Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will The Miz lose the brief case? I really hope he doesn't but I dont see him as a world or WWE champion right now. Not for atleast a few more years.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Will The Miz lose the case?

I forgot mr. kennedy did, I changed the topic. I dont mean lose the case by someone else getting it, I mean by he cashes it in and loses the match.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
No, it won't happen. The way the WWE hypes up the match is by saying that everyone to cash in MITB has become world champion. If anybody was gonna lose it, it would've either been Swagger, because he was a low card jobber who barely made tv, or Kane, due to Undertaker's return. Those pretty much sealed that there's never going to be a loser. Whether you think the Miz is ready or not, it doesn't matter. This is a company that once put the title on The Great Khali.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
If anyone could be the first person to lose their MITB Cash In I could see it being Miz. Even though I think he deserves to actually win the title when he cashes it in somehow I see them making him be the first person to fail.

I guess his push seems a little too unreal right now. This was that dorky kid on Tough Enough that lost to Daniel Puder (who?).

Now look where he is.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I thought it could have been a good idea and good storyline if he cashed it in and lost, but in all honesty no I don't see anyone losing the MITB. That would defeat the whole purpose of winning it IMO. They have made the Royal Rumble less prestigious IMO because they let people win the rumble to just lose the match at Wrestlemania. The Rumble and MITB should be given only to those who are GOING to be world champions whether at Wrestlemania or sometime in the future when they cash in.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone could be the first person to lose their MITB Cash In I could see it being Miz. Even though I think he deserves to actually win the title when he cashes it in somehow I see them making him be the first person to fail.

I guess his push seems a little too unreal right now. This was that dorky kid on Tough Enough that lost to Daniel Puder (who?).

Now look where he is.
I would love to see him win the title but I dont think they will give it to him just yet.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I would love to see him win the title but I dont think they will give it to him just yet.
I hope he waits a LONG time. It's always better when they make the contract holder wait to cash it in.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought it could have been a good idea and good storyline if he cashed it in and lost, but in all honesty no I don't see anyone losing the MITB. That would defeat the whole purpose of winning it IMO. They have made the Royal Rumble less prestigious IMO because they let people win the rumble to just lose the match at Wrestlemania. The Rumble and MITB should be given only to those who are GOING to be world champions whether at Wrestlemania or sometime in the future when they cash in.
Well the Royal Rumble winner shouldn't win the belt every single year. Theres gotta be a loser sometimes cuz thats if not then its expect every single year that Hey the Royal Rumble winner is gonna win the belt.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well the Royal Rumble winner shouldn't win the belt every single year. Theres gotta be a loser sometimes cuz thats if not then its expect every single year that Hey the Royal Rumble winner is gonna win the belt.
I just feel like it doesn't matter who wins the royal rumble anymore because they have devalued it so much. Same thing will happen with MITB if people start losing it when they cash it in.

·
Few adventures require staying home
7,725 Posts
If he's not ready now (I think he is) than I don't think two years will make much of a difference. He has the attitude, the look, the mic skills, the ring work to be champion right now. He has the gimmick of someone with a sneaky calculating mind and there is no way he'll cash it in unless he thinks he's 100% sure he'll win the title.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Pyro™;8647379 said:
No, it won't happen. The way the WWE hypes up the match is by saying that everyone to cash in MITB has become world champion. If anybody was gonna lose it, it would've either been Swagger, because he was a low card jobber who barely made tv, or Kane, due to Undertaker's return. Those pretty much sealed that there's never going to be a loser. Whether you think the Miz is ready or not, it doesn't matter. This is a company that once put the title on The Great Khali.
If CC would have won a case, you would be leading the charge of "He's gonna lose the case/lose the cash in". Just sayin

The WWE bookers (for better of worse) are capable of doing anything at any given time.

With that being said, it would be a travesty if they made Miz the first to not successfully cash it in. I could see that happening just as easily as I could see him cashing it in and winning.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If he's not ready now (I think he is) than I don't think two years will make much of a difference. He has the attitude, the look, the mic skills, the ring work to be champion right now. He has the gimmick of someone with a sneaky calculating mind and there is no way he'll cash it in unless he thinks he's 100% sure he'll win the title.
If he thinks he will 100% thinks hes sure he will win the tile haha, Don't you mean if the writers have him winning that match.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
I highly doubt the WWE would waste their year long project with a rib to the guy. While i'd think it's a great way to get Miz over as a face,i also think it'd be pretty disrespectful to all of his hard work to just basically waste the MITB on him after it being probably the biggest win of his career. It also seems most likely that Miz is in store for a mega push,and he just might hold both the US & WWE Championships.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Right now we can all agree with how Raw is going between Orton/Cena/Barett/Shaemus and possibly HHH in the near future the Miz has no place to cash it in and be there right now amongst them.

I see him donig an Edge and holding it on for ten or more months until it is the best time to cash it in. But then again if he waits until the new year or further that almost guarantees him walking into Wrestlemania as the champion which I am not to fond of either...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Why on earth would they destroy one of the hottest talents on the roster right now by making him loose a sure thing?

They've spent the last 18 months now building The Miz to where his is allmost ME worthy. Why would they throw that away? .......... oh thats right its the WWE!

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
There's no way that with the time that they've spent building him and pushing him to where he is now that he's gonna lose that case. Swagger last year was the PERFECT opportunity to have the first cash in lose the match. His victory came out of nowhere since he was jobbing to Santino mere weeks earlier. Miz was actually built up to win MITB by attacking and showing a vicious attack on Truth and Henry. I said it a couple of weeks ago that Miz was a guaranteed future heavyweight champion and guys like Evolution kept saying that he wouldn't go further than the US title. Miz is gonna have a successful cash in. They're making him a big part of the future and they've shown that.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
I agree with HarlemHeat i'd love for The Miz to be the first guy to come close to maxing out the year for the briefcase by waiting close to the end of the 12th month to cash in it'd be fresh & NO ONE would see it coming. Have the crowd even forget he has it then have him cash it out of no where,and win,but if they go that route he'd most certainly drop the US Championship by then.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
No.

For two reasons.

#1 - The Money in the Bank breifcase is designed for one purpose, and one purpose only - to create new WWE or WHC champions. It's cash-in success is almost as infamous as The Undertaker's Mania winning streak, and like the streak, may never end. The person who wins MITB is chosen by the WWE itself to be the next eventual WWE or World Heavyweight champion. Kennedy lost the briefcase to Edge, but at the end of the day, the contract itself was successfully cashed in.

#2 - For whatever the reason, WWE has been pushing The Miz as a future star since the day he stepped foot on Monday Night Raw. Developing the "Awesome" catchphrase. Fueding with John Cena. Changing his look and attire. Becoming United States Champion and holding it for 8 months. New entrance theme. Forming ShowMiz and becoming Unified Tag Team Champion. Appearing on both seasons of WWE NXT. Mentoring Daniel Bryan. Finally losing his US title to none other than Bret Hart himself. Winning the United States Championship again. And now, he's Mr. Money in the Bank...

Based on all the time and effort spent on building him up over the past 15 months, in addition to MITB never failing, a decision to have Miz lose his title shot would be quite possibly the absolute dumbest decision creative has EVER come up with, at least in the past decade. That's like a boss slowly promoting an employee up to the top of the company, and then firing his ass just for kicks. Nothing but time wasted.

But I agree with what others are saying. The Miz will probably cash in the breifcase in early 2011. For now, the mere fact that he's walking around with MITB and the US title is enough to brag about, and I have a feeling that spending at least 6 months bragging about the red breifcase will get him more heat or pops from the crowd than the US belt ever has.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.