Wrestling Forum banner

Will The Rock return to Royal Rumble?

Will The Rock return to Royal Rumble?

564 19
What do you think - will The Rock return to the Royal Rumble PPV even if it's in a non-wrestling role?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,233 Posts
I really don't see Rock being in the Rumble match itself, as this positions him as just another wrestler. I don't think Rock would want his return to kick-off a dream angle like this, amidst a million other things going on that night. It has to be something more focused. Then again, I could be wrong, and for all we know he's #30.

· Registered
660 Posts
If hes not in the rumble then I expect him to cost Roman one of the titles Sunday. After KO wins it will be revealed that Roman only lost the WWE Championship and then Rock will challenge him at Mania. At this point i dont think the match is happening but like @Tomzy95 said if I hear “if you smell” during the rumble I’m going to mark out. and then I’m going to come on here and troll all of you because i know you guys dont want to see Rock vs Roman and want to see Jobber Zayn win the rumble.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Why do you think so?
I sort of pointed some of it out in Sami / Cody thread but i believe there was more to Owens smackdown segment than what we think and it plays out w Sami actually getting the title shot at Reigns this Saturday Night which gets us to Elimination Chamber w some combination of The Bloodline Owens & Sami w Reigns coming out successfully defending in both scenarios only for THE ROCK to return at the end of that show to challenge the head of the table along w the royal rumble winner looming and the walls beginning to close in on The Tribal Chief bringing everything to a boil as he has to defend on both nights of MANIA and of course Owens & Sami turning there attention to Jimmy & Jey

· Registered
4,582 Posts
Roman has to be the bad guy if he faces The Rock.

If The Rock randomly shows up at the Royal Rumble so he could earn a title shot to dethrone his cousin - it would paint him as an insecure petty and jealous bitch. Not as a face lol. He's the biggest man in hollywood, he doesn't need WWE....is he so insecure that his cousin is doing well that he has to come back to try and fight him for no reason?

The feud only works if Reigns instigates it first. Kayfabe wise, even if Reigns is a heel, Rock should be proud of his cousin's accomplishments.

Reign can:

• Attack the Rock. Then, the Rock returns (at Rumble or not) to seek revenge
  • Disrespect Rock. Maybe on the mic say "yeah, Rock was good, but Im' way better". As far as I know this has never happened.

I still say it makes 0 sense for Rock to come looking for Reigns out of nowhere without Reigns instigating it.

So no - Rock will not return.

· Premium Member
4,209 Posts
I don’t know why everyone is so hyped about Austin, Rock, Cena, etc all being in the Rumble. None of them are happening. It’s possible one of them show up after the Rumble itself I guess, but they won’t be active in the actual match, much less winning it. I’d bet a lot of money on that.

· Registered
268 Posts
I don’t know why everyone is so hyped about Austin, Rock, Cena, etc all being in the Rumble. None of them are happening. It’s possible one of them show up after the Rumble itself I guess, but they won’t be active in the actual match, much less winning it. I’d bet a lot of money on that.
My money would first be on Cody winning it but I'd also throw some money on The Rock. If I had to bet on anybody else it would be Sami. I can see Cena and Lesnar being in it but they won't win it. Don't know what to think about Stone Cold I don't see him vs Roman as a story he's my favorite of all time but that doesn't make much sense to me if he won it.

· Premium Member
4,209 Posts
My money would first be on Cody winning it but I'd also throw some money on The Rock. If I had to bet on anybody else it would be Sami. I can see Cena and Lesnar being in it but they won't win it. Don't know what to think about Stone Cold I don't see him vs Roman as a story he's my favorite of all time but that doesn't make much sense to me if he won it.
I’d love to be wrong, because the logical conclusion to the Bloodline story is the Rock facing off against Roman. However, I just don’t think it’s going to happen at this point. He would have to drop a good amount of weight, get in ring shape, devote more time than he probably wants to the product, and take time away from the other hundred things he has going on. I can see him being a special guest referee/enforcer for Roman’s Mania match, but that’s about as far as I see it going.

· Registered
268 Posts
Nope not a chance this is the main reason why I think some of you are slow.
I don't see what's so far fetched about it they seem to be making Cody winning it too obvious. Someone else posted on here about Roman coming out at 30 winning it then that's where The Rock comes out to challenge him. I'm excited for the Rumble match whatever they do it should be interesting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts