Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the unfortunate circumstances, I have found the current promos being put out by WWE to be very different to what we usually get.

I don't know if it's because there is no audience the performers are more comfortable, or whether there is no audience to get distracted by their smartphones or trying to get themselves over by stupid chants, or a combination of both. But it's working and feels different.

So with that being said...considering a lot of people will still be watching shows from home while others may have tuned out to pay attention to other things... Is there any chance that the audience's behaviour will change when when they can return to live shows?

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
What about it do you expect to change?

Do you mean are they going blindly do what the writers want them to? Because no. People are still going to cheer and boo who they want, heckle bad promos, and act out during bad matches.

They might be appreciating of things returning to normal, but at the end of the day they’re still going to criticize a bad show.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Only thing they'll learn is that they're not actually the problem - which a lot of people have said - the show actually is awful.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Of course without the fear of immediate criticism these promos are going to come off a lot better. One of the biggest fears people have is public speaking. Without the public... you're just speaking.

Maybe a small fraction of fans will be a bit more well behaved. I'm sure a lot of people will just be glad to get back to a bit of normalcy so those first few crowds should be red hot. Once the bloom is off the rose things will go back to normal

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Crowd is always gonna do there own thing though I do wish they'd notice what's going on

Silence absolutely helps the heels because a serious tone sounds more menacing than it would with 10,000 people doing there own thing in the background.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
The novelty of empty arena promos will wear off soon. Without the fans then pro wrestling is nothing. You think The Rock would be considered one of the best promos of all time if he had no audience? He certainly wouldn't be the most electrifying man with no fans would he? We already saw an Austin promo with no audience and it wasn't good.

The fans can actually make promos great by their reactions, sometimes they react to what's being said, sometimes they just listen because they are invested in the story.

If a superstar can't handle cutting a promo in a live audience then they shouldn't be out their in the first place.

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
The fans can actually make promos great by their reactions, sometimes they react to what's being said, sometimes they just listen because they are invested in the story.
Austin is not used to talking to the camera on his own for 15 minutes so obviously it came off bad. His promos back in day were short and hitting off someone else be it Vince, rock, Foley etc

Edge, orton, and Cena were all excellent talking to camera with no audience because they are used to that method which has been synonymous with WWE promos since 2000.

If a superstar can't handle cutting a promo in a live audience then they shouldn't be out their in the first place.
Said it many times on here I don't think anybody regardless who it is should be out in the ring on their own talking for 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Yeah I always hate it when fans boo wrestlers they don't like. Why don't they just cheer or boo who Vince wants? :rolleyes:
I get what you're saying but it's been proven that fans will love someone until they're pushed and then they're not cool anymore. It's a running joke that the fans don't know what they want.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The shows have been a lot of fun without the crowds, and a lot more enjoyable when you don't have mindless tools trying to come up with chants to get themselves over. I'd be happy if we didn't have to have crowds again even though that'd never happen. Just a lot more fun without them.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
If anything it's just proving those fans right. The product is being exposed when there are no fans in the building. It's those hardcore fans that make this show better than it actually is. Without them we get what we have seen the last couple weeks, A nothing show.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts