Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching impact this week, its clear that TNA is slowly but surely building up the RVD/HARDY feud, now with bischoff in power behind the scenes in tna and also being the man who built the hogan/sting feud, do you think that he will go the same way with RVD/HARDY?

What would you like to see in this feud, where would you like it to go? I have a strong feeling that this will be a long built up feud without having hardy and rvd face each other until a particular ppv for a title match.

Personally, i would love to see RVD V HARDY in a ladder match at bound for glory after 8 or so months buildup

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
After watching impact this week, its clear that TNA is slowly but surely building up the RVD/HARDY feud, now with bischoff in power behind the scenes in tna and also being the man who built the hogan/sting feud, do you think that he will go the same way with RVD/HARDY?

What would you like to see in this feud, where would you like it to go? I have a strong feeling that this will be a long built up feud without having hardy and rvd face each other until a particular ppv for a title match.

Personally, i would love to see RVD V HARDY in a ladder match at bound for glory after 8 or so months buildup
that's as possible as wcw returning, tna would build it max for 2 months

·
Banned
114 Posts
I hope it's gonna be Anderson vs Hardy at Lockdown. Not a fan of RVD.

Hardy vs RVD - Against All Odds.

Hardy vs RVD vs Morgan - Destination X

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Sting/Hogan was one of the defining feuds of WCW which gave the company a lot of credibility.

For TNA to have a defining feud to legitimize the company, one of the stars must be a home grown superstar.

Sure RVD/Hardy are two decent main event performers and can sell but we've seen this match up before.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
RVD shouldn't be main eventing in TNA. At best, upper card maybe lose in title matches but thats it. As much as I loved RVD, the chance to make him a world champ has been passed years and years ago.ECW(in a way) and WWE dropped the ball with him. I'm all for them fueding...but not when the world title is involved.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
Nope..Sting was seen as WCW's homegrown talent vs. Hogan a dominate figure from another company who came to WCW and took over( Or at least that's how I viewed the feud)..

TNA's Sting/Hogan could've been AJ/Angle or AJ/Jeff Hardy or something like that but not Hardy/RVD imo

·
Banned
114 Posts
Nope..Sting was seen as WCW's homegrown talent vs. Hogan a dominate figure from another company who came to WCW and took over( Or at least that's how I viewed the feud)..

TNA's Sting/Hogan could've been AJ/Angle or AJ/Jeff Hardy or something like that but not Hardy/RVD imo
Good point.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I would rather much see AJ in RVD's place, TNA is the house that AJ Styles built, either he is kicked outta Immortal, or he is pushed to the edge that he leaves the group, like Batista and Evolution, if so they gotta start his face turn soon, I hope they are gonna use a Styles/Williams respect angle thing to help that.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
RVD/Hardy won't even be 1/5 the size of Hogan/Sting, and I don't think it's even fair to compare the two. Wrestling was at it's height in 1997, and WCW had gained massive attention with Hogan turning. Sting had turned into the top babyface, and management did a great job of keeping Hogan/Sting separated for over a year.

Hardy/RVD will most likely happen at Lockdown, but I think TNA missed an oppurtunity by having one of their home grown talents be the top guy to take the belt from Hardy. Whether it be an established guy like AJ or Joe, or one of the young guns like Magnus (Yeah I said it) or Wolfe.

I'm looking forward to RVD/Hardy, but it's nowhere near Sting/Hogan!

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
and WWE dropped the ball with him.
Uhmm? No.

RVD dropped the ball on himself when him and Sabu were arrested with drugs in their possession. It isn't WWE's fault that the pothead can't stay clean.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Sting/Hogan was one of the defining feuds of WCW which gave the company a lot of credibility.
You do realize the Hogan/Sting match ended with the screwball finish where Bret Hart came out and forced the match to restart after a "fast" (read: normal) pin. It's also considered the beginning of WCW losing its credibility.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
RVD/Hardy will happen at Lockdown probably, and no, it's not even close to Sting/Hogan.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You do realize the Hogan/Sting match ended with the screwball finish where Bret Hart came out and forced the match to restart after a "fast" (read: normal) pin. It's also considered the beginning of WCW losing its credibility.
yes the match was shitty but it still was the best build up for a match ever well for me anyway

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
RVD/Hardy is in no way close to Sting/Hogan. Sting/Hogan was a "DREAM" match, and yes it was done on free TV, but by the time Hogan turned heel, it became a hugely anticipated match. "Dream" matches can have occurred before, like John Cena vs. Batista from earlier this year, or Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles. Sting was THE babyface in WCW, Hogan was the invader. It was huge. RVD and Hardy are too WWE transplants who just kinda came with the Hogan package earlier this year. They've also faced each other a lot, in WWF in 2001, 2002, and in TNA last year. Neither can carry a match, and neither is a huge star. TNA had its dream match, and it was Kurt Angle vs. Sting.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Hardy vs Styles would seem a lot more liek sting vs hogan to me

hardy is the ultimate good guy gone bad and aj styles is the sting of tna.. been there since day one

1 - 20 of 24 Posts