Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember back when the Shield were still together, everyone assumed that once they broke-up, the three of them would have a Triple Threat match. However, that didn't end up happening. Now Reigns looks like he'll be in the title picture for the next few months at least, Rollins is Mr. MITB, but the scandal he's in now looks like his position might be in jeopardy, and Ambrose seems to be stuck in the mid-card with his feud for the IC against Barrett.

So considering all that, do you think WWE will ever actually do the Shield Triple Threat Match? Or has the time for it passed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Ambrose WHC title debate on another thread in this forum actually sparked the idea that having Ambrose win this at a big PPV could be his way out of that IC title hell-hole he has been thrown in to. Don't think it will happen for a while though, WWE Creative seem pretty happy for Ambrose to mid-card.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Yes, when the time is right. Be patient.

Rollins seems to be the only one whose found a good footing as of right now.

Reigns has yet to have a multi-PPV one-on-one feud and people are salivating at the thought for shitting on him like Cena. Rumors of his weird promos being scripted don't help either.

Ambrose has been looking rough for since he returned a NOC 2014 plus he might be saddle with the IC Title. They really had something with that Wyatt feud but WWE went too fast, too soon and screwed it all up.

With that being said, I'd guess WM 33 or 34 should give them enough time to get their shit together and develop properly. Only WWE can fuck it up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i bet my ass that it will happen. one of the few "big" matches in the making the WWE has to offer in the future. It will happen when each of these three are proven main eventer/uppercarder. Maybe next year at Mania for the title who knows...

:reigns sure as hell will be a main eventer and champion in the following years
:rollins is one of the top 3 heels right now and he´s getting better and better. Pretty sure he will leave a mark and will be somekind of a "new" Edge. In ten years from now one of the best heel of his era.
:ambrose3 may seems to be stuck right now but im confident that he will get back on track during this year. Hes just too damn good.

i would wait making this match, right now its too soon imo and i really like this "remained" brotherhood between ambrose&reigns so i dont wanna see them fight yet.
2015/2016 this match will happen when they´re really big and cornerstones of the WWE, so its a cant miss match which will be very special and exciting, in particular because of their history as the shield.

As far as who should win i would like to see Ambrose victorious, capturing the WWE title for the first time by pinning the champ rollins. Just fantasy ..:ambrose

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be the Austin/Rock/HHH of this generation and never happens.

It's a Wrestlemania main event in the waiting, maybe not next year since they'll want a big main event to sell Cowboy Stadium, but maybe WM33.

Or at Summerlsam this year or next.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Wrestlemania 32, Ambrose wins the rumble, one of Reigns/Rollins is already champ, the other find their way in to the match and Ambrose wins the big one for the first time. Dream scenario.

Reactions: TheMenace

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Sadly if it happens WWE will probably do it 100 times like they did HHH vs. HBK, and more recently Cena vs. Orton.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Personally, I would LOVE for this to happen but not yet. my ideal scenario would to have it on hold for a few years... Unheard of in this time and age I know especially with a society that is used to instant gratification. However, imagine just how awesome it would be to have the tension and occasional tease over the new few years... sure have the odd feud or match between two of them but never actually have the three go up against each other at once. Until suddenly 'BOOM" that would make a main event of one of the larger PPV's more memorable..

think about it, when the shield finally met the wyatts in the ring, what was the reaction from the fans??? "this is awesome" chants before they even touched each other... Why? there was no interaction between the two teams except for a few seconds of posturing over a mutual enemy... and the occasional hint.

I think for the shield triple threat it should be the same only 10X's bigger. hence waiting a few years.

(now I had better get back to work before the boss catches me lol)

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
I'm sure it will sometime down the road. It's not too late, there's no hurry.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Would be a worthy Summerslam or Mania main event in the future but I have a feeling that it will be the main storyline post Mania this year.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
If it doesn't happen by next years Mania then no IMO.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts