm with The Skarupa, it needs to be something small and classy, nothing real big.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I could care less if they gave it a new design or not. I personally don't mind the current design. I hear a lot of people praise it's look.

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
I could care less about what the belt looks like or what it's called, what TNA has needed for a long time is a legit mid card belt, and hopefully the TV Title can transition into that.

Would be nice to see them implement some rules for it though, where it has to be defended every week on Impact, and even throw a time limit on the matches.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I could care less about what the belt looks like or what it's called, what TNA has needed for a long time is a legit mid card belt, and hopefully the TV Title can transition into that.

Would be nice to see them implement some rules for it though, where it has to be defended every week on Impact, and even throw a time limit on the matches.
While I understand your point, I don't want another rule like the 24/7 one implemented for the WWF Hardcore Belt. You had some guys who were 20+ time champions, and I don't want that to hapen to the TV Title, it would diminish it.

I say have the holder of the belt defend it on one Impact between PPVs, and then he must defend it at the PPV. 2 times a month is plenty for a belt to be defended.

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
While I understand your point, I don't want another rule like the 24/7 one implemented for the WWF Hardcore Belt. You had some guys who were 20+ time champions, and I don't want that to hapen to the TV Title, it would diminish it.

I say have the holder of the belt defend it on one Impact between PPVs, and then he must defend it at the PPV. 2 times a month is plenty for a belt to be defended.
Defending it every week can work, as long as you don't do what you mentioned and have a different guy drop the belt every month. Having someone defended the belt successfully weekly over a decent period of time, not only builds up the champion but also the title.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it should go back to the classic rules of. 15 Mintue time limit to win it or survive. Champion lasts 15 minutes he survives and retains the belt. Or he can win the belt any time in that 15 minute period.

But like everyone is saying. TNA MUST MUST make each champion last as champion for a while. make it special to be champion that it was work to get it. And yes it should be defended often on TV.

Just having its own design will give it that much more identity. Which this belt badly needs its own stand.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts