Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we all know that WWE will never mention Benoit name ever again.But do you think that the crowd will ever chant his name ever again?Whenever Shawn & HHH used the crossface there's a huge pop but never a Benoit chant.
So yeah what's your thought about it, do you think the crowd will ever chant his name ever again?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I hope not.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Why would there be a Benoit chant of all things? Generally the crowd reacts to what is going on in front of them, so if the 'E never acknowledge Benoit again I don't see any reason the crowd would either.

Hmm, interesting question, to add to it, if they did, would it get edited out?
Yes (assuming they could).

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
probably not. they might cheer the crossface, but not chant Benoit's name. i'm pretty sure if someone where to use the Rock Bottom the crowd wouldn't break out in a Rocky chant.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
in all offense to him, motherfucker doesn't deserve a chant. so i would hope not, i get disgraced enough with the fans whenever they do the "what!" chants or the "USA" chants.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I don't remember any crowd ever chanting "Benoit," and I watched most shows from when he came to WWE to when he left. So I doubt they would start now lol.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Okay, we all know that WWE will never mention Benoit name ever again.But do you think that the crowd will ever chant his name ever again?Whenever Shawn & HHH used the crossface there's a huge pop but never a Benoit chant.
So yeah what's your thought about it, do you think the crowd will ever chant his name ever again?
Only morons would do that, if it happened I could Vince blacklisting the town. Some things are just inappropriate, even things I would actually like to see/hear, such as a 'You're Gonna Get Your Fucking Head Kicked In' aimed at Daniel Bryan.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Anyone who chants his name deserves to be punched in the mouth.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
The popular census of this thread is correct, why would they cheer for him? It's like people who want the ban lifted of his name on television; Chris Benoit was a great wrestler but the Devil in him eventually outshone the God in him. He murdered both his wife and child, no matter how many great matches he had he shouldn't be cheered or put in a positive light. Concussions, brain damage, whatever.. The best way to think about it is if somebody in your neighbourhood snapped and murdered somebody you knew, would you eventually want to speak about them positively because enough time has passed?

I can see why people would want to see him but he wasn't even that great a deal in wrestling, without him the sport would be just the same. The Crippler Crossface is just a submission hold.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I think certain members of the crowd may chant his name but it will never be a majority of the crowd chanting for him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think deep down Vince still care for Benoit.Otherwise he wouldn't have let Shawn & Triple H used the crossface right AFTER Benoit died.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Probably not, only some hardcore canadian, will be pretty cool to hear it though, especially in this era, Benoit was the man.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I think deep down Vince still care for Benoit.Otherwise he wouldn't have let Shawn & Triple H used the crossface right AFTER Benoit died.
Actually I always thought Triple H's and Shawn's crossfaces were pretty sloppy :p

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I disagree. I think the reason Michaels and HHH use it is so fans start associating the move with them and not Benoit

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I doubt. Benoit was not a big star with a follwoing compared to the likes of Austin, Hogan, Rock, Undertaker, etc. In 10-15 years when people look back on the 90s Wrestling thewy'll remember those that I mentioned and several others such as Sting, Goldberg etc. but not Benoit.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I can't really think of a situation in which people would even be compelled to THINK about chanting Benoit's name. At this point, I'm sure there's a large portion of the crowd who doesn't even know who he is, and the ones who do know would have no reason to ever chant his name. EVER.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts