Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im suprised The Rock had his to date last match in a 3-2 match against Evolution with Mick Foley. I really thought Rock would go out in better style than that maybe he should of just ended it with Brock Lesnar or Goldberg - either one of them.

But with Rock returning to the squared circle everything that has happened has all lead to this. The Rock Vs John Cena but my question is not the same repeated "Who will win?" I'm just wondering do you believe The Rock will end his career (his last match) against John Cena?

Personally I reckon Rock will put on a great match with Cena and depending on whether they do rematches I believe Cena will be the Rocks last ever opponent. There is no one else Rock should face (well maybe there is) but in terms of a "huge event and a huge match" The Rock going against the current face of the company John Cena would be one hell of a way to say Rock ended his career with John Cena. Sounds much better than saying his last match was that he lost at WM in a 3-2 match.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I think so.

If he's faced Cena at WM28, what else is there for him to do?

Any other match he has after WM will just be dwarfed by his Cena match on April 1st.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I certainly hope not, to be honest through the Rock's career his biggest rival was Triple H so I would love to see them have one more big match before he retires and perhaps that would be the best way for them both to go out.

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
The Rock is only 39 come Mania 28 and he claims "He's never going away again" so its difficult to say, other than CM Punk (who Stone Cold would seem a better option) I can't think of a "dream" match (which lets be honest he wouldn't have one unless its a "dream" match).

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
The Rock is only 39 come Mania 28 and he claims "He's never going away again" so its difficult to say, other than CM Punk (who Stone Cold would seem a better option) I can't think of a "dream" match (which lets be honest he wouldn't have one unless its a "dream" match).
Even if Austin could wrestle anymore, I think that ship's sailed. The Rock already beat Austin at 19 and it was a very big deal at the time, like some kind of huge achievement. Even if we could have another Rock - Austin match, I don't think we should.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Even if Austin could wrestle anymore, I think that ship's sailed. The Rock already beat Austin at 19 and it was a very big deal at the time, like some kind of huge achievement. Even if we could have another Rock - Austin match, I don't think we should.
I think he actually meant that Stone Cold Steve Austin was a better option for CM Punk instead of The Rock rather than meaning we see Stone Cold Steve Austin against The Rock for the fourth time which in my opinion wouldn't draw anywhere near what it did in between 1999 and 2003. Bsck on topic though and no i don't think The Rock will end his career against John Cena at WrestleMania 28 because i fully expect there to be a rematch if it draws as HUGE as the world expects it too and i can also see The Rock facing off against someone else as well so he goes out with a win.

When you look across the entire WWE roster there isn't too many people who would be believable in going up against The Rock but then who other than John Cena is which means that WrestleMania 29 would be a viable option for The Rock against A.N Other for his final match or even WrestleMania 30. A lot of people are already speculating that Stone Cold Steve Austin will wrestle one more match which would probably be WrestleMania 28 seeing as next year is Cena/Rock as the HUGE match so WrestleMania 30 would be best for The Rock to do the same. By that time any of The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett could have become great main event heels and the rub of a match against The Rock at WrestleMania even in defeat could be a major one for the long term.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,366 Posts
If Mania 28 is his last one, then he can't go out on a higher note than the main event against the new version of Hulk Hogan in front of his home city. Personally, Rock/Cena was never on my dream match list, but the success of this can't be ignored when all is said and done.

The truckload of cash Rock will make sure can't hurt, either. As far as retirement gifts go, it sure as hell beats a gold freaking watch!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The only other guy he could realistically wrestle would be Orton. They could play up the whole 3rd generation stuff about how the Rock was the first and orton could counter with being the more successful.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
i hope not .. i would like to see rock in other feuds , like miz/rock , punk/rock , rhodes/rock .. hell i'd like to see one more rock/hhh match

·
Registered
864 Posts
personally i always marked for a Rock/Michaels match but Cena v Rock will most likely be the end of The Great One

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Well, the man hasn't stepped into the squared circle in a long time. And he is facing a big superstar.. So, it would make a lot of sense to see this as his final match. If it is, well then Rocky had a hell of a run.

·
Premium Member
43,586 Posts
Honestly, don't be surprised if Rock takes the WWE Title from Cena. I'm dead serious. Smart money is that Cena wins, but don't be surprised if they go the other way.

Why? The WWE will have their championship belt on The Rock, a guy that is a legit movie star that appears at movie premiers & red carpet events. Can you see Rock appearing at one of those said events with the WWE Title? I can. Think WWE would want that kind of press for their company? I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In a recent interview with Rock's dad, Rocky Johnson said he explained to the Rock that wrestling is in his blood and that he should always go back. He said he didn't want The Rock wrestling full-time anymore though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts