Wrestling Forum banner

• YES

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • NO

Votes: 10 52.6%

Will the Directv/Viacom situation hurt Impact's ratings permanently?

997 16
Do you think impact is going back to 1.1/1.2 right after directv and viacom make a deal or it will take some time to fix the damage?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
DirecTV says they are "near a deal" , Viacom says "they are nowhere near a deal" infact, Viacom is now for the first time encouraging people to switch to other providers. Even some non-DirecTV subscribers think Impact Wrestling is not airing now, because of how TNA handled this situation, same goes for some international viewers. It will take weeks if not months, to recover after Spike is back on DirecTV.

· Registered
10,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love how TNA's new strategy is just get everyone to switch providors! The ratings will return back to nearly normal in time
What should be TNA strategy? "Everyone please switch or stay with directv, let's make sure our ratings drop even more!"

· Oh My Goddess
5,107 Posts
According to Gerweck.net, Impact hasn't gotten a rating that could be rounded up to a 1.2 since February. And not a literal 1.2 since January. On the other hand, they received a mini streak of high 0.9's in April. And have been hanging around the just over straight 1 area for most of the year.

I don't know that one can say a range of 1.1-1.2 is customary anymore.

· Banned
2,459 Posts
Time for an new network this stuff is not good for the ratings.
There's a problem with that...there's not other network (which better overall ratings than Spike TV) that would want to pick up TNA.
The only one that remotely looks like a viable option is TruTV. Regardless, moving away from Spike would mean TNA would have to start earning their keep.

-

I'd pick yes and no. Short term yes, 'cause some of the casuals will pick something else to do. No, 'cause they'll recover eventually anyway... maybe... unless this drags on and ends up getting resolved too closely to the start of football season. Then forget it.

· Registered
249 Posts
The situation has been resolved. Good to hear. DirecTV and Viacom have signed a long-term deal. All channels are back up, including Spike. Regarding ratings, I think all of us want TNA to succeed and prosper as it's been putting on a awesome product recently. I expect, the viewership to get back to the normal 1.2-1.5 million viewers sometime within the next month. We saw an important trend last week, with both hours having equal amount of ratings, let's hope this continues as DirecTV subscribers start watching Impact again. This will keep the first hour from dragging down the whole shows viewership.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.