Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean getting a little more controversial or Cena turning heel, I mean a whole new look and feel.

I think if anything it might move into a more tech, kind of revamped set and whatnot, but I think the idea of big era overhauls like there used to be doesn't seem like it'd happen.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's been slowly ending for about 12 - 18 months now. I don't think there will be a massive clear cut "end" although personally if there was I'd say it was Cena vs Brock at Backlash.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I don't think it will have a clear cut ending.

I do however think that we are in the midst of its ending. I think there will be a series of events that will signal its end and those events have already begun with Lesnar and Rock returning to face Cena, Lesnar bloodying Cena, more swearing and such.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hope it does, I like the idea of huge, single, era-defining moments

A massive Cena heel turn like Bash at the Beach 96

Or a new face emerging and doing an 'austin 3.16' king of the ring moment

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
When Linda McMahon finally abandons her political aspirations.
This. Though there's ways to transition into a new era while remaining PG. the ''PG era'' is a silly term to coin seing that this isn't the first era that the WWE was PG. I'd say we've been in the Cenation era for the last 7 years, and they're already moving away from this slowly but reluctantly.

For it to be a complete and noticable change, you'll need a new set design, a new theme song, new faces positioned as solid main eventers, a complete overhaul to the Cena character if they're still willing to feature him as prominently, and a vigorous new marketing campaign to promote the company's new direction. A few other small changes would be needed as well.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
You realize that outside of like a 3-year period during the Attitude Era (which was only because WCW Nitro forced WWE to change) that WWE has ALWAYS been a "PG era" right?

They're not going to change. Certainly when there's no competition giving them a reason to do so. Stop lying to yourself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It will not change from PG for a while i dont think. It might have a slight edge to it but thats all as said above the lack of serious competition is one of the reasons behind this.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
There is a difference between PG now and PG then. Smackdown was always PG, you think they would ever have allowed something like Lesnar busting up Gowen in 2009 or even today? Like Heyman pretty much said in his promo "the WWE today is so image conscious" which reflects our politically correct society. What was PG then is different to PG today, you can't make comparisons to what it was like before.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You realize that outside of like a 3-year period during the Attitude Era (which was only because WCW Nitro forced WWE to change) that WWE has ALWAYS been a "PG era" right?

They're not going to change. Certainly when there's no competition giving them a reason to do so. Stop lying to yourself.

I understand that the rating has been pg before and for awhile, but I'm not talking about a literal PG rating, that's why I put it in quotes. Call it the Cena era, call it PG era, call it whatever, I just mean the kind of style of shows we've been seeing for the last 5, 6 years.

·
Men with Ven
4,275 Posts
Be cool if there was a clear end, I'd like to think it could happen in a similar fashion to Nexus, a new faction/force making absolute carnage, blood, swearing and then a bra and panties match, all the cool shit back in one night

1 - 15 of 15 Posts